You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CorvusBB39

Changing payment options a wee bit

3 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Members
366 posts
6,095 battles

When I give WG money I choose the Amazon Payment method since I have a perma-login on Amazon anyway.  Everything works fine -- the money gets deducted from my checking account and the stuff shows up in the game -- but I would really like to use Amazon Smile.  When Smile is used, Amazon donates a (tiny) percentage to your favorite charity.  Except once or twice a year when I order something major though, WG's charges by far are the most I spend through Amazon (I'm so weak).  Now, when I forget to go to smile.amazon.com when I buy something the regular way, Amazon will ask, "Would you like to go to Smile instead?"  I say yes and a few cents goes into the charity's bucket.

Unfortunately, whatever route WG uses to contact Amazon doesn't trigger this reminder and once on the confirmation page, there isn't any way to force it to do so.  I've tried manually changing the url to smile.amazon.com/whatever-the-rest-of-the-url-is and it does not work.  Is there an easy way to invoke Smile, or could it be added to the payment options?  My favorite charity would thank you.

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

I tried to look up whether it is possible as I am myself not aware of it and I don't seem to find anything. I think they haven't integrated it yet.

If they actually haven't then it will be a good idea too. I guess you should suggest that to the developers.

If they have then I couldn't find how :p