You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Warspawned

Your Go-To Lower Tier Battleship for Randoms?

74 comments in this topic

Members
82 posts
1,280 battles

Just wondering if some of our vets here had a preference when fighting in the early tiers, say III-IV.  I've got a couple of V's now, but not quite comfortable fighting off the VII's one can face there :Smile_ohmy:

Out of the ships enjoying the matchmaking setup for the lower tiers, I'm really enjoying the tier IV Myogi.  The guns have some extreme range, and that spotter plane definitely comes in handy.  If things get critical, it also has the speed to disengage when necessary (and firing from the two rear turrets while doing so).  It's pretty squishy though...   Been through the Belle and on to the Orion for the UK, up to the Wyoming for the USN, and the Kaiser for the KG.

What is your favorite and why?  Any particular skills you want on your pick?

Thanks!!

~War~

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

What I would like to be able to put down here is the Borodino and a host of other pre-dreadnoughts. BB life actually begins in tier II with the Mikasa and there will doubtless be others added. Check out my thread if you haven't to have a look at them and drop in a a vote for WG to get cracking on some truly unique lower tier ships:

That said I would choose König Albert and Bellerophon (essentially the original Dreadnought) for tier III BBs I play.

• Cool 1

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,286 battles

Nikolai, Konig Albert, and Orion.

Because I'm a horrible person. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,836 battles
56 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The nikolai because it is perfectly balanced as well as the konig albert.

You need to get new scales! :Smile_great:

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,286 battles
12 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Awww.....no votes for Kawachi? :Smile_hiding:

No. Just no. 

Kawachi exists to be free XP'd past. It's the first of two pay walls in the IJN line... The other being Izumo

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles

Arkansas Beta (the freebie) & Konig Albert (cause I got 'suckered' into buying it when it was announced as a 'last chance' sale) (No T5 or T6 at this time).

Cpt skills? The ones that buff survival, for the most part. The idea, OP, is to hang around as long as you can to fire MGs as many times as you can.

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,866 battles

I use them all, as much as possible. I love to play at the lower tiers but there is always a mission or something that you have to grind out, that keep you away from them most of the time.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
80 posts
3,764 battles

It used to be the Ishizuchi and the ArkB, but since the British BBs have arrived I like to play the Orion and the ArkB. Never really got on with Koenig Albert, though I have not given it much chance. Tier 4 is a fun tier for BBs.

Members
82 posts
1,280 battles
1 hour ago, Aratnomis said:

It used to be the Ishizuchi and the ArkB, but since the British BBs have arrived I like to play the Orion and the ArkB. Never really got on with Koenig Albert, though I have not given it much chance. Tier 4 is a fun tier for BBs.

The Ishizuchi got some bad reviews...almost bought it but held off...

Then again I was having a blast in my Karlsruhe until someone told me how terrible it is.  Doh!

Picked up the Texas instead of the ArkB...CV strikes were wrecking me...

Edited by Warspawned
  • Cool 1

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
80 posts
3,764 battles
8 minutes ago, Warspawned said:

The Ishizuchi got some bad reviews...almost bought it but held off...

Then again I was having a blast in my Karlsruhe until someone told me how terrible it is.  Doh!

Picked up the Texas instead of the ArkB...CV strikes were wrecking me...

The Ishizuchi plays what I think a real Battle-cruiser would play like, relatively fast moving quick firing potent HE but with a level of delicacy to her armour layout that causes you to think before really brawling. However you can often out run the turret traverse of equal tier BBs. Got my highest kill count in one game in the Ishizuchi, 8. I think she is worth purchasing but play her using HE as primary and AP on broadside only or soft Cruisers like the danae.

Members
2,274 posts
7,311 battles

For me is Ark. Beta (T4), Konig Albert (T3). 

For tech tree ships Kaiser (T4), Nassau (T3), Orion (T4) are good choices too. 

If you are a new player a good T5 is Kongo, the high speed and long range give a good flexibility to fight T7s. 

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,177 posts
2,029 battles

Cesare.

That's all you need. I'll take on any BB in a 1v1 with her as long as it's not tier VII or greater, confidently.

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

Arkansas Beta! I love that thing... ignoring the fact that it has no AA guns (not even a sailor shooting a firearm on deck? Seriously?) the new, buffed secondaries are hilarious to mess around with. The accuracy seems to be pretty good from my experience to, so the secondaries are not only silly but they're useful. Not to mention the frightening broadside you can dish out. :cap_haloween:

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles

I rarely play Tier III-IV BBs.  But if I do, I have Konig Albert for Tier III.  Nassau is magnificent at that tier also.  For Tier IV?  I got Imp.Nikolai I.

Members
1,505 posts
7,927 battles

Hey

I rarely go below T5 but love my Konig or Oktober Revolution is pretty fun.  Nassau is a good boat too, I prefer my Germans over my RN BB's,  same with my T5 ARP's.

Pete

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles
53 minutes ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

Ark Beta.... I'll stomp your Nikolia, and orioins Any day... 

Never been impressed by those things.  Like Wyoming, they can't hit the broadside of the Eurasian Continent.