You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ackackbetty

Why this game will never be as good as it should

103 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
28 posts
5,580 battles

As long as this community remains toxic in battles, this game will never reach the potential that it should. Example: Guy doesn't like my response to his question, which was a simple one word answer, so what does he do? He shoots me, from his Iron Duke, against my Konigsberg. So typical these days. As long as wargaming condones it, I'll spend my money elsewhere. 

Anyone want my gold and premium ships?

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts

Quit whining.  

All he did was cost himself the reward flags for good behavior.   Meanwhile you just move onto the next battle.

• Cool 13

[HINON]
Supertester
18,977 posts
12,488 battles

Find an online f2p game with thousands of players without aholes, and I'll sell you a statue, cheap, on a small island off the coast of NYC.

• Cool 19

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles

I'm going to have to agree with TheDreadnought here.  It seems a bit petty to complain about someone who raged especially if it could have been a single turret shooting.  

I don't condone any team killing or intentional damaging, but sometimes you have to let it slide.

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

The vast, vast, vast majority of games run fine - can't remember I saw my last intentional TK on either team.  Fact is - people are people and you will never get a large online community with no toxicity - just will not EVER happen.  It is the nature of people for thousands of years.

I will take any gold or ships you want to give away...

Edited by CylonRed

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,145 battles

Don't play solo.  You'll pay far less attention to the in-game chat and get better results overall when you play with friends/people you know/get along with. 

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
12 minutes ago, ackackbetty said:

As long as this community remains toxic in battles, this game will never reach the potential that it should. Example: Guy doesn't like my response to his question, which was a simple one word answer, so what does he do? He shoots me, from his Iron Duke, against my Konigsberg. So typical these days. As long as wargaming condones it, I'll spend my money elsewhere. 

Just don't engage, man. Outside of a clan, team play in this game is tenuous at best. You can ignore the vast majority of chat and still do just fine. 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

That kind of stuff is extremely rare in my experience. I hate toxicity. I wouldn't even play WoWs if there were a lot of it here.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,499 posts
2,069 battles
14 minutes ago, ackackbetty said:

But they don't condone it. TKing and team damage is not allowed, and if you do it enough, there are increasing penalties up to and including account suspension.

Also, I'd like to see a game that doesn't have a-holes.

Heck, we even have a language censor here on the forums, WG may do many things, condoning toxicity is not one of them.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
8 minutes ago, ackackbetty said:

3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Find an online f2p game with thousands of players without aholes, and I'll sell you a statue, cheap, on a small island off the coast of NYC.

I agree there is times that this game is very toxic, but as Lert said this F2P and you will have that.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,233 posts
8,804 battles
21 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Just don't engage, man. Outside of a clan, team play in this game is tenuous at best. You can ignore the vast majority of chat and still do just fine. 

This, outside of CW this is what the game play is like most of the time.

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

But when you do get a great team it is this.

n0gny.jpg

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

Lol! You’re never going to find a single f2p game that doesn’t have those types of people in it. Or any online game for that matter. You may as well just stop games altogether then.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,165 battles
34 minutes ago, ackackbetty said:

This guy obviously a watched Nosters rant about human nature and how he thinks that variety is killing this game. Or in other words he is doing this.

e925175451caf23a6f7f3be5d207c6c83eb9cebd

Members
2,275 posts
7,376 battles

Every online game has its own idiots and trolls. If there are people involved there will always be idiots. Just report him for bad behavior and ask for the team to report him too and move to the next game.

I cant remeber when i saw the last intentional TK. 

Members
17,842 posts
5,092 battles
36 minutes ago, ackackbetty said:

Example: Guy doesn't like my response to his question, which was a simple one word answer.... ....So typical these days.  

If that's typical for you, maybe you might want to use a different word....

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

You wouldn't have lasted an hour, let alone 1 day playing L4D or L4D2 back in the day. It was voted(repeatedly) the most toxic game on Steam for a while - even in the reviews section it was uber ugly.

As far as WoWS goes: This is one of the least toxic (f2p or otherwise) games I have ever seen. The forum and community is outstanding for the most part. Alas.. There's plenty to be upset about at times. I get mad at myself for poor decisions made in game and review what I did post match. Allies do incredibly dumb things all the time and I figure "Hey, maybe it was their turn to be stupid like I was last match.".

