Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

50K in flooding ru kidding me?

28 comments in this topic

Members
1,246 posts
20,656 battles

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I just spent 2 days trying to get 2K in flooding damage for the 1st Pan Asia mission thing.

Now I have to get 50K in flooding for the 2nd stage, part 2?  I can sometimes hits the ships with torps as a below avg. DD player, but the flooding seems

to me to be more luck than anything else.  Plus it's only available for ranked or random, so no running to Co-op.  

Sigh.

• Cool 2

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

One word. Ramming Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!! ramming causes floods, if they have repaired... Bonzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sweetsie
  • Cool 1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,238 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

One word. Ramming Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!! ramming causes floods, if they have repaired... Bonzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's, officially, two words you numbskull. 'Ramming' is the one correct word. &, no, due to stupidity, you don't get a +1/2.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

Except you need to ram a BB in a DD to ensure enough HP left for flood DoT to tick off.

Members
396 posts
9,434 battles
10 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I just spent 2 days trying to get 2K in flooding damage for the 1st Pan Asia mission thing.

Now I have to get 50K in flooding for the 2nd stage, part 2?  I can sometimes hits the ships with torps as a below avg. DD player, but the flooding seems

to me to be more luck than anything else.  Plus it's only available for ranked or random, so no running to Co-op.  

Sigh.

Start fires, after they use repair launch torps? rinse repeat

[R-F]
Members
677 posts
6,188 battles

Just keep torping.  Most of the time you'll hit somebody with DCP ready or you'll devstrike and floods won't matter, but sooner or later you'll hit that BB that repaired one fire at full health and it'll tick for 40k.  Couple of those and you'll be good to go.

Members
634 posts
4,153 battles

What others said, you basically need to get a BB to use their repair party first and then hit them with torpedoes. If you're doing it in a CV, use DB's first to set a fire and then hit with torpedoes once they put it out. If you're doing it in a DD, set them on fire with guns first and then put a torpedo or two into them. Same thing goes for cruisers, though you'll have to get a bit closer than might be comfortable. Alternatively, cooperate with your team mates and look for ships that have been set on fire. If they put the fire out (as opposed to have it go out on it's own), make them your next target.

Edited by Jiggiwatt

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,065 posts
8,857 battles
6 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

What others said, you basically need to get a BB to use their repair party first and then hit them with torpedoes. If you're doing it in a CV, use DB's first to set a fire and then hit with torpedoes once they put it out. If you're doing it in a DD, set them on fire with guns first and then put a torpedo or two into them. Same thing goes for cruisers, though you'll have to get a bit closer than might be comfortable. Alternatively, cooperate with your team mates and look for ships that have been set on fire. If they put the fire out (as opposed to have it go out on it's own), make them your next target.

Good BB it will be a wait to use the consumable.

[Y0L0]
Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

I would agree with much of the above advice. Torping after a fire goes out. Use torps sparingly to avoid annihilation of the target. Use the signals to improve flooding chance.

The tier of the DD in use matters as well. The torps in use can affect the number of floods and amount-per-tick. Triple flood with Shimakaze torps is another world from a single Akatsuki flood.

50k can be managed, but it may take a higher tier than currently in use by the OP.

EDIT - The OP did not state what type or nationality of DD. Use IJN. The "gunboat" DDs can have weak torps.

Edited by BlueWaterWolf

Members
1,785 posts
8,123 battles

Easiest way is to use an IJN DD with the torp reload. Since your only high tier DDs are US it's going to take some improvisation.

It's going to be very hard to start a fire on a BB yourself to force a repair and then hit with a torp, especially at high tier. Almost all high tier BB players are going to know exactly what you are trying to do and will only repair if there are multiple fires. In addition you can count on some evasive maneuvers.

I will assume you don't have somebody to division with since that would make this rather easy.

Use your Gearing or Fletcher since that will guarantee high health targets.

Go to the same cap your fire starter teammates are going to. Conqueror, Zao, Moskva etc.

Hold torps and try and stay positioned to immediately launch when you see a repair.

You don't want to hit with a bunch of torps or he will die long before the flooding ends.

Alternative method - find a BB by himself and only launch half your torps at a time. You will probably have to Yolo for the second hit since he will make himself very hard to hit after the repair

Members
634 posts
4,153 battles
58 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Good BB it will be a wait to use the consumable.

Depends on how many fires you've set. A BB with 2-3 fires is usually going to pop the repair party. Also, how often do you run into a good BB player? 30% of the time?

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,667 posts
14,042 battles

Low tier DDs like Fuji, Clemson etc. work well for frequent torpedo hits and floods.  CVs are also a great way to rack flood damage.

Notice a BB getting focus fired with fires.

Send in a TB to land torp hits, floods.

Profit.

The trick is not making the torpedo attack so powerful that the alpha strike just kills the target.  You need to wound them enough and let them bleed.  I've run into DD players that are scary good in that as they rack Liquidator badges.  A good CV can do that also.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

I don't think there's really a "trick" to getting flood damage. 

Sometimes you just land a single torpedo on somebody who used their Damage Control Party 30 seconds ago and you end up getting a ton of flood damage.  It's fairly inconsistent, although the best targets are going to be BB's that are taking sustained HE fire, as many of them will have already used DCP by the time the torpedoes arrive.

I just played 5 games in DD's and my flood damage was as follows:

Game 1:  1083

Game 2: 0

Game 3: 3758

Game 4:  0

Game 5: 11138

So just under 16k food damage done in 5 games, but 70% of that total came from a single torpedo.  So, thanks to that Des Moines for eating a fish with his DCP on cooldown, and I expect finishing the rest of the 50k flood damage is going to be similarly streaky.

[SYN]
Members
509 posts
5,971 battles

Tier 5 is great for flooding.  I seem to get a lot of floods that go on, and on, and on, against T6 and T7 BB's.  They appear to have enough armor to resist instant destruction and sufficient hit points to rack up the flooding numbers.

What I really thought was wild was getting Liquidator, Dev Strike, and It's Just a Flesh Wound from one torpedo.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
6 hours ago, bewbs_ said:

Start fires, after they use repair launch torps? rinse repeat

Play German.

Hit with torps and get flood.

Repair.

Hit with torps again.

Uh oh repair still down...

Glub glub.

Members
341 posts
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Low tier DDs like Fuji, Clemson etc. work well for frequent torpedo hits and floods.  CVs are also a great way to rack flood damage.

Notice a BB getting focus fired with fires.

Send in a TB to land torp hits, floods.

Profit.

The trick is not making the torpedo attack so powerful that the alpha strike just kills the target.  You need to wound them enough and let them bleed.  I've run into DD players that are scary good in that as they rack Liquidator badges.  A good CV can do that also.

One of the requirements of the mission is DDs only!!! Not getting away so fast!

Members
341 posts
5 minutes ago, 13579bc_bc said:

Does it have to be in a DD?

(I recently deleted the game because my computer won't handle it)

Of course, had 30k in a CV and was so happy. Only to realize it had to be DDs

[TOG]
Members
2,383 posts
14,655 battles

I used a Gearing.  It helps on a map like mountain range when the bb's all congregate together and you just torp in the general area. About 80k of of flood damage. 

shot-17.11.22_23.33.37-0262.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
157 posts
5,518 battles

Got lucky in my Kami R.

New York sailing straight after two torp salvos, 35k flood damage. RNG provides.

Sign in to follow this