You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Armada Bundle Doubloon Value

12 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,049 posts
8,934 battles

Good morning everyone,

For those of you giving any consideration to purchasing the mega Armada bundle this year, do note that you get a heavy discount on the value of doubloons if you own any of the premium ships in the bundle.

I consulted the WoWS Wiki to get a doubloon value on all the ships (had to estimate value for about 1/3 of the ships since the Wiki doesn't list the doubloon price), and I'm estimating the total value of the Armada bundle to be somewhere in the ballpark of 250,000 doubloons.

If you were to purchase 250,000 doubloons in the Premium Shop at the largest quantity possible (25,000 for $126), it would end up costing $1260.  Now if you happen to own all the ships (as some do), you would get the value in those ships in doubloons for $617, which is slightly less than half price.  These prices are in Canadian on my portal, but even in USD, the same percentage discount will still apply.

Although many will scoff at the price, the bundle does present an immense doubloon discount for those who may be interested.

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
17 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Did you account for the port slots you receive as well?

You can't receive duplicate port slots that turn into doubloons, so I wouldn't say its worthwhile including as you wont ever acquire them.

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

You can't receive duplicate port slots that turn into doubloons, so I wouldn't say its worthwhile including as you wont ever acquire them.

Well you get a lot of port slots and that has value to people who need port slots.

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,064 posts
8,834 battles

Last Thanksgiving I bought ports.  Just "port" this way.  I have gotten 3x that since and they are not even filled.  

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,286 battles

Your prices are in CAD. In USD, the bundle is $490, and the Doubloon value is right at around $1k

I roughly math'd out the other bundles too... Keep in mind I had to fudge some ship values since the wiki doesn't list them all:

USN: 64450 Doubloons/$219 Cost/$262 if you just bought the 25k Doubloon package for $100

IJN: 49450 Doubloons/$147 Cost/$200 DV

UTF: 79650 Doubloons/$255 Cost/$320 DV

USSR: 33850 Doubloons/$90 Cost/$136 DV

So if you're going for Doubloons, the only really great "deal" is the Armada, but you have to tie up $500 in the game to get it. If you plan on converting 6 million + free XP (at normal conversion rates), then it's a decent deal... But that's enough to take 6 lines to T10 and then some. 

And if you have 6 million EXP banked, you probably already have most of the ships you want. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

[-K-]
Members
5,049 posts
8,934 battles
15 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Your prices are in CAD. In USD, the bundle is $490, and the Doubloon value is right at around $1k

I roughly math'd out the other bundles too... Keep in mind I had to fudge some ship values since the wiki doesn't list them all:

USN: 64450 Doubloons/$219 Cost/$262 if you just bought the 25k Doubloon package for $100

IJN: 49450 Doubloons/$147 Cost/$200 DV

UTF: 79650 Doubloons/$255 Cost/$320 DV

USSR: 33850 Doubloons/$90 Cost/$136 DV

So if you're going for Doubloons, the only really great "deal" is the Armada, but you have to tie up $500 in the game to get it. If you plan on converting 6 million + free XP (at normal conversion rates), then it's a decent deal... But that's enough to take 6 lines to T10 and then some. 

And if you have 6 million EXP banked, you probably already have most of the ships you want. 

Good points here, Cit.

I'd much rather spend $$$ on discounted T10 permanent camos, myself.

By the way, where do they come up with the mix for United Task Force, anyway?  Looks like they just cobbled a bunch of different nation's ships together and slapped a weird name on it.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Supertester
1,880 posts
9,977 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Good morning everyone,

For those of you giving any consideration to purchasing the mega Armada bundle this year, do note that you get a heavy discount on the value of doubloons if you own any of the premium ships in the bundle.

I consulted the WoWS Wiki to get a doubloon value on all the ships (had to estimate value for about 1/3 of the ships since the Wiki doesn't list the doubloon price), and I'm estimating the total value of the Armada bundle to be somewhere in the ballpark of 250,000 doubloons.

