You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Why are T 8 DDs showing up in battle and not in tech tree ?

23 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles

Premium ships are not in the tech tree unless they are continuously available for sale with doubloons.  Also, the HSF Harekaze which you probably saw is not technically part of the IJN, although the HSF ships blur that line a lot more than the ARP ships did...

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

There are some ships that aren't available for purchase in-game, you can buy them from the shop though. The HSF Harekaze is a special limited time ship. @Goose21891 already posted the link to the store.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

Premium ships are not in the tech tree unless they are continuously available for sale with doubloons.  Also, the HSF Harekaze which you probably saw is not technically part of the IJN, although the HSF ships blur that line a lot more than the ARP ships did...

The HSF Graf spee is German though.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
Just now, Silver_kun said:

The HSF Graf spee is German though.

It is, and it isn't.  At least it could always use standard German commanders.  The ARP ships had to get modified later to get that benefit. 

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
4 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

It is, and it isn't.  At least it could always use standard German commanders.  The ARP ships had to get modified later to get that benefit. 

That is true.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,726 posts
7,354 battles
44 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Name started with HAR, it sank four ships, super excellent concealment and torps.

Over 8k battles, and you're unfamiliar with how it works? That's...odd.

• Cool 2

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
26 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

The ARP ships had to get modified later to get that benefit.

Right now Kongo is in my Atago, Ashigara is in my Shinonome, and Thea is in my Z-23.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Right now Kongo is in my Atago, Ashigara is in my Shinonome, and Thea is in my Z-23.

Not sure what you're trying to say here, Prophet.  I use a couple of ARP commanders when I have to test IJN ships, so I am aware that this can be done now.  That's a fairly recent development, as opposed to the HSF ships that have always been able to share commanders with their 'parent' nation.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
2 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Not sure what you're trying to say here, Prophet.  I use a couple of ARP commanders when I have to test IJN ships, so I am aware that this can be done now.  That's a fairly recent development, as opposed to the HSF ships that have always been able to share commanders with their 'parent' nation.

They do have to be retrained like normal commanders though right?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,907 posts
12,441 battles
Just now, Silver_kun said:

Yes.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Yes.

Thanks for the reply Lert. :)

Edited by Silver_kun

Beta Testers
1,463 posts
8,728 battles

The others are probably right about it being an HSF Harekaze.  However, bear in mind that there are a number of ways you can see a ship in game that is not in the Tech Tree.

HSF and ARP ships don't show up there, as others have stated.  Even for normal Premium ships, they only show up in the Tech Tree if they are currently purchasable from the Tech Tree.  A ship can be on sale in the Premium shop and not from the Tech Tree, or it can be not currently available for purchase at all. These will not show up in the Tech Tree.  Finally, unreleased ships that are in the final stages of testing can be seen in game being driven by Super Testers as part of the final testing stages.  It wouldn't, therefore, be unlikely to see, for instance, the Tier VIII Hsienyang, in a game, but because it is not released yet, it will not show up in the Tech Tree.

Beta Testers
1,288 posts
3,583 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

Name started with HAR, it sank four ships, super excellent concealment and torps.

A good ship if you like destroyers hsf harekaze gives you three different loadouts and has access to torp reload booster and smoke. I am definitely happy with mine you have until September of next year to get it.

[DD214]
Members
757 posts
42 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

Yes, but you could assign them to a new ship and leave them in the ARP vessel until they get enough command XP

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, Seamus_44 said:

Yes, but you could assign them to a new ship and leave them in the ARP vessel until they get enough command XP

I see. Thanks for telling me.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

There are numerous premium ships that do not show up in the tech tree.  Surely you know this since you have played over 8,000 battles.

There are also numerous premium ships that can't even be bought right now, since WG uses a limited release, rotational availability sales policy. So, if you search for them you won't be able to see them (what you describe does sound like the HSF Harekaze, which is not in the tech tree but is currently in the premium shop).

AND, super testers are currently testing PanAsian DD's.  This also could have been what you saw.  The T8 Pan Asian is Hsienyang.

Edited by desmo_2

[TXP]
Members
652 posts
10,217 battles
58 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

A good ship if you like destroyers hsf harekaze gives you three different loadouts and has access to torp reload booster and smoke. I am definitely happy with mine you have until September of next year to get it.

That was it. Good torps and great smoke, 4 kills. Now I know when I see it briefly to steer away and not engage.

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
2 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

Not sure what you're trying to say here, Prophet.

Nothing more complex than confirming it can be done.

Being a bit more silly; the useless bum who came with Atago is long gone; I think he's in a destroyer now. Ashigara is in Shinonome because it's a premium, and I want to train her without taking her away from the Ashigara/Myoko, and since DDs burn a lot, so I could her her spaz about being on fire, and everything else she goes off about.

Thea is in Z-23 because I wanted to train her up, Spee won't cut it for Yamamoto missions, and Prinz Eugen is effectively worthless to me for that purpose, (as are all high-tier cruisers; I can't make any of them work worth a flying flip... Nothing hacks me off more than watching someone sail a bloody cruiser around with apparent impunity, when every time I try, it's like the Reds all scream; "A ROACH!!! KILL IT!!!" as soon as I'm spotted...)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:08 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

(as are all high-tier cruisers; I can't make any of them work worth a flying flip... Nothing hacks me off more than watching someone sail a bloody cruiser around with apparent impunity, when every time I try, it's like the Reds all scream; "A ROACH!!! KILL IT!!!" as soon as I'm spotted...)

You and me both; I finally gave up on high end cruisers, also out of frustration. It is no surprise when I say cruisers are the most difficult type of ship to master. Compared to them, DD's are a piece of cake; just avoid getting spotted. Try that in a CA!