Anyway I can say I don't see an awful lot of toxicity. I've known some folks who flip out and chat war during AND after match. I certainly don't want a game affecting me in that manner - and if it does affect you to such an extreme degree then - GAMES(online and off) - not just World of Warships - may be a bad mix for you.

There's nothing to get super upset about nor is there anything anyone can do OR say in this portal that should affect you so deeply. If it's the grind - I get it as I'm allergic to onerous grinds myself. If it's a buyers remorse - check. If it's a sense of "Time waste" - tracking! Wasting my own time + people doing dumb things further wasting everyone's time = sour taste. But to get bent due to people getting on your case - Escalation to the point of harsh words is most always a two way street. <- Not saying you did anything in the example you cited but this stuff can happen and it's bloody exhausting.

Arbitrarily shooting an ally.. Curious what he asked you to do/not do.

In regards to your Doubloons and ships - I'm not above taking a handout:Smile-_tongue:. I don't want to see anyone quit, but if they are well it certainly shouldn't go to waste.

Seriously - Take a break, stick it out, join a clan and fight with a group. Always better to have at least 1-2 folks who you can directly communicate with and rely upon. You ever want to Div up gimme a holler in-game. I'm on too often and I play the same tiers as you.

Edited by Zyu
  • Cool 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

Because so many different people have different expectaions of what they believe to be good and WG can't possibly satisfy them all.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,968 posts
8,109 battles
35 minutes ago, ackackbetty said:

In-game rage is tolerated a bit. Beyond the first angry words, it depends if justified.

I got TK'd by a Shimakaze in Izumo weeks ago, for example, because after several asks, he still refused to do his job of spotting, so I blasted him, he TK'd me, then I kept calling out this bad player's location on minimap until he got picked off.

In that case, my anger was justified because the role of a destroyer is spotting enemy ships and any incoming torpedoes. He refused to do his job despite multiple asking and never bothered to say what his plan was, so he deserved every report he got that match.

Now if I were merely blasting teammates all match for no justifiable reason, yes, they could certainly report me, and possibly had my account suspended for a while.

Plus, it's extremely rare to see anything "toxic" in-game. Half the matches my team hardly talks at all, and truly toxic players don't last long because, as already noted, WG will ban anyone that is toxic too long.

So really OP, chillax. One incident is not enough reason to think about leaving the game. Toxicity is nothing to be hypersensitive to--Aslain's mod has an option for removing chat so you can't see it--and thick skin is part of any F2P game; always a random person that will complain. It's not worth spoiling your own fun by being unable to ignore toxic chat. You also can hold down the tab key (see team rosters) and right-click the offending player's name and click "mute" and voilà, you'll never see his chat again.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,478 battles
5 minutes ago, Reymu said:

I got TK'd by a Shimakaze in Izumo weeks ago, for example, because after several asks, he still refused to do his job of spotting, so I blasted him, he TK'd me, then I kept calling out this bad player's location on minimap until he got picked off.

So really OP, chillax.

Flips out and shoots a teammate, then after getting TK'd in retaliation calls out teammates location to other team.

Tells OP to chill. 

Seems legit.

• Cool 6

[SPUDS]
Members
147 posts
6,890 battles
Just now, kerensky914 said:

Flips out and shoots a teammate, then after getting TK'd in retaliation calls out teammates location to other team.

Tells OP to chill. 

Seems legit.

I think he meant blasted as in yelled at him, not physically firing and tking the dd

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,478 battles
4 minutes ago, JohnnyDebt said:

I think he meant blasted as in yelled at him, not physically firing and tking the dd

Perhaps so (a classic case of mean what you say and say what you mean)

Even if so, giving location information to the other team is always unacceptable and can get you banned, regardless of 'justification'.  I'd remove that from the post.

And Reymu, we've all done stuff we wish we hadn't.  Or perhaps you meant this some other way.  If you edit your post above, I'll edit mine as well.  Just message me on it.

Edited by kerensky914
  • Cool 1