You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hughjass07

Abruzzi Preview- Tier VII Premium Italian Light Cruiser - WiP

20 comments in this topic

[HJG]
Retired Community Contributors
52 posts
2,559 battles

Well howdy folks and welcome back to your home port!  Today I’m looking over a soon to be released Italian Light Cruiser, Abruzzi.This ship was provided by Wargaming NA to test and review so you guys can decide whether or not you want to spend any of your hard earned, real world currency on her.

• Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

At tier 7 this thing looks pretty undergunned. I played the Duca extensively, and you gotta work HARD to make those Italian 6" guns accumulate the damage numbers. The low fire chance is really hurting those things, and this ship is going to have the same problem - except it will be a lot worse since you'll be facing tier 9s.

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
390 posts
5,406 battles

Not only am I buying it because it’s italian, but also because it would be my first tier 7 premium ship.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,423 battles

Tempting but I already have Duca and Cesear. Plus those guns, underwhelming at tier 7. Hard to justify.

[SIM]
Members
2,438 posts
4,080 battles

She’s beautiful, but she’s going to be completely out of her league with tier VII MM. I’ll get her because RM, but she’s a port queen at best.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles
30 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

She’s beautiful, but she’s going to be completely out of her league with tier VII MM. I’ll get her because RM, but she’s a port queen at best.

He will sortie every day or the parmigiano reggiano will be replaced with parmesan. And your wife will be replaced with Rosina.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,678 posts
10,011 battles

Initially, my mindset was 'it's Shchors (which I think is decent) which trades some firepower for maneuverability, stealth and consumables - that can work'.

Abruzzi does have a 680m instead of 900m turning circle, stock concealment of 10.8km instead of 13.2km and hydro/def-aa in separate slots. That could give her a closer range niche, destroyer hunter.

Unfortunately it seems that giving up 2 barrels, and unless I'm mistaken getting a fire chance of 7% (vs. Shchors' 12%) is a bit much, and the shell arcs haven't been quite what I expected. The combination of low initial fire chance with IFHE is particularly brutal, going from 7% to 4% is far more of a proportional blow than from 12% to 9% (giving up 42% of your fires instead of 25%).

I could have looked at her compared to Cleveland where again she's down on firepower, but up on shell arcs at T6 and been happy too.

I hope she works out, because she's pretty and I'm tempted to sell Belfast for Doubloons to get something new.

Members
50 posts
3,310 battles

She is too pretty to pass up.  But I am hopeful they reduce the air drag and give her more legs, maybe a two knot speed increase.  I would settle for just one.  Not sure how much I will play this ship; pretty strong ships in tier 7-8.  Any guesses on her the date of her debut?

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,345 battles

I need more information about what and when on our Roman Navy when it arrives.  Yeah I want the Italian botes but if BBs come first, I'm going to focus that for my captain.  This doesn't sound like a buy especially when I know I'll buy Roma.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,195 posts
2,029 battles

At the risk of sounding like a broken record;

OVERTIERED.

But the chances she'll be dropped at tier are the same chance that I'd ace an exam on quantum physics, so the issue is how can she be improved.

As of now, the big issue is that you're forced to take IFHE to do alpha, but you kill an already weak fire chance. 1/4 pen would do a lot for this... 

[INTEL]
Members
8,437 posts
25,312 battles
1 hour ago, Phoenix_jz said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record;

OVERTIERED.

Yup. Yup. Yup. Yup.

Edited by Taichunger

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles

Roman navy ceased to be in 1453. 

———————-

Abruzzi is pretty much a lost cause. My concern has switched to Roma. Even then I'm prepared for it to be the Hipper of tier VIII battleships. 

Edited by SparvieroVV

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
390 posts
5,406 battles
29 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

Roman navy ceased to be in 1453. 

This is what I think every time I’ve seen this on this thread. I just didn’t know the date.