Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Win a free Alabama! (or equivalent doubloons)

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,508
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts

This is a pretty awesome offer from WG.  They are giving away THIRTY free USS Alabamas!  All you have to do is buy one of the packages to support USS Texas.  Which is a great cause anyway.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/texcellence/

This is definitely a great offer and a great way to pick up an Alabama on the cheap.  Simple math tells you your odds are not bad for this.  I highly recommend everyone contribute something to save the only remaining dreadnought.

 

Incidentally, after I bought the Lone Star camo for Texas, I tried it out.  The meta has really changed since the last time I played it.  It's actually a ton of fun to play again these days.  Between Texas and GC, it's starting to feel like Tier 5 is the new Tier 7.  Or at least close to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
19 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Between Texas and GC, it's starting to feel like Tier 5 is the new Tier 7.  Or at least close to it.

Not even remotely close, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
163 posts
12,401 battles

More fun than tier 8.... Texas won’t carry, I played her again after a long break as well. Didn’t win a single game but had a 3:1 KDR and managed between 60 and 100k on the games I lived the longest in. Even though it wasn’t a winning effort for me I do think she feels a lot better than when I played her before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,508
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts
20 minutes ago, Veksha said:

Not even remotely close, sorry.

My experience says otherwise.   I've been getting a lot more Tier 4/5 games.

 

On those occasions when I am uptiered into a Tier 7 game, I'm finding I can usually still come out as one of the top few players on my team.... and earn a boatload of credits and xp for my efforts.

 

The Tier 5 meta has changed a lot in the past year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
228
[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,285 battles

I bought the full package to help the USS Texas, prior to this post. If I don' win the Alabama I'm blaming you, @TheDreadnought, for getting my hopes up 

Edited by DeadMeat_015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,122 battles

buy a premium that gets crappy MM at T5 for a very low chance of winning a premium that gets even worse MM at T8? No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,508
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts
8 hours ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I bought the full package to help the USS Texas, prior to this post. If I don' win the Alabama I'm blaming you, @TheDreadnought, for getting my hopes up 

I'll try to find some way to live with myself.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
8 hours ago, Veksha said:

Not even remotely close, sorry.

Well, it is for 1 ship. :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,508
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts
4 hours ago, Ju87s said:

buy a premium that gets crappy MM at T5 for a very low chance of winning a premium that gets even worse MM at T8? No thanks.

 

Wow such defeatism.

 

Personally, in my Texas that gets "crappy MM" (which is a myth BTW) I have a 58% win rate after 60+ games.   That's 4% higher than my overall win rate of 54%.

 

If tier 5 MM and the Texas were as bad as people are claiming, shouldn't that win rate be LOWER than my overall rate?

 

Meanwhile I have just shy of 59% in my Alabama.   So you're wrong about that one too.

 

If you go through life just believing the garbage people tell you, and not even trying something when people tell you "it's hard", you're going to miss out a lot in life and not achieve much.

 

All that aside, the whole point is to save the last dreadnought.  It's a worthy cause.  The guys who sailed in her didn't complain about getting uptiered the whole war and they didn't quit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
451
[4HIM]
Members
1,722 posts
3,905 battles

So, since it was for a good cause, I bought the whole package even though I already owned the Texas.  Just don't remember when it was I bought it.  Is there a way I can view my purchase history to see when it was I bought it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,508
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts
7 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

So, since it was for a good cause, I bought the whole package even though I already owned the Texas.  Just don't remember when it was I bought it.  Is there a way I can view my purchase history to see when it was I bought it?

Pretty sure if you bought the package it qualifies as an entry.  I think they matched up the dates of the offer.  Good for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
451
[4HIM]
Members
1,722 posts
3,905 battles
4 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Pretty sure if you bought the package it qualifies as an entry.  I think they matched up the dates of the offer.  Good for you.

Yeah, I went back and looked.  She didn't go on sale (with this bundle) until November 1.  I bought it a few days later.  Mounted the flag, the new camo, then went into one battle and shot down 31 planes. 

But I'd love to get the 'Bama.  Used to live there.  And the 'Bama was one of if not the first BB's I ever got to visit.  Though a potato like me driving it would likely serve to lower its win rate.  Still love to have her in my port though. 

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,376
[-K-]
Members
5,111 posts
8,979 battles
10 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

My experience says otherwise.   I've been getting a lot more Tier 4/5 games.

 

On those occasions when I am uptiered into a Tier 7 game, I'm finding I can usually still come out as one of the top few players on my team.... and earn a boatload of credits and xp for my efforts.

 

The Tier 5 meta has changed a lot in the past year.

Yeah, it seems to have improved in the past couple months.  T5 doesn't always seem to be bottom tier now, which is nice.  

 

T8 seems to be the old T5....seems to regularly be bottom-tiered in T10 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,122 battles
15 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

 

Wow such defeatism.

 

Personally, in my Texas that gets "crappy MM" (which is a myth BTW) I have a 58% win rate after 60+ games.   That's 4% higher than my overall win rate of 54%.

 

If tier 5 MM and the Texas were as bad as people are claiming, shouldn't that win rate be LOWER than my overall rate?

 

Meanwhile I have just shy of 59% in my Alabama.   So you're wrong about that one too.

 

If you go through life just believing the garbage people tell you, and not even trying something when people tell you "it's hard", you're going to miss out a lot in life and not achieve much.

 

All that aside, the whole point is to save the last dreadnought.  It's a worthy cause.  The guys who sailed in her didn't complain about getting uptiered the whole war and they didn't quit.

I'm not going by "what people tell me." I play these tiers and I know by first hand experience. Tier 4 gets protected MM, so at tier 5 you're almost always bottom tier. Tier 8s constantly go against tier 10s. You having a 59% winrate in the Alabama doesn't make me wrong about that. Your argument is "I do well in these ships, therefore the MM isn't crappy." Sorry, but that's not a very sound argument. I have a 62% WR in the Tirpitz, but that doesn't mean I'm not grinding against Montanas and Yamatos 3/5 matches for it. And no, this isn't "defeatism." I don't go into a bottom tiered match expecting to lose. But I do go into tier 8 and tier 5 matches expecting to be bottom tiered. If WG wants to sell ships in T5 and T8, then they can fix their MM.

Edited by Ju87s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,508
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,827 posts
1 hour ago, Mare_Nostrum said:

The thanksgiving flag allows me to participate for the Alabama? (just the flag)

Pretty sure it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×