Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

21 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles

Political tension and situation aside these are some nice photos of the USN, JMSDF and ROKN. 

All photos taken from CNN.

171114120447-3-carriers-9-b-1s-exlarge-1

USS Theodore Roosevelt and a JMSDF Helicopter Destroyer (Most likely Ise

171113094935-3-carrier-2-exlarge-169.jpg

USS Nimitz, Theodore Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan together for the first time in a decade.

171113095015-3-carrier-4-exlarge-169.jpg

USN and ROKN ships sailing in formation with F/A-18E Super hornets flying ahead.

171113095214-3-carrier-5-exlarge-169.jpg

171113095301-3-carrier-6-exlarge-169.jpg

A couple more photos of the Super Hornet from the Ronald Reagan and Theodore Roosevelt respectively.

171113095337-3-carrier-7-exlarge-169.jpg

JMSDF Ise alongside the USS Nimitz.

Spoiler

171113095422-3-carrier-8-destroyers-exla

The photo in the spoiler above is two JMSDF destroyers in sailing with two USN destroyers but due to JMSDF Flag I was not sure if it was allowed. Will be deleted if it is.

I know this might be futile but try to leave politics out of the thread.

• Cool 3

[WOLFB]
Members
2,585 posts
4,956 battles

Thanks for the pictures. I do not see why the flag shouldn’t be allowed. It’s common use for the JDF

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
1 minute ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Thanks for the pictures. I do not see why the flag shouldn’t be allowed. It’s common use for the JDF

Symbol isn't exactly the most popular in history.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles

This military show of force has a political component. Personally, with this force concentration, I would make use of it.

A well planned surgical strike on specific military targets and some leadership compounds in North Korea is long overdue.

There is, technically, a state of war still existing between North Korea & the UN (although it is an armistice, atm).

North Korea already has some atomic bombs. Are we going to wait for it to miniaturize these and to complete their missile technology?

A 'Stalinist' regime that is a virtual police/slave state still being allowed to exist? This says something horrendous about many leaders, past & present.

Eggs are broken to make an omelette. Time to make that omelette. (I'm Cdn, btw, appeasement didn't work in 1938 & it still doesn't) (Canada was in Korea in '52, too, btw)

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
2 minutes ago, aethervox said:

(I'm Cdn, btw, appeasement didn't work in 1938 & it still doesn't) (Canada was in Korea in '52, too, btw)

Yah I know Haida fought during that war.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles

OP, I saw your admonition about 'politics'. I am not being 'political', I am being 'miitaristic' in the sense this is the only logical solution here.

[PVE]
Members
1,225 posts
4,737 battles

Symbol be as it may to some I say they should fly it proudly. We are now friends and partners. The past presents only lessons not to be repeated and learn from. IMO It's time for Japan to field a blue water Navy once again. 

Edited by Jim_Byrnes

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yah I know Haida fought during that war.

Cdn troops too. Years ago I had a job in high school where I worked for a Vet who delivered groceries to people's homes. He was a WW2 & Kor War vet. He was a motorcycle dispatch rider in Korea, a position that had a high mortality rate. He told me once they drove thru a town and saw an enemy soldier wrapped around a post by the side of the road. The piano wire the enemy had placed across the road had gotten him instead of the target. Another time, three dispatch motorcycle riders, of which, he was the second or third, were going thru a town and he saw the head of the motorcyclist ahead of him going flying past him. He (his name was Jack) lowered his head & gunned his engine & got thru. The troops eventually fastened a razor sharp vertical bar on the handlebars to counter these piano wire ambushes. In war, all is possible. Jack was quite the character, me being about 16 at the time, lol.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,712 posts
9,419 battles

2 bombers in the 1st photo are the long range bombers which can carry guided missile/nuke/bunker buster   ?

which is the upgrade of B52 in WW2 ????

If so, those bombers are nasty one to look out for

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles

Another 'Jack' story, this time from WW2 in France. A Jeepload of Cdns were driving thru a village when they espied a whole roast pig hanging in a Butcher shop window. Being the resourceful kind, they got the pig and then got hold of some wine (no doubt as much as they could). These guys then went out into a quiet section of the frontline to some bushes and proceeded to have a 2-3 day picnic. To explain their absence, they roughed up their uniforms, shot a few holes in the Jeep & reported to their Commander that they had gotten 'pinned down' by the enemy.

