You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TonyChic

Wrong account....

17 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
441 battles

I hard a hard drive issue that required me to re-install the game.  When I did, I must have entered the wrong username/PW because I am at the brand new player entry level.  However, I see no way to log out and get to my original account.  

How do I get to my original account?

[YORHA]
Members
3,268 posts

Stop the game, start it again and when you get to the log in screen re-enter the correct username and password (write over what is there).

Easy as pie.

JCC

[WOLF5]
Members
1,499 posts
2,069 battles

Close game. Restart game. On log in screen, enter the correct email and password. You're good to go.

Also, you can double-check which account you're in by looking at the name in the upper left corner. If it's not yours, that's the problem.

[WOLF4]
Members
171 posts
2,741 battles

You can also select "disconnect from server" from the Menu icon in top left corner. It returns you to login screen. Don't have to close/restart the client/game necessarily.

• Cool 2

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,238 battles

If worst comes, just contact CS.

Members
1,000 posts
5,746 battles

There is also the possibility you selected the wrong server when you reinstalled the game. You account is good only for the server you originally signed up on. You can sign up with the same name and password on another server, but it will result in a new account good only for that server.

So, upon sign-in, also check the server it signs into. It should be displayed in the login window.

If it says EU, SEA, or RU, that's what happened. I think the server identifier comes with a drop-down list that will allow you to pick the NA server, but I'm not certain.

Members
7 posts
441 battles

Thanks for the responses all.  However, none of the things you suggest are possible.  In my game, when I click on the account name in the upper left there is no option to disconnect from server ( I would not of needed to post if there were).  Also, when I start the game, it automatically logs into the aforementioned wrong account.  No log in screen.  Thus, my asking you guys what I can do because there doesn't seem to be a way to log out at all in any screen, from any menu, or from a restart.

I will try the server region, however I don't see a way to do that either.  I would be shocked if I was on any other server besides the US.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

In port hit escape or the grey gear icon in the top left next to your name (it's left of it). That way you can disconnect from the server. Unless you've never adjusted your settings I can't understand how you'd miss it.

Also how do you not have a log in screen? Even if one does check the box to remember your account's info you still need to click log in or hit enter to load up the port.

Members
7 posts
441 battles

Thanks for the additional attempts to help, however........

The only options that I have when I hit "menu" are: "Help", "Settings", "Exit Game", and "Back to Game"  and view tutorials.  (see pic attached) So, again, this is why I'm asking here.

Also, when I start the application, there is no login screen.  However, there is a small time where the game is on a "synchronizing" screen, then directly to the port. (See pic attached)

There is no way to go to a "log out" or "log onto another server" option anywhere in game, or during loading.

WOW menu.PNG

Sync.PNG

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,403 battles

Steam Version use different accounts than the non steam versions.

So if you played  the non steam version, there is background things to change to run it through steam, or download it the old way.

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,403 battles
4 minutes ago, TonyChic said:

This is the same fix.  Thank you all.  

See ya on the High Seas!!!

Be sure to favorite that link.

Its possible you have to do it each time they patch the game.