Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

How in the world...?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,092
[SIM]
Members
2,451 posts
4,080 battles

Full disclosure, I despise the Kidd. Revile it. Hate that I spent money on the thing. After another battle where the thing failed to offer any advantages all at, I decided to check its stats on Warships Today and...yeah, I got nothing. I cannot fathom how you folks can make those awful guns and allegedly existant torpedoes work, but a sincere tip of the cap to you for doing so.

 

 

43ADE174-74D0-463C-9D22-829A5B015D4F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,647
[INTEL]
Members
8,457 posts
25,353 battles

All the Kidd players I know are very experienced DD drivers. A couple of them are top DD drivers on the server.... that the DD was weak and would need ability probably scared off many potential buyers.

Edited by Taichunger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,509
[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
4 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Full disclosure, I despise the Kidd. Revile it. Hate that I spent money on the thing. After another battle where the thing failed to offer any advantages all at, I decided to check its stats on Warships Today and...yeah, I got nothing. I cannot fathom how you folks can make those awful guns and allegedly existant torpedoes work, but a sincere tip of the cap to you for doing so.

 

 

43ADE174-74D0-463C-9D22-829A5B015D4F.png

It's a team ship where it's strength comes from partnering with a cv. The damage output is lower but the heal helps keep you alive and guarantee cv every match keeps you relevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,258
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
18 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

It's a team ship where it's strength comes from partnering with a cv. The damage output is lower but the heal helps keep you alive and guarantee cv every match keeps you relevant. 

In other words it's a one trick pony which is only good against red teams with cv's. yeah, lets spend a lot of money on that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
371
Members
2,274 posts
7,369 battles

The best way to win is kill the enemy DDs and get caps. Kidd is really good at both. Kidd is bad at farming damage, but is good for team play and objectives. 

 

Just look the other top DDs, Akizuki, lo yang and Z23, they are good at cap contest and kill enemy DDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,509
[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

In other words it's a one trick pony which is only good against red teams with cv's.

Hm. No, that's how it's most effective. An aa focused dd that sacrificed a torp launcher for it, you should try to play to its strength. On its own, it's average. Exchange Dpm for longevity heal. Players tend to not struggle with spamming torps but will struggle with proper health management. It's more difficult to play in that regard, but if you do it right you can beat back DDs for a long time and maintain hp advantage over them. 

 

I prefer using it to it to its best potential. This means forcing carriers by diving with one. At max AA strength you do better than full Ncal aabuild using df, with the added bonus of stealth kill box from 7.2km to 4.something when you're spotted. They can't escape you. 

 

Many DD with defensive can do this now. The x4 is extremely strong, the Kidd just has slightly more AA. The challenge is not letting too many AA guns get broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
297 posts
4,970 battles

Kidd is the ultimate team ship and dd bully.  Those who know how to take advantage win games. If you want damage go elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

since the AA upgrade, even Sims is lot of fun to play when CV is present.  love knocking down dozen planes .  turnabout is a fair play  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
830
[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles
5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

All the Kidd players I know are very experienced DD drivers. A couple of them are top DD drivers on the server.... that the DD was weak and would need ability probably scared off many potential buyers.

I had a feeling that the Kidd's numbers would be propped up by good players more so than other ships. 

What is interesting is the big jump in the numbers in division game play. Take a look at the Kidd's stats in division games.

Kidd solo: WR 52.74% Dmg 29,450 XP 1448

2 ship div: WR 55.52% Dmg 32,779 XP 1621

3 ship div: WR 66.52% Dmg 37,154 XP 1,893

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487
[-1]
Beta Testers
1,805 posts
18,763 battles

I brought one and I'm glad I did . I enjoy the hell out of that ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
241
[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

I highly recommend listening to the Warships Podcast with Kelorn, etc, for their reviews of new premium ships before you buy.  They discussed the pros and cons of the Kidd in great detail recently, and it could help you avoid purchasing a ship that does not fit your play-style.  I know - a day late and a dollar short...

https://thewarshipspodcast.simplecast.fm/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,258
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, Pulicat said:

Exchange Dpm for longevity heal. Players tend to not struggle with spamming torps but will struggle with proper health management. It's more difficult to play in that regard, but if you do it right you can beat back DDs for a long time and maintain hp advantage over them. 

I can relate to your statement of players experiencing difficulties in health management; I struggled with it in Khab and eventually went back to smoke. So, yeah, it is more difficult to play in that regard; if only because you have to overcome your natural tendency to stay and finish off an opponent or a battle and instead withdraw (something no one likes to do), heal, and re-acquire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[MEATS]
[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
116 posts
2,725 battles

@SkaerKrow It requires a different mindset. I primarily use it for objective contesting when on a map that has them. I drive it like a cavalry attack - cut, then fade to heal if needed. I keep telling myself not to treat it like I would a torp boat all the while I'm playing it, and it seems to work well.

I was somewhat leery of it when I picked it up, but after a couple of games it clicked. But I will say, it's not for everyone. And I'm a rubbish DD player to start.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×