[TF16B]
Members
8,059 posts
16,992 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

The photo in the spoiler above is two JMSDF destroyers in sailing with two USN destroyers

#3 in line appear to be a Ticonderoga type (Aegis cruiser.)

1280px-Spruance_and_Ticonderoga_lead_shi

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,836 battles
2 hours ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Symbol isn't exactly the most popular in history.

And yet so many Americans are seen wearing swastikas...

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
11 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

And yet so many Americans are seen wearing swastikas...

That my friend is a whole different issue and story.

Members
0 posts

It sucks that I can not have a historically accurate flag on my Japanese ships!  They are my favorite ships, yea I am bias being part Japanese.

x0fgcpN.gif

STOP suppressing my ancestry to make the Carebears feel safe.

Zd5mhif.jpg

This is getting to be completely stupid, like what is going on with the Pan Asian flags (screams!) 

And here comes my warning from the MODS......pfffft

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,316 posts

I can see this thread getting out of hand rather quickly...
Shall I start getting the popcorn ready?

Members
0 posts
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I can see this thread getting out of hand rather quickly...
Shall I start getting the popcorn ready?

This tastes so much better then popcorn but yea, get the extra large popcorn going.

3ty8pgW.gif

Members
321 posts
2,900 battles
8 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

2 bombers in the 1st photo are the long range bombers which can carry guided missile/nuke/bunker buster   ?

which is the upgrade of B52 in WW2 ????

If so, those bombers are nasty one to look out for

The aircraft in the foreground of the first picture are B-1 'Lancer' heavy bombers. They no longer are nuclear capable, in compliance with various arms limitation treaties.

The B-52 is the aircraft that carries cruise missiles, nukes, and regular bombs.

You are confusing the B-52 Stratofortress (a '50s era heavy bomber) with the WW2 era B-29 Superfortress, which was introduced later in the war and carried a larger payload than the US's two primary heavy bombers, the B-17 and the B-24. The B-29 was the aircraft that dropped the atomic bombs in that war.

Both the B-52 and the B-29 were produced by the same company.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles

Multinational exercises are interesting because you get to see a mix of stuff you typically don't have on an everyday basis.

An example is this old clip where French Rafale naval fighters were operating off a USN Carrier.

French Naval aircraft can operate off USN CVs beause they operate off CVs just like us.  No ramps, or anything like that, catapults like the USN.  Here's one with USN Hornets operating off of Charles de Gaulle.

I've seen Rafale's on the ground during one deployment,  When you look at them from the front, they look like some starfighter.  This picture wasn't taken by me of course, and it wasn't from that occasion.

rafale_-_riat_2013_9435456345.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 20/11/2017 at 8:40 PM, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Political tension and situation aside these are some nice photos of the USN, JMSDF and ROKN. 

All photos taken from CNN.

171114120447-3-carriers-9-b-1s-exlarge-1

USS Theodore Roosevelt and a JMSDF Helicopter Destroyer (Most likely Ise

171113094935-3-carrier-2-exlarge-169.jpg

USS Nimitz, Theodore Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan together for the first time in a decade.

171113095015-3-carrier-4-exlarge-169.jpg

USN and ROKN ships sailing in formation with F/A-18E Super hornets flying ahead.

171113095214-3-carrier-5-exlarge-169.jpg

171113095301-3-carrier-6-exlarge-169.jpg

A couple more photos of the Super Hornet from the Ronald Reagan and Theodore Roosevelt respectively.

171113095337-3-carrier-7-exlarge-169.jpg

JMSDF Ise alongside the USS Nimitz.

Reveal hidden contents

171113095422-3-carrier-8-destroyers-exla

The photo in the spoiler above is two JMSDF destroyers in sailing with two USN destroyers but due to JMSDF Flag I was not sure if it was allowed. Will be deleted if it is.

I know this might be futile but try to leave politics out of the thread.

Wow! That looks incredible! Thanks for sharing!

On 21/11/2017 at 1:20 AM, Minah_Bang said:

It sucks that I can not have a historically accurate flag on my Japanese ships!  They are my favorite ships, yea I am bias being part Japanese.

x0fgcpN.gif

STOP suppressing my ancestry to make the Carebears feel safe.

Zd5mhif.jpg

And nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from @Minah_Bang. I like the flag of Japan here and the beautiful image you have shared too. We do really appreciate your feedback on subjects like this, never be afraid to bring your thoughts to us :) we are listening!

Sign in to follow this