You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
delp5117

Buy it Now?

16 comments in this topic

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

After a year of grinding a bunch of lines, I have finally unlocked my first Tier 10! :Smile_smile:

If I like Hindy half as much as I like Roon, I'm sure it will be a really fun ship.  The question is, should I buy it now or wait for some kind of tech tree sale over the holidays (I only have 36MM credits right now)??  I also have the same issue with the Tier IX Saint-Louis...

Hindy_Unlock.JPG

Members
2,078 posts

If you can't wait go for it. If you are low on credits and need them... You can wait. It takes about 30 million credits to buy/deck out a T10 cruiser.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,716 posts
9,496 battles

Wait till the end of year sale, lots of sale coming starting from Black Friday, every players assuming so

And also xmas bundles expectation ... so just wait (each t10 going to cost you 19-20 mils, then all the modules upgrade could go over 36 mils).

But research the ship so that the t9 get the Elite !!!

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,716 posts
9,496 battles
4 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

You mean I have to be patient

well, HIV cost 19.3 mils alone, with all the proper modules upgrades + capt/capt skills at the minimum to deck her out to even play her over 30 mils .... I don't have enough, so she is resting in port. I only take her out 1 in 2 days to play, and this is like 1 game. With good game, I am still in the -ve, this already camo/signals/clan port benefit ... and she is only 1/5th spec out

So patient patient patient patient

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

True.  I have a few spare modules laying around I can use that will help defray the cost, but I think I'll start cranking out some games in Tirpitz, Missouri, and Atago to grind credits for the sale (yes, I am a WW and proud).

Wondering if the Santa crates are going to be ridiculous again this year, too!  Honey, let me explain why there are 10 separate Wargaming charges for $5 on the credit card...

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Congrats!

Thanks!  Not the line I would have guessed that would be the first to tier X.  Had too much fun in Roon!

Members
8,076 posts
17,037 battles
3 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Thanks!  Not the line I would have guessed that would be the first to tier X.  Had too much fun in Roon!

Sounds like you were a lot more careful/methodical in working your way up than I was. GOOD.

Well do I know the regrets of not doing so myself...

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

It is an awesome ship....  come on, ya know ya want to.  That fire-breathing ship is just waiting for you , don't let some credit concerns keep you back... holiday time in a couple of days, playing opportunities, sexy new tier 10 cruiser to run out there..

Edited by Panzer1113

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Funny thing... I just got the Roon, have the Donskoi and both Tier 9's are good enuff in those lines for me. Congrats on the Hindy

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles
38 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Funny thing... I just got the Roon, have the Donskoi and both Tier 9's are good enuff in those lines for me. Congrats on the Hindy

Donskoi is my happy place.

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles

Oh buy it FFS you know you want to. She's a perfect choice for a tier X virgin this high tier courtesan--just tell her what you want, so accommodating, more chrome than a hot 50s car in a Vegas car lot, a Swiss army knife of a cruiser, Jack of all trades, I'm mixing metaphors.

Do what a Scorpio would do... throw everything over the side for passion, even the damn deck chairs.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Donskoi is my happy place.

She's a great big ship of fun... I watched (gasp) a Flamu video on her... keep those tactics in mind when playing. She's purdy darn nice.

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

Dear Hindy,

I am so happy to have unlocked you today!  While I may be poor in credits, I am rich in so many other ways - like having all kinds of fancy smoke and hydro modules that I got out of my recent Supercontainers (sorry they won't fit on you, though).  I will bring you home to my port as soon as I have the silver to put forth what a real Tier X is worth and to outfit you with only the best modules - useless Magazine Mod 1's will never be good enough for you!  I promise that I will dress you up in pretty signals and adorn you with my beautiful "Clash of the Elements Participant" commemorative flag, too, which no other ship in my port has had the honor of wearing.  I can't wait for us to set the world on fire, together.

Until that time comes when my bank account is as full as Richard Marx's 80's hairdo (or I get impatient or you happen to go on sale during Black Friday or the holidays), I'll be right here waiting for you...

"Oceans apart, day after day, and I slowly go insane.  I hear your voice, on the line, but it doesn't stop the pain.  I see you next to never, how can we say forever?  Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you (Hindy)..."

Members
3,647 posts
13,511 battles
9 hours ago, delp5117 said:

You mean I have to be patient!?!?  Guess you are right...

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. And Hindy is worth having! :cap_like: