You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

So the Colorado will get some buffs

40 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,088 posts
18,615 battles

Sea Group leaked some changes for the upcomming patch.

Colorado Hitpoint on B Hull increased from 50100 to 59300, and no change to her Repair Party. Her main gun accuracy is adjusted to 1.9σ from 1.8σ (Hull A) and 2.0σ(Hull B), respectively.

Since I got already 2 warnings for linking sea-group stuff just google for that org

[NDA]
Supertester
4,769 posts
13,557 battles

This information was released on the WoWs Dev Blog over on Facebook this morning. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
24 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

It's sigma is nerfed from 2.0 to 1.9.  

Honestly, I'm not sure that will even be noticable. The HP buff definitely will, and it's long needed.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

Honestly, I'm not sure that will even be noticable. The HP buff definitely will, and it's long needed.

I agree.  I wish they would just give her the West Virginia 1944 refit and be done with it.  But this is a good start.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
43 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Sea Group leaked some changes for the upcomming patch.

Colorado Hitpoint on B Hull increased from 50100 to 59300, and no change to her Repair Party. Her main gun accuracy is adjusted to 1.9σ from 1.8σ (Hull A) and 2.0σ(Hull B), respectively.

Since I got already 2 warnings for linking sea-group stuff just google for that org

Well it was officially announced on the dev blog, so post it from the dev blog

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
5 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

I wish they would just give her the West Virginia 1944 refit and be done with it.

Maybe if this HP buff doesn't get her in line, though I doubt they'll ever give the tech tree Colorado the WV refit. Probably introduce that at some point as premium.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
18,662 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Maybe if this HP buff doesn't get her in line, though I doubt they'll ever give the tech tree Colorado the WV refit. Probably introduce that at some point as premium.

That would be nice

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles
2 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

That would be nice

Seconded.

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles
32 minutes ago, Lert said:

They'd need to rework CVs completely before putting that many 5”/38s on a tier 7 BB. There is just too much difference in AA DPS and in aircraft survivability from one tier to he next, and that level of AA on a ship that sees tier 5 would be murder. 

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts
5,679 battles
1 minute ago, inktomi19d said:

They'd need to rework CVs completely before putting that many 5”/38s on a tier 7 BB. There is just too much difference in AA DPS and in aircraft survivability from one tier to he next, and that level of AA on a ship that sees tier 5 would be murder. 

*COUGH*LYON*COUGH*GNEISENAU*COUGH*

A lot of the issue stems from the immense mid range AA damage. If WG really needs to remove some of the quad Bofors or replace them with twins, they can. Wymoning (Arkansas in reality), New York and New Mexico also all have fantasy AA fitouts as well (for questionable reasons at this point in time). Arizona also has her planned AA and radar refit, not what she sank with in 1941.

Members
2,865 posts
1,365 battles
48 minutes ago, Lert said:

They probably havent done that yet, because they know as soon as they do, the Colorado will never again be played. 

[HRDP]
Members
2,683 posts
8,104 battles
9 minutes ago, inktomi19d said:

T5 CV's have protected MM, they don't ever see anything higher than a T6. The lowest Tier CV's that see T7 ships is the T6 CV's.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
11 minutes ago, ryuukei8569 said:

T5 CV's have protected MM, they don't ever see anything higher than a T6. The lowest Tier CV's that see T7 ships is the T6 CV's.

This is wrong. Tier 5 CVs can see tier 7 ships. They can also meet tier 7 CVs as well. Had a match in my Bogue with a friendly tier 7 CV as well and the red team had a tier 5 CV and a Saipan. Tier 5 CVs do not have protected mm. I see tier 7 ships quite frequently while in my Bogue. So no clue where you’re getting this from.

@Doomlock has the picture proof.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Members
2,748 posts
6,227 battles

Tell you what. This ship with a good captain, upgrades and the right signals is tough to beat. Just my opinion though.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,074 battles
24 minutes ago, inktomi19d said:

Too late, go look at the tier 7 german BB, then consider the fact all those guns the gneis has makes her AA better than what the USN 5 inchers. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
14 minutes ago, ryuukei8569 said:

ajM8CyJ.png

You can see in this image, that a T7 Ranger (allied), and a Saipan (enemy) are in this match. This was played a few months ago, but it still is correct as no MM changes have happened.

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
27 minutes ago, inktomi19d said:

Lyon and Gneisenau currently takes huge steaming dumps on the Colorado's AA. In fact, the Gneisenau's AA can easily be competitive even at tier 8.

• Cool 1

[HRDP]
Members
2,683 posts
8,104 battles
18 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

This is wrong. Tier 5 CVs can see tier 7 ships. They can also meet tier 7 CVs as well. Had a match in my Bogue with a friendly tier 7 CV as well and the red team had a tier 5 CV and a Saipan. Tier 5 CVs do not have protected mm. I see tier 7 ships quite frequently while in my Bogue. So no clue where you’re getting this from.

@Doomlock has the picture proof.

10 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

ajM8CyJ.png

You can see in this image, that a T7 Ranger (allied), and a Saipan (enemy) are in this match. This was played a few months ago, but it still is correct as no MM changes have happened.

As long as the T5 Cv is not in a division, it will never see T7's.

nAMUQ0V.png

Here is the official matchmaking chart. However divisioning, even with other T5's, will cause a Cv's matchmaking to become the same as a non CV's, MM. Its the same as if you have people divisioning from different tiers. Matchmaking always looks at the highest tier available for a division, never the lowest. But, undivisoned T5 Cv's will not see T7's.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Supertester
5,137 posts
8,913 battles
32 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Tell you what. This ship with a good captain, upgrades and the right signals is tough to beat. Just my opinion though.

That's true of any ship. Good players can make terrible ships work... doesn't mean the ship itself isn't terrible. 

Members
2,865 posts
1,365 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Its a SOLID troll ship, the AI do that all the time with it.  Get one in T6 and it will wreck all your T6 BBs.

[YORHA]
Members
3,241 posts

So if people want to find out for themselves log into the PTS tomorrow.  The Colorado is there with it's new 53,900 hit point total and, I assume, sigma.

Members
2,748 posts
6,227 battles

I'd take the Colorado into any tier 7 battle. Period, She's slow but hits with accuracy like a sledge hammer and takes punishment.