Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

WG, you need help promoting this game better.

12 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles

First off, not sure where to post this, if this is in the wrong section I ask you WG to move it to the proper one, and that does not mean the 'Locked Thread' section, lol.

WG...just want to toss a couple of things at you...maybe it will sink in, maybe (most) likely not.

From what I see the average high attendance of players at any given time is right around 12k, now this is suppose to be the NA server, I'm guessing that you are aware that in what is considered 'NA' there are roughly 561 million + people. Based on the number of 561 mil and the average high attendance of 12k players, that means you are only reaching 0.02113565391071243 of the potential player base.  If my calculations are correct and those numbers are true, face it, that is pathetic!

Obviously, the wisdom being employed and used at WG is not working when it comes to promoting this game and reaching the full potential of the player base. As a business person, I have to wonder why and I have to wonder where the failure is and wonder why it is being allowed to fail.

So...here is a suggestion, rather than concentrating so much of getting current players to be community contributors and testers and all the other labels they hold, why not go to the player base and ask for volunteers to sit on an advisory council and bounce some ideas around related to promoting this game and helping you out.  I'm sure there are quite a lot of people that play this game that have business back grounds and PR/Advertising back grounds.

So I ask you, why not tap into those resources?  Set the ego aside if that is where the road block is and put it out there to the player base, ask for help. Do not do it in a nonchalant way, be serious about it.  Work with the resources of the current player base to help promote this game and to make it grow, right now as I see it, it has stagnated and even perhaps on a down hill slide. Those of us that enjoy this game would very much like to see it grow, the constant 'updates' to the content of the game really do nothing for the growth, make those updates really count by reaching a true amount of players beyond 12k.

Sincerely,

An invested player in the game that enjoys it and would like to see it grow to its full potential.

• Cool 1

Members
9,868 posts
28 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

First off, not sure where to post this, if this is in the wrong section I ask you WG to move it to the proper one, and that does not mean the 'Locked Thread' section, lol.

WG...just want to toss a couple of things at you...maybe it will sink in, maybe (most) likely not.

From what I see the average high attendance of players at any given time is right around 12k, now this is suppose to be the NA server, I'm guessing that you are aware that in what is considered 'NA' there are roughly 561 million + people. Based on the number of 561 mil and the average high attendance of 12k players, that means you are only reaching 0.02113565391071243 of the potential player base.  If my calculations are correct and those numbers are true, face it, that is pathetic!

Obviously, the wisdom being employed and used at WG is not working when it comes to promoting this game and reaching the full potential of the player base. As a business person, I have to wonder why and I have to wonder where the failure is and wonder why it is being allowed to fail.

So...here is a suggestion, rather than concentrating so much of getting current players to be community contributors and testers and all the other labels they hold, why not go to the player base and ask for volunteers to sit on an advisory council and bounce some ideas around related to promoting this game and helping you out.  I'm sure there are quite a lot of people that play this game that have business back grounds and PR/Advertising back grounds.

So I ask you, why not tap into those resources?  Set the ego aside if that is where the road block is and put it out there to the player base, ask for help. Do not do it in a nonchalant way, be serious about it.  Work with the resources of the current player base to help promote this game and to make it grow, right now as I see it, it has stagnated and even perhaps on a down hill slide. Those of us that enjoy this game would very much like to see it grow, the constant 'updates' to the content of the game really do nothing for the growth, make those updates really count by reaching a true amount of players beyond 12k.

Sincerely,

An invested player in the game that enjoys it and would like to see it grow to its full potential.

Because we're stupid and our opinions are bad? WG has pretty much said that in the past...:Smile_teethhappy:

Now onto the reality check.

Assuming even a tiny percentage of the US population plays games online is kind of silly, and assuming that even that tiny percentage would be interested in a niche game like this seems even sillier.

And the facts are, the basic issues with the game are still the same...if not worse. We have gotten a jump in numbers from Clan battles and Steam, but the people that are coming in....look like this.

People with a few hundred games, all in premiums, begging to join a clan....

6gZl14G.png

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,238 battles

...... only .02113565391071243? ...... not .02113565391071244? 

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,805 posts
18,763 battles

Last night (Sunday) I've noticed for the first time ever 15,500 players that's the first time ever it was that high, I have a feeling Steam had something to do with it ?

Members
1,780 posts
5,642 battles

And you think they need your help and this is from 1 1/2 years ago before Wow came online.

