You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DerKrampus

Finally got my first solo warrior!

25 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,843 battles

Tough award to win. I don't know anyone who can "farm" it. Everyone usually "luck's" into it.

Congrats and +1!

[WOLF5]
Members
1,493 posts
2,046 battles

Nice. I scraped mine out on the NO by hiding for the last few minutes, finished middle of the team. Looks like you did a bit more than that! It's one of the hardest achievements for sure.

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles

Nice work!  I'm still waiting for one in ships.  I'll proudly hold on to the memory of my first one in tanks (in the M3 Lee) until that day comes...

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,105 battles

Congratz mate, well done!  I've got a few, but I think they were all in DDs.. never in a BB.  I think that makes it extra special for you.

:Smile_honoring:

B

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Congrats indeed!  I had to check - I have one total, in my Ark B. Should be a club or something for SW players ;-) 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

Congrats! Well played.

I'm still hunting for mine.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,042 posts
7,611 battles

Congratulations!  You look like you had a pretty epic win.  Unlike my lame one. :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,710 posts
11,324 battles

Congrats! Solo Warrior has been the most illusive medal for me (though I have seen an AFK manage to get it...)

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,022 battles
3 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Congrats! Solo Warrior has been the most illusive medal for me (though I have seen an AFK manage to get it...)

Jingles featured one such. 

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles

Noice, a decently epic battle too.  One of mine was literally just hiding while we capped out, not exactly epic, but what was needed >_>

• Cool 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
5 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Noice, a decently epic battle too.  One of mine was literally just hiding while we capped out, not exactly epic, but what was needed >_>

To be fair, I basically killed the Konig that was next to me, and then made for the map border.  Once there, I rode that line, and did so shamelessly.  Even if they took all three caps, there wasn't enough time left on the clock for them to overcome our points lead without killing me.  xD

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
7 hours ago, MCBURL said:

Congrats!

15 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Congrats!

16 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Congrats 

17 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

18 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Congratulations!  You look like you had a pretty epic win.  Unlike my lame one. :Smile_medal:

18 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Congrats and enjoy it.  Solo Warrior opportunities can come quite a bit, but actually pulling it off is the hard part.

18 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

I only have two, both really memorable. 

congrats!

18 hours ago, Panbun said:

Congrats! Well played.

I'm still hunting for mine.

18 hours ago, centarina said:

noice.  first one is always memorable.   heck every single ones are  :D

19 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Congrats indeed!  I had to check - I have one total, in my Ark B. Should be a club or something for SW players ;-) 

19 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Congratz mate, well done!  I've got a few, but I think they were all in DDs.. never in a BB.  I think that makes it extra special for you.

:Smile_honoring:

B

19 hours ago, delp5117 said:

Nice work!  I'm still waiting for one in ships.  I'll proudly hold on to the memory of my first one in tanks (in the M3 Lee) until that day comes...

19 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Nice. I scraped mine out on the NO by hiding for the last few minutes, finished middle of the team. Looks like you did a bit more than that! It's one of the hardest achievements for sure.

19 hours ago, Khafni said:

Tough award to win. I don't know anyone who can "farm" it. Everyone usually "luck's" into it.

Congrats and +1!

19 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

GJ that one is hard to get for sure.

Thanks, all!  :D

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Congratulations, that was a really nice game in the Giulio Cesare and the solo warrior complimented it further.I don't think I got one myself yet :p.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles

The flip side to this is the team losing to a Solo Warrior effort.  What should have been a shoe-in for victory turns into defeat.  You'd think when you got 4+ ships vs 1 enemy ship left, this is a sure win.  But sometimes people get reckless when they see it become an obvious win.  Any good decision making that helped lead to that point in the game goes out the window.  Risks they would not do earlier when the game was on the line, they go ahead and do it.

"I have to close range and get that one more gun salvo before someone gets him."

"I have to close range and let loose these torpedoes before someone gets him."

"We have 2/3 caps, a large points lead, and 2 minutes left, we have 4 vs 1 advantage.  We can wait this out for a guaranteed win as the red player is forced to come to us, but f--k it.  We should just rush him and kill him."

Rekt

Rekt

Rekt

Rekt

That's how you become a part of someone's highlight reel on YouTube.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,320 posts
11,434 battles

You will never forget your first one.

Mine was in the Fujin. 6 v 1, standard mode.

I capped them out while killing one trying to Yolo rush me...

4 kills.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
5 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

To be fair, I basically killed the Konig that was next to me, and then made for the map border.  Once there, I rode that line, and did so shamelessly.  Even if they took all three caps, there wasn't enough time left on the clock for them to overcome our points lead without killing me.  xD

Shhh, if you dont tell anyone you make up whatever epic story you want ;-)

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
18 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Shhh, if you dont tell anyone you make up whatever epic story you want ;-)

I already embellished a bit.  Looking back at the replay, it was a Kaiser and not a Konig.  XD

5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The flip side to this is the team losing to a Solo Warrior effort.  What should have been a shoe-in for victory turns into defeat.  You'd think when you got 4+ ships vs 1 enemy ship left, this is a sure win.  But sometimes people get reckless when they see it become an obvious win.  Any good decision making that helped lead to that point in the game goes out the window.  Risks they would not do earlier when the game was on the line, they go ahead and do it.

"I have to close range and get that one more gun salvo before someone gets him."

"I have to close range and let loose these torpedoes before someone gets him."

"We have 2/3 caps, a large points lead, and 2 minutes left, we have 4 vs 1 advantage.  We can wait this out for a guaranteed win as the red player is forced to come to us, but f--k it.  We should just rush him and kill him."

Rekt

Rekt

Rekt

Rekt

That's how you become a part of someone's highlight reel on YouTube.

I'd say that the big mistake was falling back and giving too much ground.  Additionally, their DDs all got into a feeding frenzy and chased after our carriers.  I turned back midgame to intercept (unsuccessfully) 3 DDs that were moving in to harass our carriers.  Killed the DDs, but not in time to save the CVs.  

My div mates headed the other way and did an excellent job of forcing two of the three remaining enemy BBs to the back line, and killed one of the enemy CVs before dying.  We held all three caps for a considerable amount of time, and killing off all three CV-hungry DDs left the enemy with no real way to re-cap the objectives in time to make a difference.  They were left with an AS bogue, a New York on the back line with the CVs, a Kongo coming up the middle reclaiming caps, and the Kaiser close to me that I finished off.  

Really, if my div mates hadn't done such an excellent job on the other side of the map, I wouldn't have been set up to win it.