Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
danojaye

Matchmaker Prefrences.

12 comments in this topic

[UDEAD]
Members
317 posts
15,261 battles

I understand WarGaming needs to roll as many games as they can to burn dubloons/flags/camos and generate revenue. *I get it!*

Ive spoken to many people in game and on team-speak and they are all ' ok ' with a +1/-1 MatchMaker and wouldnt mind the Que wait.

This is just.. stupid..

reallykidd.jpg

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles

At least you had flexibility thru USN DD gunpower and stealth. Those Bismarcks on the enemy team had no such luck. Do your best and if things go south, then try again next match....

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,613 battles

They don't hear. They probably don't even read what's posted in the forums. As for listening, I don't even think they care. You have to understand it's all about the almighty dollar, or whatever denomination that the player's spend on the game. As long as there are the few, and pockets are being filled, a change for what you are requesting isn't going to happen. Then, there are those that will say the queue times will increase, though there is no history to prove one way or the other. And then those that will bring back when the spread was even greater. You'll have players mention tanks, as if they attempting to compare and apple to an orange. And, they will say increased queue times will suck and won't fit into what they want. The spread we have now, is what it is.

You just have to accept it is what it is.

[UDEAD]
Members
317 posts
15,261 battles
16 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

I would have liked to see the results of that match...

Wasnt pretty at all.. It was a good effort.. but theres nothing you can do when your outmatched so badly on the bottom end. couldnt hold caps at all and everyone died trying to get them.

wtfkidd2.jpg

[UDEAD]
Members
317 posts
15,261 battles
22 minutes ago, LoneStormchaser said:

They don't hear. They probably don't even read what's posted in the forums. As for listening, I don't even think they care. You have to understand it's all about the almighty dollar, or whatever denomination that the player's spend on the game. As long as there are the few, and pockets are being filled, a change for what you are requesting isn't going to happen. Then, there are those that will say the queue times will increase, though there is no history to prove one way or the other. And then those that will bring back when the spread was even greater. You'll have players mention tanks, as if they attempting to compare and apple to an orange. And, they will say increased queue times will suck and won't fit into what they want. The spread we have now, is what it is.

You just have to accept it is what it is.

I believe the recent move to the Steam client was to try and grab more players as retention seems to be an issue. There used to be 12-13k players on everynight a year ago. Now? 11,000ish on a good night during prime-time. Names from the past are no longer around and people have moved on as they either grew out of the game or lost interest. Too many Gimmicks.

I see a lot of threads in regards to there being a lack of skill and too much fire-spam. Theres too many radars on one side in quite a few matches ( 5 to none, I have seen such! It was a very lopsided victory ).

Theres so many things that should be done with matchmaker to bring a more balanced game.

Im looking around at other Naval Warfare games right now. I hope I find something with good gameplay and decent matches/teaming. Any suggestions?

Edited by danojaye

Members
9,862 posts
1 hour ago, danojaye said:

I understand WarGaming needs to roll as many games as they can to burn dubloons/flags/camos and generate revenue. *I get it!*

Ive spoken to many people in game and on team-speak and they are all ' ok ' with a +1/-1 MatchMaker and wouldnt mind the Que wait.

This is just.. stupid..

reallykidd.jpg

ROFL, you don't like being the sacrificial goat????

WG will never change it because the tiny Unicorn population likes some goat pate with their cheese.

The problem is that many of the Unicorns are also whales, and WG depends on them for a significant portion of their income....:Smile_teethhappy:

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,264 posts
3,347 battles
18 minutes ago, awiggin said:

ROFL, you don't like being the sacrificial goat????

WG will never change it because the tiny Unicorn population likes some goat pate with their cheese.

The problem is that many of the Unicorns are also whales, and WG depends on them for a significant portion of their income....:Smile_teethhappy:

Wrong

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
1 hour ago, danojaye said:

This is just.. stupid..

reallykidd.jpg

The problem above isn't the +/-2 tier MM.  It that there's no effort to balance the number of tiers 8,9, and 10 ships on the teams (like is done in WoT's current MM) so that you don't find yourself facing a nearly solid wall of tier 10's when you're in a tier 8.

I oppose +/-1 tier MM and support the +/-2 tier MM, conceptually.  However, the above MM is rather grossly unfair to the 2 tier 8's per team because of the imbalance in the numbers of top, middle, and bottom tier ships.  If the teams consisted of 4 top tier, 4 mid tier, and 4 bottom tier ships, your situation wouldn't have been nearly so grim.  And in all honestly, I think that the above battle would have been much better if MM had just left out the 2 tier 8's on each team and ran a 10v10 battle with all tier 10's.

Members
19 posts
362 battles
56 minutes ago, danojaye said:

I believe the recent move to the Steam client was to try and grab more players as retention seems to be an issue. There used to be 12-13k players on everynight a year ago. Now? 11,000ish on a good night during prime-time. Names from the past are no longer around and people have moved on as they either grew out of the game or lost interest. Too many Gimmicks.

I see a lot of threads in regards to there being a lack of skill and too much fire-spam. Theres too many radars on one side in quite a few matches ( 5 to none, I have seen such! It was a very lopsided victory ).

Theres so many things that should be done with matchmaker to bring a more balanced game.

Im looking around at other Naval Warfare games right now. I hope I find something with good gameplay and decent matches/teaming. Any suggestions?

I'm not surprised that they are losing players. WoT NA is in steady decline for similar reasons.

I've finally hit tier 5 and I'm ready to leave out of shear boredom. I see the do the stupid 2 tier split and you wind up on the bottom most of the time. Hard to learn for to play a tier 5 CA when damn near everything out ranges or out spots you. I know, it is supposed to help teach you "finer points of the game." I'm not sure how being force into passive gameplay is a "finer point." Wondering around in the back hoping a distracted ship comes in range is about ready to put me to sleep. At least in WoT you can use some cover or higher tiers as meat shields. lol

Sign in to follow this