"Bloomberg reports today that Victor Kislyi, founder and CEO of Cyprus-based World of Tanks developer Wargaming, has a net worth of $1 billion.Feb 25, 2016"

It's more than double that right now

Members
90 posts
1,843 battles
1 hour ago, Judge_Doom said:

Sincerely,

You're doing it wrong...

Step 1:  Update your resume, and add Masters in Marketing to it

Step 2:  Send resume to Wargaming.net

Step 3:  Repeat Step 2, and add justification as to why you are the only one who can solve the problem

Step 4:  Make sure you are immaculate for your interview and well prepared

Step 5:  In 6 months, when you are the Chief Marketing Officer for Wargaming.net in the US, come back here and +1 this post

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,034 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Assuming even a tiny percentage of the US population plays games online is kind of silly,

Actually, according to the Entertainment Software Association, in 2016, over 60% of U.S. households had at least one member that playes games.

Edited by Horama

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

Because we're stupid and our opinions are bad? WG has pretty much said that in the past...:Smile_teethhappy:

Now onto the reality check.

Assuming even a tiny percentage of the US population plays games online is kind of silly, and assuming that even that tiny percentage would be interested in a niche game like this seems even sillier.

And the facts are, the basic issues with the game are still the same...if not worse. We have gotten a jump in numbers from Clan battles and Steam, but the people that are coming in....look like this.

People with a few hundred games, all in premiums, begging to join a clan....

6gZl14G.png

If it is WG's choice to assume that the entire player base is stupid and has nothing worthwhile to add for them to improve, then so be it, it is on them.  All I did was to make a suggestion, of course I figure they would and will reject it. No great expectations on this end.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles
2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

And you think they need your help and this is from 1 1/2 years ago before Wow came online.

"Bloomberg reports today that Victor Kislyi, founder and CEO of Cyprus-based World of Tanks developer Wargaming, has a net worth of $1 billion.Feb 25, 2016"

It's more than double that right now

This was not help in the form of just my help, if you had read the entire post you would have seen that it was saying help from the player base, there are surely many within the game that have experience in marketing/advertising, any company worth their weight in salt no matter what their value is will be looking for help to endure the long term, if not then it is proof they are in for the short haul and all the dollars they can rake in during that time.

Edited by Judge_Doom

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles
2 hours ago, slayer6 said:

You're doing it wrong...

Step 1:  Update your resume, and add Masters in Marketing to it

Step 2:  Send resume to Wargaming.net

Step 3:  Repeat Step 2, and add justification as to why you are the only one who can solve the problem

Step 4:  Make sure you are immaculate for your interview and well prepared

Step 5:  In 6 months, when you are the Chief Marketing Officer for Wargaming.net in the US, come back here and +1 this post

Was not a resume, it was an open suggestion, not looking for a job, don't need one, or least do not need another one.

Members
1,780 posts
5,642 battles

I am sorry I am not criticizing, Wargameing is one of the most cash rich gaming Companies of all time. I think they are doing just fine.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles
18 hours ago, Raven114 said:

I am sorry I am not criticizing, Wargameing is one of the most cash rich gaming Companies of all time. I think they are doing just fine.

Its ok. :Smile_Default:

One of the things that a company never wants to do is become one that is just doing ok or just doing fine.  Being cash rich really does not mean anything if there is not a long range plan in place to further the riches and to make what one has better.  If a company allows themselves to stagnate....or even allow themselves to get to a point where they say, well what we have right now is good enough, no need to expand it or make it better, then there is a problem.  That problem no matter what it may be, if allowed to fester will eventually become such a factor that it will domino, that little sno-ball that started out at the top of the hill will suddenly progress into a huge avalanche that cannot be stopped until it is to late.

Here is what I suspect is going on...WG has allowed themselves to get into this continued process of letting the right hand pay for and carry the left hand, meaning they let the EU and other servers with higher populations carry and keep the smaller servers ie; NA alive and going, even though the NA server brings on average more dollars per player to the fold, its total population is smaller.  What WG should be doing in my opinion is trying to figure out some way of expanding the overall player base population on the NA server so that it is self sufficient  and self supporting, no more right hand carrying or supporting the left hand.  Failure to do this at some point will result in the right hand cutting off the left hand and moving forward without it.

It would be great if the overall population were twice as many at any given time, even half again as many would be a great addition to the game, that's all I was basically trying to say, there has to be some way of expanding the population and maybe WG has missed it, why not open it up to others input, it could not hurt, it may even help.  But I fear that pride and ego will get in the way of that ever happening.

Good luck out there blowing things up and your input was appreciated.

Sign in to follow this