Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gene_Inari

Explain this to me

11 comments in this topic

[AR]
Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

5e08e9341c.png

Bust my [edited]on caps trying to win games. Play smart and all that jazz.

And yet, some idiot on the other team can hit W 4 times, do 0 damagem and still win 40% of their games.

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,159 battles

Small sample size.  According to your sig in the last four days you've got the rating of a good player and the win rate of an AFKer.  These things happen.  Get 50 battles or so in it and then see where your win rate's at.

[AR]
Members
219 posts
5,509 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

the win rate of an AFKer.  

Because trying to play and AFK may as well get the same rewards.

There's no point to being a good player when being a unicum or a tomato who does 0 damage every match ends up with the same win rate.

Teams are so lopsided all the time, either games are impossible to carry or 0 damage would of won the game anyway./

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,817 battles

Try rolling with a good div if you're having a bad time. Or take a break & come back on another time when the players rotate out. Best way to stop a streak is to not keep going.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Whenever I'm having a bad run where I find myself doing well but just not winning i tend to switch up tiers and ships.  If I'm not doing well in the 6/7/8 BB's I'll drop down into my Konig Albert, Texas or my Mutsu for a bit, if i don't change it completely up and go for a DD or a cruiser.  Heck even walking away and taking a break for 5-10 minutes is sometimes enough to clear out the matchmaker and get a new group of players on the team where you might have some better luck on the win side. 

Beta Testers
1,462 posts
8,728 battles

First, I see 4 of 13 games won, resulting in a 30.8% win rate, as the graphic indicates, not 40%.

Second, were you present at all 13 games or even all four of his wins?  If not, you have no idea of what happened in those other games.

Even if he did nothing the entire game in all of those games, the natural win rate for being paired with random people on two teams is 50%.  Just not being a drag on your team should result in a 50ish percent win rate.  If you are a drag on the team, you win rate will naturally be lower, but randomness will drag you kicking and screaming across the finish in at least some of those games.  In this case, it was 30.8% of them, which is not unexpected statistically with random team matchups.

Some, or even all, of his wins were the net result of his team's contributions.  So what?  Some of your wins had more to do with how your team performed than how you did.  It is the same for everyone no matter how good they are.

Good players just are more often on the side where their contributions make the difference.  His 30.8% win rate seems to suggest the opposite for him.  [insert "nothing to see here" meme with Frank Drebin (Leslie Nielson)]

[5D]
Members
1,182 posts
7,091 battles

It's thanksgiving week. No school.

It's basically the weekend all week long. It took everything I had yesterday to barely scrape by as unicum. Usually I can screw off a bit and still end up unicum. This week so far though I've had to work my butt off to scrape by.

Members
660 posts
4,243 battles

Honestly it's nothing to worry about at 13 games. Luck of the draw. Sometimes you get put on the teams that can't be carried. 

I think after about 10-15 games in the Benson I had something like a 20% WR despite performing competently in the ship. By the time I got the Fletcher I was at 54% and if I'd kept playing I'm sure it would've ended even higher. Streaks happen in this game. Over enough games it'll even out. 

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

Don't sweat it, you are only 13 games into the ship, if you know how to do well, you should be able to fix up your winrate.

1 hour ago, Lert said:

Sample size.

100 games in, 36% WR in Benson.

I don't consider myself to be THAT bad driving destroyers, some bad, some good; but not even being able to get up to my average win rate for all my DDs in Benson? (Roughly 48-55%-ish across all tiers,) I'll accept it is a good DD; but to honest; I hate the bloody thing; stupid pile of junk I apparently can't even buy a win with.

Sign in to follow this