Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lodestaar

The pan-asia flag is really ridiculous.

12 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
4,118 battles

First of all, I am not good at English. pls understand even if you cant understand me clearly

Wargaming decided to unify the flags of pan asia

It was a really ludicrous decision. every country has its own logo. each flag represents their identity

Even the images of the flags that they use are quite strange, and they remind me of China's flag

1.png.4d9727b2215a1904bbbd002d34bd332e.png

(WoWs pan asia flag)

2.jpg.3773438fed38c5187174996afb1496ec.jpg

(Qing Dynast flag)

Qing DynastIt's 17th century China

3.jpg.3cbb0b680565c4d6fdc855e4fa27ea04.jpg

Do you understand now?

Red + Dragon means china. wargaming's pan asia flag is clearly the Chinese flag. Even intuitively, all asian knows that flag is a Chinese flag.

The wargaming dishonour the rest of the country's naval honor except for China

The rest of the country's are completely ignored

They say the reason for unifying the flag is to reduce fighting. but that's a clear excuse. they try hard not to upset chinese.

Yes. the wargaming is cowards indeed

Other asia countries, except Japan, are not war criminals and have the right to expose their respective flags

Lastly, all countries in Asia simply don't want to be regarded as China

Thank you for reading

-------

I respect everyone's opinion.

But i think if they should use one unified flag, it should not be similar to the Chinese flag

Because it looks so similar to the Chinese national flag for asian's view

Edited by Lodestaar
  • Cool 12

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

You do realize that the none of the ships fly that flag right? If it's a Korean ship she will hoist a Korean flag, if shes Chinese, She flies the PRC flag ect, ect. The flag your are looking at is just the place holder since WG has placed in multiple nations under one tree, thus it would be unpractical to use all their flags. 

Also does it really matter if they based it off a Chinese dragon? I think it looks cool~ 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles

Edited by Kuckoo

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

http://steamcommunity.com/app/552990/discussions/0/3183345000083057521/

Official statement regarding the Taiwanese flag controversy on steam:

"Commanders,

We have been watching the discussion regarding our stance on the political geography of ASIA and considered your concerns. Thus, the recent information on our web sites has been corrected. As for reply to a customer’s support ticket, the penalties have been imposed for this violation. As a company we do not have a political stance, affiliation or agenda – our mission is to create great games. We sincerely apologize and will take steps to make sure our messaging remains apolitical in the future.

World of Warships and other games in our portfolio are about vehicles, their technologies and engineering, based in certain historical periods – not about the struggles of the nations who built them. In portraying our ships we draw on information from various sources, from blueprints to news articles and photographs – often from different places and periods. We want to depict them as close to their historical, real-life state as we can, in order to create a better sense of immersion and a stunning visual experience for our players. Whenever possible, this includes the flags and pennants they sailed under during the period the ship represents in the game. Time and again, this brings us into conflict with a part of our audience who raise concerns about these flags or the ships themselves in many different contexts. Our goal has always been to bring warships, naval combat and naval engineering closer to as many enthusiasts around the world as possible. We want to address these current concerns around the national affiliation of Pan-Asian nation branches as best we can for the majority of our audience, just as we have done with similar issues in the past. 

Therefore, we will replace the flags on all Pan-Asian ships with the neutral Pan-Asian nation flag upon the release of the upcoming destroyer line. We hope this will remove the controversy and allow players to focus on the ships, their characteristics and gameplay.

However, to allow our regional communities the ability to customize their World of Warships experience, we will also introduce a feature that will give players the option to replace the default flag on their ship with a different one, chosen from a preset number of different variants. You will be able to change the flag for each ship in your port separately and this choice will be reflected on each instance of that ship you see in the game. Each player will always see only the flags they have chosen for each ship, regardless of whether they are on the players’ own ship, an allied or an enemy ship. We are starting the development of this feature immediately and believe we can deliver it to you early in 2018.

We sincerely apologize for any distress or inconvenience this situation has caused to our players. We hope that you will find the solution satisfactory and can continue enjoying our massive naval battles with no other emotion than pure fun. We would also like to thank our community for raising the issue and helping to improve our game. Together we can make World of Warships even more epic!"

