You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zyu

STILL can't get 2000 flooding!! ;¹(

28 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

Paltry fire %(I know 9% isn't terrible just whining) or rng trolling me - trying to lite-up to force a rep, then torp. Nope. (Plenty of fires at ranges exceeding torps or randomly though)

Burning fella uses repair while my torps inbound? CV drops torps on the guy so mine outright kill...(This has happened a few times)

Match after match of 2x CV per keeping me nearly perma-spotted and torps clearly visible from the moon, to the blind and even the most 1/2 baked, sail broadside all day, potato.

This match made me sad as it had elements of all three.

shot-17_11.21_17_32.35-0052.thumb.jpg.e8982b40574f100240ed679047453912.jpg

*Edit: Special shout out to the V-170. Smart player and a pleasure to synergize with. We had a field day in BBville*

Spoiler

shot-17_11.21_17_32.46-0475.thumb.jpg.f98ce2fc2dbfa6fec0b3c78f031a9736.jpg

shot-17_11.21_17_32.50-0065.thumb.jpg.7f4b39533b64929871ff8e74c673d880.jpg

shot-17_11.21_17_32.54-0310.thumb.jpg.0fdadccb4ec42053cd618d30eeee7cd4.jpg

Edited by Zyu

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

*Wins battle*

Not enough flooding

*Loses battle*

Enough flooding

Basically what I'm going through right now.

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

Don't be afraid to ram! Ramming causes flooding too! 

Hmm.... Ok so plan:cap_hmm:... ¿Suicide torp rush(preferably a burning ship to know they've repaired), wide spread to not outright kill, fires go out - time cooldown of course! - then ram-a-rooskie?

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

*Wins battle*

Not enough flooding

*Loses battle*

Enough flooding

Basically what I'm going through right now.

Forgot the "Win" stipulation. Always forget something and have a :Smile_facepalm:moment afterwards. I've just had a tough time even getting the 2k. But yea - I expect that to be the case when I hit 2k.

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,007 battles

Yeah I feel ya. Same thing. Sigh. 

If it was T4, it'd would be trivial. But no. T5+

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
1 minute ago, Zyu said:

Hmm.... Ok so plan:cap_hmm:... ¿Suicide torp rush(preferably a burning ship to know they've repaired), wide spread to not outright kill, fires go out - time cooldown of course! - then ram-a-rooskie?

Kinda, send one group of torps....save the second group, If the first group hits and floods and he repairs then suicide either your second group may get him or the ram

Usually one wave blows and your second wave scores a hit, by alternating your torp salvos its much easier to get floodings as you don't have to wait so long for both sets of torps to be ready again.

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,131 battles

I got mine by shooting torps an AFK battleship =) Only one time i'm happy for AFK...

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,035 battles

Amazing how when you are trying for something, how difficult it can sometimes be... good luck sir

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

Maybe if we all just try to play normally and forget about the mission we'll magically complete it.

Members
1,230 posts
20,572 battles

I t is really frustrating and took me many battles to get it done.

You just have to get lucky, really.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts

It happened to me as well... make the numbers, lose the match. Win the match, short on the numbers. I read advice elsewhere on the forum - it goes like this... 

Find a loner... almost always someone jetting out by themselves. Keep one in the rack. Always remind yourself to keep a set of torps loaded. Fire your torps, saving a rack. Watch when they hit, for flooding banners. If he floods and repairs... countdown the time the heal runs down then launch your reserve torps. Soon enough the first rack will be ready and you can fire again. 

Doing it this way, during morning battles, I finally managed it. 

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

Four tries in the Gearing:

two battles with more than 20k torpedo damage, both wins.  More than 1900 but less than 2000 flooding damage.

two battles with 100k+ damage, including plenty of torpedo and flooding damage, both losses.

Got it first try in the Fletcher, just barely.  Charged a Montana and hit with four torps before he and the rest of the red fleet killed me.  Definitely would not have tried that if not for the mission.

Flooding is very situational.  You have to hit somebody that doesn't have damage control party available AND has enough HP that you're not going to instantly kill them.  Some games you can get 40k flooding with a single torpedo, but not very often.

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles

Yuugumo, T9, equip TRB.

Then proceed to dump torps into a bow on Iowa. Use TRB and repeat the process. You only need one torp to hit each time, on the bow, to cause a flooding.

Iowa's are notorious for falling victim to flooding from TRB torps when they're locked bow on to the enemy.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
0 posts

You can do it with a bit of luck.  I did it in my Fubuki of all ships. 

I am amazed you didn't get it in that match, 10 torp hits, 8 floods and you won....wow.  Guess the enemy said "denied" and saved all their repairs just for you!?!

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles
5 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

You can do it with a bit of luck.  I did it in my Fubuki of all ships. 

I am amazed you didn't get it in that match, 10 torp hits, 8 floods and you won....wow.  Guess the enemy said "denied" and saved all their repairs just for you!?!

Worst of all - I would've had 7 kills with more time. Had BOTH enemy CVs(last ships on enemy team) within 5.4 and 6.7 km respectively. I checked just as torps were about to hit one and I was going to turn and fire on other - points hit 1k and we won :(. The closer of 2 CVs had just put fires out as well!

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

**Edit** I just checked the "Challenge" because I saw "2" were still available. I then looked at score more closely: 3,134 Torpedo damage shy of the mission. HAHAHAHA :Smile_playing:

Well.. I got it and IN SPADES! (not the best performance but...)Thanks to my team for winning after I died in the first few minutes. Though, I think my actions facilitated the proverbial "stirring of the hornet's nest".

Trident map, Zone mode - I spotted BBs in the wings heading center blob and figured the DDs would charge center. I placed myself 2/3 of the map deep and flanked. Upon smoke being spotted the entirety of the enemy team just went all spazzy. Watch collisions, turnabouts and lots and lots of broadsides presented to the majority of my fleet in the "I hope I'm not the one that Gremy torped" manner.

I sent random torps at a BB blob. 2 hits aaaand.... bingo!

shot-17_11.21_22_10.03-0664.thumb.jpg.7169f2907c38e34589cbcba542bfe5b7.jpgshot-17_11.21_22_10.06-0992.thumb.jpg.03fdf2543fffc8686e1ec4d0d50ab0f3.jpg

Edited by Zyu