You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

This Thanksgiving, Be Excellent to Each Other

25 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,419 posts
4,715 battles

Yes, that is definitely a Bill and Ted reference.

I am serious though.  For those of us in the USA, this upcoming week represents a very important holiday (for most) in which we spend time with friends and family and reflect on the ways in how we are fortunate.

With that being said, it is my hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday.  I hope you stay safe and do indeed reflect on the positive aspects of the past year.  Not only that, may that extend to World of Warships.  Even if you can’t find anything positive about the game, as I know there are some out there who always seem unable to do so, there is always the aspect that you can even play.  There are many individuals who would probably kill to even have a computer or an internet connection. 

And yes, for one day, be excellent to each other.  Try to remove the word “potato” from your vocabulary for just one day, and instead of taking the low road, take the high road. 

For my part, I am indeed truly thankful.  I am thankful for the individuals in this game I have come across, and my interactions with them.  As a CC, it has never been about views, or follows or the things many others are concerned with.  It’s about being a positive influence in the community. 

I hope this Thanksgiving week you all may find things to be thankful for.  Not only in this game, but in your lives.

Take care, stay safe.

• Cool 18

[SYN]
Members
14,344 posts
10,204 battles

here! here!

but I want mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes with my turkey. Will you pass me the potatoes? :etc_hide_turtle:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
4 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I hope this Thanksgiving week you all may find things to be thankful for.  Not only in this game, but in your lives.

Take care, stay safe.

Some great thoughts there Zoup, right back at you, I really hope that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be safe.

Also on a personal note - for the 1st time in 14yrs, I am off for the whole Thanksgiving Weekend - still on call, but off.

• Cool 2

[WG-CC]
1,419 posts
4,715 battles
9 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Some great thoughts there Zoup, right back at you, I really hope that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be safe.

Also on a personal note - for the 1st time in 14yrs, I am off for the whole Thanksgiving Weekend - still on call, but off.

That must make it all the more special!  Enjoy!

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

An excellent reminder Zoup. Thank you!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

That must make it all the more special!  Enjoy!

Oh I will:Smile_honoring:, I am going ship hunting:Smile_izmena: LOL, with four days I will be doing a lot of WoWs, well much as the wife lets me:Smile_hiding:

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

200.gif.e7a5d6b8e931747dbb2a779ef758190e.gif

Wonderful sentiment 'Zoup. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone :cap_like:

p.s. I always try to sail with a smile no matter the day :Smile_honoring:.

Edited by Zyu

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,570 battles

"Whoooooaaaaa....."

Definitely seconded everything Zoup said. All too often, we don't know how good we have it until we don't. So think twice on things and don't take the things like good health, good food, quiet times, or especially good friends for granted.

Hope everyone has a joyful and safe Thanksgiving who celebrate it, wherever in the world you are.

Edited by Jakob_Knight

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,174 posts
2,029 battles

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,963 battles

And a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in-game!   Thanks Zoup!

But.... I have to say "POTATOES".   Otherwise, mom won't pass 'em down the table!    Mashed, with lots of gravy.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,173 posts
10,405 battles

Zoup is right, lets use this to be thankful for everyone in our lives, from family and friends to the people we find on the high seas of the game.  Let's try for more sportsmanship and less salt all!

So Happy Thanksgiving a bit early, and pass the Turkey, Dressing, Potatoes and Cranberry sauce.  And don't for get the Gravy!!!!  Then find a comfy couch for a food coma!

Edited by gcangel82

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
32 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

G/L to you Chaos.  I haven't had a Thanksgiving where I haven't been called back in to work in over 12 years lol.  This year I'm actually burning a vacation day for it so I can sit and enjoy it with the small amount of family I have left without having to leave half way through for something that could have waited.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

I haven't had a Thanksgiving where I haven't been called back in to work in over 12 years lol

God I know that feeling, believe me I will be wondering/waiting on phone calls. 

[TDG]
Members
1,126 posts
5,640 battles

Lucky for me, I took on-call last week.  That got me (with a vacation day) this week off entirely.

Of course, we travel for this holiday, so I will miss several days at the helm.

Take care of each other, stay safe, and fair winds!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,769 battles
58 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I hope this Thanksgiving week you all may find things to be thankful for.

In the words of the late Ms Patton Oswald (recently deceased wife of actor/comedian Patton Oswald):

"Everything out there is chaos; be kind to each other." What beautiful words.

A safe and happy Thanksgiving to everyone; everywhere. God bless You.

[42]
Members
6,615 posts
25,193 battles

Well said Zoup.

As for the potatoes mentioned in a response, we have loads of potatoes already. No need for more.

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Yes, that is definitely a Bill and Ted reference.

Talk about lasting impressions. When John Wick found his dog dead, I was totally expecting him to say "this is SO bogus", or possiibly "non-non-heinous" lol

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
1,419 posts
4,715 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Talk about lasting impressions. When John Wick found his dog dead, I was totally expecting him to say "this is SO bogus", or possiibly "non-non-heinous" lol

Yeah...  same thing happened first time I saw the Matrix.  Or even Speed for that matter.

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
1 minute ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Yeah...  same thing happened first time I saw the Matrix.  Or even Speed for that matter.

And one of my favorite actors too...

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles

Will do.

However, being kind to potatoes not living up to their full potential remains difficult. *sigh* Laughing at them is a learned behavior.

[WG-CC]
1,419 posts
4,715 battles

Hmmmm. I should have known not saying Potato would be hard to avoid on Thanksgiving.

[TBOW]
Members
1,173 posts
10,405 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

Will do.

However, being kind to potatoes not living up to their full potential remains difficult. *sigh* Laughing at them is a learned behavior.

Just mash'em gently...