Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Same old thing the over and over again

15 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,743 battles

Hi

Well its that time of year and while scrolling through the posts i have noticed a couple of positive posts about Black Friday, however this is not one of them.

Why well lets break the all the deals down and see why i think this.

First the individual ship deals:

Atago   Atlanta  Prinz Eugen Warspite and Leningrad now apart Leningrad the others have been on so many promo deals, these ships have been DONE TO DEATH its getting mundane.

What WG should have done was maybe put some of the newer ships up on single deals Gallant  KII  Enterprise  De Grasse and Giulio Cesare but no we got good old Atago Atlanta and Co AGAIN for the umpteenth time.

The sad thing to remember is come next month when the new calendar comes out and we get our regulation nation month or class month ( WG  cant think up anything else )  these same ships currently part of the single ship promo will be there once again more than likely, for the record i have these ships and like them very much but gee you can only see the same ships on sale so many times before it gets  mind numbing.

Second mega deals

Well what can i say firstly quite a few  people such as myself buy throughout the year a lot of premium ships we tend not to buy ones that are deemed not good and if we miss a ship sale we wait till it comes back  or go without  they are no value and anyone that buys them just pick up 1 or maybe 2 ships they missed out on in the past just wasted a whole lot of money if they had just waited, not only that your lumped with ships you don't want.

Look at last years mega deal Katori was in it and people were screaming about wanting to buy it some went on to buy the whole deal just for that ship only, later on we had a event to win it for free classic WG.

Third the accessories 

The modifications, consumables  and the rest are not to bad but again they fall down in couple of places, premium time a lot of people were hoping for the half price discount for a 1 year deal  so unless there plan to spring it on us on Friday  we are stuck with just the 90 day one.

Ports slots fine half price in game what about selling them for cash as well  did you think of that at all i would have bought some for certain.

WG who is running the Promotions and Sales department, are there any humans there or is it Bots that are running on a 12 month recycle sales promotion program.

I'm a avid supporter of the game and buy quite few ships and various other things, i wanted to spend money on the Black Friday promotion  but there is really nothing here for me to spend money on, i would have bought Gallant had she been sale but i wont buy the Untied deal just to get her.

WG you need to be more creative in your promotions department.

regards

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles

Part of me hopes that Cyber Monday will have better deals that will make up for this lame Black Friday sale.

That said, I fully agree with you.  I look at the Black Friday sales and it looks like next to no effort was put into coming up with anything new and original.  Heck, to make matters worse, while they had discounts on tech tree premiums, they excluded the newer ones that people may have been more likely to buy, i.e. the Hood and the Kaga. 

On top of that, they have these mega-bundles where they say that you'll get gold for ships in the bundles that you already own.  Fine, but how about listing out how much gold each of the bundled ships is worth so that if you have a number of the ships in a given bundle, you can calculate how much gold you could be getting?  For example, I've been mildly considering the Russian bundle, but I already own a fair number of the ships in said bundle.  I'd like to know ahead of time how much gold I'd be getting so that I can decide if I think that the few ships I don't own plus the gold for the ones I do is worth the price.  Because when all's said and done, I just cannot bring myself to pull the trigger on any of these mega-bundles without having ALL the facts.

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

I agree, just a rehash of the same old deals. It seems geared to the Steam players coming on board now to scoop their cash by making them Nooblords with a bunch of premiums at once. There are so many exciting new premiums that people missed out on the first go-round that could have been included. As well there could have been 1-year premium account discount, XP conversion discount. There just isn't anything here for veteran players.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
15 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Hi

Well its that time of year and while scrolling through the posts i have noticed a couple of positive posts about Black Friday, however this is not one of them.

Why well lets break the all the deals down and see why i think this.

First the individual ship deals:

Atago   Atlanta  Prinz Eugen Warspite and Leningrad now apart Leningrad the others have been on so many promo deals, these ships have been DONE TO DEATH its getting mundane.

What WG should have done was maybe put some of the newer ships up on single deals Gallant  KII  Enterprise  De Grasse and Giulio Cesare but no we got good old Atago Atlanta and Co AGAIN for the umpteenth time.

The sad thing to remember is come next month when the new calendar comes out and we get our regulation nation month or class month ( WG  cant think up anything else )  these same ships currently part of the single ship promo will be there once again more than likely, for the record i have these ships and like them very much but gee you can only see the same ships on sale so many times before it gets  mind numbing.

Second mega deals

Well what can i say firstly quite a few  people such as myself buy throughout the year a lot of premium ships we tend not to buy ones that are deemed not good and if we miss a ship sale we wait till it comes back  or go without  they are no value and anyone that buys them just pick up 1 or maybe 2 ships they missed out on in the past just wasted a whole lot of many if they had just waited, not only that your lumped with ships you don't want.