If you were to purchase 250,000 doubloons in the Premium Shop at the largest quantity possible (25,000 for $126), it would end up costing $1260.  Now if you happen to own all the ships (as some do), you would get the value in those ships in doubloons for $617, which is slightly less than half price.  These prices are in Canadian on my portal, but even in USD, the same percentage discount will still apply.

Although many will scoff at the price, the bundle does present an immense doubloon discount for those who may be interested.

Indeed, I bought the bundle last year, simply for the doubloons as I had most of the ships and those I didn't own I didn't really desire.  With the port slots I got I haven't needed to buy another slot all year, and kept every ship of every new line launched, and still have spares.  Additionally I still have over 140k doubloons despite owning 14 T10 ships all with premium camo.

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,136 battles

Would be far better if they applied a flat discount across the board (say 30%) and put all premiums up for sale (except the already removed OP offenders).  They're more likely to make more money via volume of sales than a massive bundle for the price of a gaming console which must of us won't even consider spending money on.  They've tried this before.  Can't see them making that many sales.  I can't even fathom people seriously considering putting that much money down on this game, or any game, in one fell swoop.

EDIT:  Apparently some of you did.  Spare a dollah for a brotha?

Edited by Chuck_Wiggles

[OPG]
Supertester
1,880 posts
9,977 battles
2 minutes ago, Chuck_Wiggles said:

Would be far better if they applied a flat discount across the board (say 30%) and put all premiums up for sale (except the already removed OP offenders).  They're more likely to make more money via volume of sales than a massive bundle for the price of a gaming console which must of us won't even consider spending money on.  They've tried this before.  Can't see them making that many sales.  I can't even fathom people seriously considering putting that much money down on this game, or any game, in one fell swoop.

It is basic psychology.  Some people will spend a lot if it has a high value compared to multiple smaller expenditures (I am such a person).  Others look at the specific price and won't go over X amount no matter the value.  

Spoke with a fleet mate who is like that, he spent over $1k USD last year on the game, yet refuses to buy large bundles like the armada, is always buying premium time by the week cause "what if there is a weekend I can't play it is wasted".  I explained that buying the year premium time when it was on sale cost less than the something like 16 separate premium purchases he made over the year, and that he spent more on idnividual ships in a year than he would have on the bundle.  Not even counting the doubloons.  The response was predictable "I won't spend that much all at once, period".

So WG offers both, knowing that there are folks such as me that will drop this much at one time if it is cheaper in the long run, but otherwise would nickel and dime them the rest of the time.  Vice versa, some folks won't but this, but will pay an increased rate constantly.

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts
54 minutes ago, Chuck_Wiggles said:

The Christmas sale usually has more of the individual ships on sale. 

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,136 battles
6 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

It is basic psychology.  Some people will spend a lot if it has a high value compared to multiple smaller expenditures (I am such a person).  Others look at the specific price and won't go over X amount no matter the value.  

Spoke with a fleet mate who is like that, he spent over $1k USD last year on the game, yet refuses to buy large bundles like the armada, is always buying premium time by the week cause "what if there is a weekend I can't play it is wasted".  I explained that buying the year premium time when it was on sale cost less than the something like 16 separate premium purchases he made over the year, and that he spent more on idnividual ships in a year than he would have on the bundle.  Not even counting the doubloons.  The response was predictable "I won't spend that much all at once, period".

So WG offers both, knowing that there are folks such as me that will drop this much at one time if it is cheaper in the long run, but otherwise would nickel and dime them the rest of the time.  Vice versa, some folks won't but this, but will pay an increased rate constantly.

True enough.  I would say my mindset goes along the lines of your friend.  In that I pick and choose what to spend on.  Over the two years I've played this game, I don't think I've spent the amount of the largest bundle.  Yet I manage to enjoy the game.  Seeing how many premiums are sitting in my port, not played for weeks or months at a time, it dampens my desire to get others.  Unless they help with a particular line's captain training.  At the end of the day, to each his own.  Much better than from each according to his ability ;)

5 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

The Christmas sale usually has more of the individual ships on sale. 

Indeed.  Holding out for that one.  Maybe.