You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

Modifications 50% Off, Put them on your Rentals

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles

I am shamelessly reposting a Reddit post because it is great information. With the modifications 50% off, put them on your three tier 10 rentals so when they remove them from the game, they unmount them for free leaving you with half price modifications in your inventory. Here is the original Reddit post if you want to give the poster some love:

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,311 posts
11,415 battles

I can't. 

I am one of the DD mains for our clan....

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,254 posts
24,681 battles

I didn't even think of this.  Thanks for the heads up.

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
9 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

I didn't even think of this.  Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I didn't either, when I saw his post I went "Duh!". One of those things you may not think about and is so simple. BTW if you have ARP or the Dragon ship and don't use them, you can mount up half price modules on those but it takes doubloons to remove them. Not long ago they had a "free to unmount" modules deal, maybe it will come around again.

Edited by Taylor3006

[SPTR]
Members
20,095 posts
5,145 battles

The thing is... 

I've demounted basically all the mods I need from my ships during the free-demounts season.

I have 4 concealment system mods.

Four.

Edited by khaenn35

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
7 minutes ago, khaenn35 said:

The thing is... 

I've demounted basically all the mods I need from my ships during the free-demounts season.

I have 4 concealment system mods.

Four.

Yeah I had a few in my inventory as well, bought some of the aiming mods since they where cheap. Never know what I may end up with in the future so best to have the half price ones on hand.

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,976 battles
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I didn't either, when I saw his post I went "Duh!". One of those things you may not think about and is so simple. BTW if you have ARP or the Dragon ship and don't use them, you can mount up half price modules on those but it takes doubloons to remove them. Not long ago they had a "free to unmount" modules deal, maybe it will come around again.

Same here.   I did use the discount on the ships I own, but didn't think of buying them for the T10 loaners.

Interestingly enough, I did move some rarely used commanders I want to respec into those ships - in 5 days, the ships will go away, and the commanders get their skills reset and put back into reserve.    Free respec is good for me.    Half-price modules will be good too.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
44 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Interestingly enough, I did move some rarely used commanders I want to respec into those ships - in 5 days, the ships will go away, and the commanders get their skills reset and put back into reserve.    Free respec is good for me. 

That is brilliant, did not think of that either! Will do the same, thanks!