Look at last years mega deal Katori was in it and people were screaming about wanting to buy it some went on to buy the whole deal just for that ship only to that later on we had event to win it for free classic WG.

Third the accessories 

The modifications, consumables  and the rest are not to bad but again they fall down in couple of places premium time a lot of people were hoping for the half price discount for a 1 year deal  so unless you plan to spring it on us on Friday its we are stuck with just the 90 day one.

Ports slots fine half price in game what about selling them for cash as well  did you think of that at all i would have bought some for certain.

WG who is running the Promotions and Sales department, are there any humans there or is it Bots that are running on a 12 month recycle sales promotion program.

I'm a avid supporter of the game and buy quite few ships and various other things, i wanted to spend money on the Black Friday promotion  but there is really nothing here for me to spend money on, i would have bought Gallant had she been sale but i wont buy the Untied deal just to get her.

WG you need to be more creative in your promotions department.

regards

I agree with much of what you say, but get real.  They're not going to let you SELL port slots for cash or gold, for that matter.  Not ... going ... to ... happen.

[LOU1]
Members
2,860 posts
7,992 battles

Where did you see the Black Friday deals?  I only see the Thanksgiving weekend sales.  Or, are you anticipating no sale on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Edited by ExploratorOne

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,743 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I agree with much of what you say, but get real.  They're not going to let you SELL port slots for cash or gold, for that matter.  Not ... going ... to ... happen.

Hi your absolutely right ports slots are not going to set the house on fire with sales the main point is you didn't have the choice it was a in game sale or bust.

i have a friend who needs ports slots if the were on sale for cash i could gift him some really cant do it when there only cheap in game, short of gifting him dublooms.

cheers  

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
8 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Hi your absolutely right ports slots are not going to set the house on fire with sales the main point is you didn't have the choice it was a in game sale or bust.

i have a friend who needs ports slots if the were on sale for cash i could gift him some really cant do it when there only cheap in game, short of gifting him dublooms.

cheers  

Wait.... I misread your original post.  I thought that you were looking to SELL the port slots back to WG for cash.  You're looking for a premium shop sale OF port slots.  Very big difference.  Actually, WG has sold port slots on occasion.  I seem to remember a while back (last Christmas???) where they sold something like 10 of them for a pretty reasonable price.  It was a pretty good deal as I recall.  But the thing is that port slot sales are rare.

But there is an in-game port slot sale (50% off the gold price).  So, I suppose that you could gift him the doubloons.  $7.98 (USD) would get him 1500 gold, which would get him 10 port slots (at the current sale price).

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1

Members
1,759 posts
8,036 battles

There will probably be more sales Friday or Monday. Then in a month Christmas sales. As many people have already stated these are probably geared towards steam. Probably 2 more chances in the next month for you to see a sale you like.

Members
1,145 posts
4,192 battles
8 minutes ago, tm63au said:

cheers  

crates very routinely give port slots and additional captain reserves. Im surprised your friend has an issue with capacity

[PWH]
Members
242 posts

These "deals" are not for veteran players, they're to hook new players.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,860 posts
7,992 battles
2 minutes ago, nhf said:

This^  I am not very veteran (little over a year), but I have most of the ships.  i just want a Gallant....

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,743 battles
1 hour ago, nhf said:

You are correct on this sir but the fact remains there are lot Vet players who want spend who cant because these deals suck badly.

cheers

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

Why are you surprised? Clan wars is just a rehash of team battles. WG doesn't exactly have competent staff. How many years has this game been out and they can't take 5 min to widen the name column on the post battle report so we can read player names? 

Just like many of the player base when it comes to performance, you're dealing with an unhealthy number of folks who are content with setting a standard that's in the toilet. It takes a combination of brains and self-respect to put a solid foot forward in everything you do, but that combo is becoming extinct. Even creating a post using proper spelling, grammar and punctuation seems to be beyond reach for many. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,228 battles
16 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Why are you surprised? Clan wars is just a rehash of team battles. WG doesn't exactly have competent staff. How many years has this game been out and they can't take 5 min to widen the name column on the post battle report so we can read player names? 

Just like many of the player base when it comes to performance, you're dealing with an unhealthy number of folks who are content with setting a standard that's in the toilet. It takes a combination of brains and self-respect to put a solid foot forward in everything you do, but that combo is becoming extinct. Even creating a post using proper spelling, grammar and punctuation seems to be beyond reach for many. 

The UI on the results screen is scaled to 720 pixel width, I think.

It would be nice if it scaled with screen resolution, but that is way more than 5mins of coding.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
6 hours ago, VGLance said:

1. You can hover your cursor over any player's name that's too long to fit in the name column of the team page on the post battle report, and it will pop up a little window that shows the player's full name.

2. If I had the meme of the person clapping really hard, I'd post it in response to this paragraph.  I agree 10000% and I'll leave it at that.  :Smile_great:

Sign in to follow this