Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyperFish

Is anyone else a bit underwhelmed by the pan-asian destroyers?

52 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

209
[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
599 posts
5,041 battles

I was excited when they released the German lines, Bismark and Tirpitz are icons. I was excited when they released the UK lines, and I'm still looking forward to the UK CV line. I was happy when they released the French cruisers, even though I wasn't interested in playing them. I'm looking forward to more Commonwealth ships, and HMAS Vampire is high on my list of wants.

But I can't get motivated by the pan-asian line. There's no iconic ships. The line is geographically located closer to Australia, but there's no Australian ships. As a line they just don't mean anything to me.

I almost feel like this is a line that should have been introduced as a gimmick after the other existing lines had been fleshed out more. Am I missing something?

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,458 battles

I'm guessing you don't have a LoYang. Wait till they drop b4 declaring that they belong in the dollar store.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
[NUWES]
Members
1,641 posts
5,494 battles
6 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

I was excited when they released the German lines, Bismark and Tirpitz are icons. I was excited when they released the UK lines, and I'm still looking forward to the UK CV line. I was happy when they released the French cruisers, even though I wasn't interested in playing them. I'm looking forward to more Commonwealth ships, and HMAS Vampire is high on my list of wants.

But I can't get motivated by the pan-asian line. There's no iconic ships. The line is geographically located closer to Australia, but there's no Australian ships. As a line they just don't mean anything to me.

I almost feel like this is a line that should have been introduced as a gimmick after the other existing lines had been fleshed out more. Am I missing something?

 

That's fine. To each his own. At least they existed though. Multiple lines are there for variety. The fictional Russian ships don't do anything for me personally (despite my screen name). 

Edited by Tzarevitch
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
599 posts
5,041 battles
1 minute ago, Alien_Observer said:

I'm guessing you don't have a LoYang. Wait till they drop b4 declaring that they belong in the dollar store.

Sorry, you misunderstood me.

I'm sure there are good boats in there, and some will probably be borderline OP until they're tweaked into balance. It's just that I can't find myself looking forward to them. There's nothing there that I'm engaged with. All the other lines have iconic ships scattered through them, like Bismarck, Hipper, Nagato, Yamato, Queen Elizabeth and King George V. I don't own them all, but I'm happy they're there. The new line doesn't have anything... well...punchy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
755
[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

They certainly seem to be a grab bag of playstyles, but allow me to demonstrate my policy on mindsets:

 

Pessimist: Meh! My captain skills will be a mess! I'm going to hate the political swamp they come with! DWTs are going to be awful!

 

Optimist: Hey! I get to play a ton of playstyles! I get a unique smoke, the option for radar, and cool new torps!

 

If you just go in with the right attitude, the line will be fun. Worked for me with German DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
599 posts
5,041 battles
5 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

That's fine. To each his own. At least they existed though. Multiple lines are there for variety. The fictional Russian ships don't do anything for me personally (despite my screen name). 

I was grinding the Russian DD line up until it split during the last ranked season, I don't mind the occasional paper ship to fill a gap in a complete line, but when the majority of the line is paper it loses some credibility. Perhaps there should be a Pan-Europe line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Always excited for new content. No sure of how hey will play out....seems like a get out of jail free card for opposing dd's as they know incoming torps wont hit them while smoked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[SIDE]
Members
718 posts
3,156 battles
21 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

I’m just glad it isn’t another dumb line of BBs again

The french BB line is next after this one. <3

 

Also, the only DD worth it is the tier 7, TRIBAL CLASSSSSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,490
[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

I have Anshan and Lo Yang. I like both.

First looks at the new line: meh.

We'll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487
[-1]
Beta Testers
1,805 posts
18,763 battles
7 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

I was grinding the Russian DD line up until it split during the last ranked season, I don't mind the occasional paper ship to fill a gap in a complete line, but when the majority of the line is paper it loses some credibility. Perhaps there should be a Pan-Europe line.

What we NEED is a Pan South American that's for sure ! ! !

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,943
[SYN]
Members
14,379 posts
10,248 battles

Why are you trying to lump in Australia with Pan-Asia?

Australia is Commonwealth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,636
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,339 battles
16 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

Sorry, you misunderstood me.

I'm sure there are good boats in there, and some will probably be borderline OP until they're tweaked into balance. It's just that I can't find myself looking forward to them. There's nothing there that I'm engaged with. All the other lines have iconic ships scattered through them, like Bismarck, Hipper, Nagato, Yamato, Queen Elizabeth and King George V. I don't own them all, but I'm happy they're there. The new line doesn't have anything... well...punchy.

then if you are that disinterested why such a big post and time wasted posting about something you have NO interest in???

Seems kind of pointless.....no??

 

Spoiler

 

having both the Premiums I look forward, as I always do, to NEW SHIPS TO PLAY and have fun with,,,, interest has little to do with new ships... if I don't like them, I simply don't play them....

Edited by pmgaudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,558
[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Also, the only DD worth it is the tier 7, TRIBAL CLASSSSSS

N class. Not a tribal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[SIDE]
Members
718 posts
3,156 battles
Just now, Lert said:

N class. Not a tribal.

Bummer. My mistake. =( I got a little TOO excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
235
[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Also have Anshan and Loyang - in the good side - already have two high point captains- on the flip side I also feel a bit meh for the line - think I will wait for awhile, play against them a bit before I grind the line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

N class. Not a tribal.

It's a step in the right direction for the Tribal class and HMCS Haida. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
599 posts
5,041 battles
Just now, pmgaudio said:

then if you are that disinterested why such a big post and time wasted posting about something you have NO interest in???

Seems kind of pointless.....no??

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

No.

The question was whether anyone else feels this way, or am I missing something.

The release of any new line is good for the game. Variety is good. Deep water torps bring something new, like AP DBs or the UK BB HE.

I'm saying that to me the Pan-Asian line doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and seems to be out of place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,636
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,339 battles
Just now, HyperFish said:

No.

The question was whether anyone else feels this way, or am I missing something.

The release of any new line is good for the game. Variety is good. Deep water torps bring something new, like AP DBs or the UK BB HE.

I'm saying that to me the Pan-Asian line doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and seems to be out of place.

well some nations have little in terms of ships of interest, I agree... but still they are kind of exciting to play so far... we shall see...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
25 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

Sorry, you misunderstood me.

I'm sure there are good boats in there, and some will probably be borderline OP until they're tweaked into balance. It's just that I can't find myself looking forward to them. There's nothing there that I'm engaged with. All the other lines have iconic ships scattered through them, like Bismarck, Hipper, Nagato, Yamato, Queen Elizabeth and King George V. I don't own them all, but I'm happy they're there. The new line doesn't have anything... well...punchy.

Ignore him, the Lo Yang is behind 4 tech tree ships as far as WR. I love the Lo Yang, but it is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,228
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,215 posts
3,871 battles

They're being released purely to appeal to Chinese players. That's why, despite most of the ships being ROC or Korean, they're all flying the PROC flag.

 

Only like 2 of the ships in the line are even new. All the rest are recolors of existing ships.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
3 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

They're being released purely to appeal to Chinese players. That's why, despite most of the ships being ROC or Korean, they're all flying the PROC flag.

 

Only like 2 of the ships in the line are even new. All the rest are recolors of existing ships.

Can't argue with that strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,228
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,215 posts
3,871 battles
2 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Can't argue with that strategy.

Well, no. I wasn't arguing with it. I was just stating the fact of the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,344
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,528 posts
6,683 battles
25 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

What we NEED is a Pan South American that's for sure ! ! !

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×