You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Better than better bands?

11 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles

I've been listening to this band a lot lately. They may not be the best band in the world but they are usually better than better bands, if you know what I mean.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,216 battles

If one avoids commercial country/pop/rap/rock radio stations, there is an amazing amount of  good 'real' music out there.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles

Written and composed by the singer. Yet people still flock to see the likes of Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,266 battles

I dont like Miley Cyrus. Her, and many like her, their careers are marketing campaigns. It aint about the music. But she does have a good voice/ This is a pretty awesome cover of Dolly Parton

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles
5 hours ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I don't like Miley Cyrus. Her, and many like her, their careers are marketing campaigns. It ain't about the music. But she does have a good voice/ This is a pretty awesome cover of Dolly Parton

If she had gone from Hannah Montana to that and continued in the same vein she might have been another Linda Ronstadt, a talented singer of others' music. Unfortunately, either she or someone else wrongly decided that she would be more marketable if she spent her young adult years being a <bleep>.

• Cool 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

I listen to so many different things, there's no rhyme or reason. If it sounds good, I'll listen.

Brad Paisley, Bo Burnham, Ninja Sex Party if you like silly.

Florida Georgia Line for something catchy.

But I love a bit of Dan le sac and Scoobius Pip too.

At the moment, I'm currently listening to broadway musicals of all things. As a kid I was vocally trained so I still love a good sing along while I work. Little bit of Book of Mormon, Dear Evan Hansen and Avenue Q.