You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Acaibaero

Game crashed now won't load

38 comments in this topic

[PEN]
Members
67 posts
7,144 battles

I've tried repairing the app, no joy.  I've rebooted, no joy.  vanilla install, no mods whatsoever...

Pic says it all. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Acaibaero

[TOY]
Members
3 posts
7,635 battles

Both WOWs and Tanks have been acting funny ever since this new windows 10 update my computer did last night.   logged into WOWs just fine earlier but now getting the same thing your getting on both games and repair keeps coming back and seeming fine but still does not work

[TOY]
Members
3 posts
7,635 battles

I am still not so sure its the game.   After that last windows 10 update my computer all together has been acting up. 

WoWS Community Contributors
151 posts
9,921 battles

Howdy, Captains!

Just sorted out my Crash incident so here's some food for thought... 

I don't run any mods, however, I have enabled my Replays and Training Room the old fashioned way :cap_haloween: (via the Preferences and scripts_config XMLs).

After running the WGCheck.exe, it said that I had two files competing against each other (I don't recall the techie-nerd name:fish_glass:);  windows_config, from my res folder, and, my Preferences XML from the Warships folder (i have two, the, Preferences, and the, Preferences - Copy, I made when I enabled Reps in the former).  After a bunch of going nowhere :fish_boom:, I looked at that Preference XML and noticed that it's last Modified date was the exact time of my first crash.  Hmmmm, so I opened it.  It was EMPTY!!! :cap_wander_2:  So, I copied and pasted the original content and re-enabled my Reps, and BOOM!  It worked!!!  I'm sailing the seas once more! :cap_rambo:

Now, I don't expect yall to have the same problem or solution, but, maybe it will help. :Smile_honoring:

And as for how I got that problem in the first place?! :Smile_amazed:

[ELIJR]
Members
24 posts
4,865 battles

I've been having the same problem. Started around 13 Nov 2017 which was about the time of the latest windows 10 update. Noticed that Firefox and MS Edge browsers have been slower also after update. I have been in touch with WoWS tech support every day since then. So far everything we have tried has been unsuccessful. Even got Geek Squad involved through remote access. One Geek Squad agent was able to get the game started but it was running extremely slow - lots of LAG.After rebooting the computer, it started crashing again. Have been playing the game for two years and have not had any issues until now.

WoWS Screen Error 11-26-2017.PNG

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
On 11/25/2017 at 8:02 AM, Fetchez_la_Vache said:

:fish_boom:, I looked at that Preference XML and noticed that it's last Modified date was the exact time of my first crash.  Hmmmm, so I opened it.  It was EMPTY!!! :cap_wander_2:  

Yeah in one of my crashes, the /root statement in preferences was missing.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

@dub577 My suggestion would be to not use the game center and use the individual launcher. The game center is still in beta and has a lot of issues:p.

I used to use Game center and was reluctant to change back as I looked the overview but well, My game started crashing a lot and it reached a point when reinstalling also didn't fix it.

I changed back to the old individual launcher and am very happy now, no regrets.

[ELIJR]
Members
24 posts
4,865 battles
9 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

@dub577 My suggestion would be to not use the game center and use the individual launcher. The game center is still in beta and has a lot of issues:p.

I used to use Game center and was reluctant to change back as I looked the overview but well, My game started crashing a lot and it reached a point when reinstalling also didn't fix it.

I changed back to the old individual launcher and am very happy now, no regrets.

How do I get to the individual launcher?

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 hour ago, dub577 said:

I will try to find a link, otherwise I will try to upload my copy, but I am not sure I can upload my own copy as I don't believe I have enough space to upload the downloader. I will get back to you after checking.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
4 hours ago, dub577 said:

I can`t upload as I predicted. In the NA site, try going to the "Game" tab and then selecting download.That should work.

[ELIJR]
Members
24 posts
4,865 battles
5 hours ago, Silver_kun said:

I can`t upload as I predicted. In the NA site, try going to the "Game" tab and then selecting download.That should work.

Thanks - I will try that.

[ELIJR]
Members
24 posts
4,865 battles

Still getting an error message. Both WoWS tech support and the Geek Squad have suggested loading the previous version of Windows10. Plan to take my computer to Best Buy next weekend and have the Geek Squad install the earlier version of Windows10. I was told that they can set it to not update to the latest version. Hopefully that path may lead to eventually solving this problem.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
15 hours ago, dub577 said:

Still getting an error message. Both WoWS tech support and the Geek Squad have suggested loading the previous version of Windows10. Plan to take my computer to Best Buy next weekend and have the Geek Squad install the earlier version of Windows10. I was told that they can set it to not update to the latest version. Hopefully that path may lead to eventually solving this problem.

I hope so. 

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
80 posts
3,776 battles

I have exactly the same issue. Tried re-installing and that didn't work. Clean install of nvidia drivers didn't work. My gut feeling is that it is a windows 10 issue but I have no proof. Neither sheeps nor tonks will work and I get an odd slow down even on blitz for windows.... perhaps wargaming doesn't want me to spend any more money.

• Cool 1

[ELIJR]
Members
24 posts
4,865 battles
2 hours ago, Aratnomis said:

I have exactly the same issue. Tried re-installing and that didn't work. Clean install of nvidia drivers didn't work. My gut feeling is that it is a windows 10 issue but I have no proof. Neither sheeps nor tonks will work and I get an odd slow down even on blitz for windows.... perhaps wargaming doesn't want me to spend any more money.

Between WoWS tech support team and the Geek Squad remote access sessions we have tried just about everything. Been working on this almost daily since about 13 Nov 2017. Sounds very similar to what you are experiencing. I will let you know how it went after my trip to Best Buy and the Geek Squad this coming weekend. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I know how you feel - I've spent a decent amount of money on premium myself...

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
80 posts
3,776 battles
16 hours ago, dub577 said:

Between WoWS tech support team and the Geek Squad remote access sessions we have tried just about everything. Been working on this almost daily since about 13 Nov 2017. Sounds very similar to what you are experiencing. I will let you know how it went after my trip to Best Buy and the Geek Squad this coming weekend. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I know how you feel - I've spent a decent amount of money on premium myself...

Perhaps its because I have been searching, but I have found quite a few instances of people complaining about this on warships but also on tanks. Too much co-incidence to have it not be some kind of MS update vs WG software architecture problem. I wonder how wide spread the problem really is.

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
32 posts
6,815 battles

Constant crashing since the patch today.   I can get into a match then eventually I notice my latency drop down to -35 and I'm tossed back to the launcher.   I had no issues yesterday prior to the patch but today I cannot play for much more then 2 minutes before being tossed back to the launcher.   I have had times where I tried to get back to the game and had all the audio of the battle but no video, just the loading screen.

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,766 battles

Have either of you Windows 10 users checked your firewall exceptions?? I did have to tweak this for WOWs on my one Win 10 pc that I do have. I also have to make sure I reset any Direct X settings to Version 9 (even though my card can run at 11). One other option to run Wows is to runt he game directly from the .exe file and to not use the launcher...it is worth a shot.

If any of you would prefer to go back to the original launcher you can down load the file from here: WoWS_internet_install_na.zip

@Foulbreath Perhaps check your direct X as well and maybe roll back your video card drivers or check for a new video driver...

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,951 posts
On 11/27/2017 at 6:51 PM, dub577 said:

Actually I ran into this with several other games turns Windows System and Security gets finicky and sometimes you can find a workaround and sometimes you can't it seems to be worst with older software however at times it will popup with the newer as well.   There's an old saying about making things over complicated making things worse.   That's pretty much anything these days whether software to mechanical

• Cool 1