You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CraftyExecutioner

too many flags

24 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,343 posts
17,834 battles

I really wish they would let us "sell" the flags we don't want to get rid of them. Have quite a few I have zero interest in keeping and would gladly sell them for one credit. 

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,886 posts
8,176 battles

I have the same issue, too many, whats worse is only one gives a bonus. I almost wish they would give me another halyard or remove the bonus and give me like 5000 gold for it.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I have like ten. Also, why is it bad to have a lot? I don't get it.

Edited by Elegant_Winter
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
117 posts
31,565 battles
30 minutes ago, CraftyExecutioner said:

Not that I expect anything to change, but having 37 "look cool" flags is a bit much.

I'll trade you some of my reserve slots for some of your flags...

:Smile_Default:

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

It would be nice if the flags were separated into categories, maybe something like Economic and Cosmetic. Then you could have the choice of mounting one economic flag plus a bunch of cosmetic flags.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,343 posts
17,834 battles
7 minutes ago, Freddie_Creamer said:

Speak for yourself. The more flags the better as far as I'm concerned.

Umm everyone is speaking for themselves, hence the use of the word "I"... 

Members
689 posts
1,107 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Umm everyone is speaking for themselves, hence the use of the word "I"... 

Huh...Who would've guessed that?:cap_hmm:

Edited by Freddie_Creamer

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

The more the merrier.  I like the flags, and fly several of them on different boats.  Not bothered on whether they give a small bonus or not.

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
1 hour ago, StingRayOne said:

I have the same issue, too many, whats worse is only one gives a bonus. I almost wish they would give me another halyard or remove the bonus and give me like 5000 gold for it.

I've never understood why so few flags give any bonuses. The flags would all be FAR more interesting and valuable as collectibles if more of them had some (even small) effect on game play or income.

Some suggestions:

Dunkirk Flag   +5% XP for British DDs

Pearl Harbor   +3% TB reload speed on IJN CVs

1st Anniversary -5% Repair costs

You get the idea. The bonuses don't have to be large, but they can be interesting.

• Cool 5

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
267 posts
8,736 battles
2 minutes ago, Jarink said:

I've never understood why so few flags give any bonuses. The flags would all be FAR more interesting and valuable as collectibles if more of them had some (even small) effect on game play or income.

Some suggestions:

You get the idea. The bonuses don't have to be large, but they can be interesting.

+1

[WOLF1]
Members
117 posts
31,565 battles
5 minutes ago, Jarink said:

Some suggestions:

Not a bad idea...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,343 posts
17,834 battles
3 minutes ago, Jarink said:

I agree. The other gripe I have about the flags is they are just "meh" looking and have zero interest in putting on a ship. I wish their flag designers would come up with something that at least means something to players. State flags, semi historical flags, or just ones that look cool would be a welcome change to the silliness they have produced. The USSR and UK ships all have some nice looking flags to mount, everyone else has trash. Here is a freaking idea, how about a damn US Navy flag for the USN ships? Really think the designers have absolutely zero insight into their player base..... 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
163 posts
3,483 battles

I'd like to see a USN  flag as well, but I have to wonder if there's some sort of trademark issue...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,343 posts
17,834 battles
6 minutes ago, Darksaint1071 said:

I'd like to see a USN  flag as well, but I have to wonder if there's some sort of trademark issue...

Nah, shouldn't be. It is a national symbol. NFL flags (something that was suggested) are but the USN flag is in the public domain as are all the service flags.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
117 posts
31,565 battles
8 minutes ago, Darksaint1071 said:

1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Nah, shouldn't be. It is a national symbol. NFL flags (something that was suggested) are but the USN flag is in the public domain as are all the service flags.

Yeah...we have a Coast Guard flag. I imagine this would be the same kind of thing.

[ARMDG]
WoWS Wiki Editor
794 posts

you can never have too many flags! how can I let others know how stylish my botes are! 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,233 posts
8,804 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I really wish they would let us "sell" the flags we don't want to get rid of them. Have quite a few I have zero interest in keeping and would gladly sell them for one credit. 

Instead of selling them I would like to have the ability to fly a second one with no benefits if it does have any.

[PVE]
Members
5,343 posts
17,834 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Instead of selling them I would like to have the ability to fly a second one with no benefits if it does have any.

This will be happening with all nations eventually. You can fly two flags on IJN ships once you finish the Yamamato collection, I suspect they will add similar collections or campaigns to do the same for all nations.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
5 hours ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I have like ten. Also, why is it bad to have a lot? I don't get it.

It makes no difference at all. Generally it’s just a push to emphasize that the flags are useless and few give a [edited] about any but the one or two that actually provide some tangible gain. 

The couple flags they have that offer anything actually offer minimal gains but they offer 1 million percent more than all the rest since the rest are barely visible and few if any can see them anyway. Less than useless. Sort of like karma. People broadcast their disdain for both systems frequently as a not so subtle message to wg to spend less time on crapthat nobody gives a [edited] about and more on things that enhance the game in a measurable way. 

• Cool 1