It does sound like from the official statement that you can change the flags to the respective nation's flags without mods, or at least you will be shortly after Pan-Asian DD release.

*EDIT*

Though after thinking about it a bit, it doesn't sound like it will be the flags of actual nations. :Smile_sad:

Edited by warpath_33
  • Cool 1

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, Minah_Bang said:

WG still has not gotten this one right...

x0fgcpN.gif

Kek Yeah, well you can download a mod that enables it. 

• Cool 2

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
2 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Kek Yeah, well you can download a mod that enables it. 

Which reminds me... I'm sure mods for correct national flags for Pan-Asian DDs will be out almost as soon as they're released.

Edited by warpath_33

Members
8 posts
4,118 battles

I respect everyone's opinion.

But i think if they should use one unified flag, it should not be similar to the Chinese flag

Because it looks so similar to the Chinese national flag for asian's view

Edited by Lodestaar
  • Cool 1

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Spoiler

5 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/552990/discussions/0/3183345000083057521/

Official statement regarding the Taiwanese flag controversy on steam:

"Commanders,

We have been watching the discussion regarding our stance on the political geography of ASIA and considered your concerns. Thus, the recent information on our web sites has been corrected. As for reply to a customer’s support ticket, the penalties have been imposed for this violation. As a company we do not have a political stance, affiliation or agenda – our mission is to create great games. We sincerely apologize and will take steps to make sure our messaging remains apolitical in the future.

World of Warships and other games in our portfolio are about vehicles, their technologies and engineering, based in certain historical periods – not about the struggles of the nations who built them. In portraying our ships we draw on information from various sources, from blueprints to news articles and photographs – often from different places and periods. We want to depict them as close to their historical, real-life state as we can, in order to create a better sense of immersion and a stunning visual experience for our players. Whenever possible, this includes the flags and pennants they sailed under during the period the ship represents in the game. Time and again, this brings us into conflict with a part of our audience who raise concerns about these flags or the ships themselves in many different contexts. Our goal has always been to bring warships, naval combat and naval engineering closer to as many enthusiasts around the world as possible. We want to address these current concerns around the national affiliation of Pan-Asian nation branches as best we can for the majority of our audience, just as we have done with similar issues in the past. 

Therefore, we will replace the flags on all Pan-Asian ships with the neutral Pan-Asian nation flag upon the release of the upcoming destroyer line. We hope this will remove the controversy and allow players to focus on the ships, their characteristics and gameplay.

However, to allow our regional communities the ability to customize their World of Warships experience, we will also introduce a feature that will give players the option to replace the default flag on their ship with a different one, chosen from a preset number of different variants. You will be able to change the flag for each ship in your port separately and this choice will be reflected on each instance of that ship you see in the game. Each player will always see only the flags they have chosen for each ship, regardless of whether they are on the players’ own ship, an allied or an enemy ship. We are starting the development of this feature immediately and believe we can deliver it to you early in 2018.

We sincerely apologize for any distress or inconvenience this situation has caused to our players. We hope that you will find the solution satisfactory and can continue enjoying our massive naval battles with no other emotion than pure fun. We would also like to thank our community for raising the issue and helping to improve our game. Together we can make World of Warships even more epic!"

It does sound like from the official statement that you can change the flags to the respective nation's flags without mods, or at least you will be shortly after Pan-Asian DD release.

*EDIT*

Though after thinking about it a bit, it doesn't sound like it will be the flags of actual nations. :Smile_sad:

Oh yeah.... hmm I guess my mod already had all of Pan-Asia in them.... Opps 

Also I find this entire flag thing ridiculous, its a virtual game with fake ships and we are getting triggered over real life politics. Most of the time you don't even see them! I care about a ships looks more then where shes from. 

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker
  • Cool 1

Members
0 posts

My point being...I should not need a "mod" to have the CORRECT FLAGS on my ships!

God I want to beat the stuffing out of a Carebear right now!   Yes, the one you buy at Toys R Us.

[WGA]
Developers, Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,089 posts
3,717 battles

While in-game discussion of in game items is always allowed, the core ideal of this thread is built on a political discussion that won't be had here at this time. 
Locking this thread.

• Cool 1