You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Warspawned

Quickest Path to Free Exp?

21 comments in this topic

Members
82 posts
1,300 battles

Heyas!

Trying to bank up free exp, and wondering if it's just a given that one will spend doubloons on it.  I purchased the October and Cesar as my first premium ships; I had heard that one of the uses of a premium is to generate free experience for the pool to use elsewhere.  Just now figuring out now that it takes gold to do the conversion...  :Smile-_tongue:

I'd guess that using signal and camo bonuses works, as does regular combat, of course.  Anything that I'm missing?

Thanks!

~War~  

[HINON]
Supertester
18,955 posts
12,460 battles

Wear all the free XP flags you can. Play well. Play a lot. Spend lots of money.

Beta Testers
1,013 posts
13,583 battles

What Lert said and use camo if u have it. For the record, a certain portion of Free XP is gained each match without having to convert.

We use doubloons to fast track it to convert XP to FXP. If you have any auroboros flags they help a great deal.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,047 battles

Giulio Cesare without flags on a co-op game, say 75K damage, 2 kills, 4 citadels and part of a cap, 66 Free Exp. Do that 12,000 times for a Missouri. 

Of course flags and camo can boost this enormously, but you have to be dedicated. (seriously, don't do that!)

I used a lot of flags and I played a lot, and took advantage of cheap xp conversion for a few random bucks here and there. 

a lot of the Campaigns offer bunches of free Exp, and as you grind them it sort of snowballs. 

Edited by LancerUlysses

Members
9,868 posts
5 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Missouri with flags

Kind of pointless advice for someone who has 500 games...isn't it?

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

Just an advice for the future :) He can buy dubloons and convert them to get the Mo. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,955 posts
12,460 battles
15 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Just an advice for the future :) He can buy dubloons and convert them to get the Mo. 

That would require him to have 750k elited XP, which would mean a lot of games on ships that don't research anything, so a lot of games not progressing his own account and trees.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,073 battles

If they sell the Anshan in the future, it has a built in 100% free exp boost in the perm camo and with the new Pan Asian line of DDs, can be used as a captain trainer.  Fun tier 6 DD, Russian made, with decent torps.

Edited by Panzer1113

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,484 battles
45 minutes ago, Warspawned said:

Heyas!

Trying to bank up free exp, and wondering if it's just a given that one will spend doubloons on it.  I purchased the October and Cesar as my first premium ships; I had heard that one of the uses of a premium is to generate free experience for the pool to use elsewhere.  Just now figuring out now that it takes gold to do the conversion...  :Smile-_tongue:

I'd guess that using signal and camo bonuses works, as does regular combat, of course.  Anything that I'm missing?

Thanks!

~War~  

The Papa papa flag is your friend - This coupled w/ a Tirpitz w/ the 100% FXP bonus cammo (or a Premium ship like the Missouri) would be an acceleration strategy w/o necessarily costing doubloons for FXP conversion.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

That would require him to have 750k elited XP, which would mean a lot of games on ships that don't research anything, so a lot of games not progressing his own account and trees.

I use my Mo for grinding free exp; 3000-4000 free exp a game.. Yeah if people want to grind free exp they won't progress a lot. It's that or just progress in the lines

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
289 posts

Use the more signals and camo option on your containers; load your ships (particularly your premiums) up with free xp enhancing camo and signals; play missions and campaigns that provide free xp, signals, and camo (with a free xp bonus); above all else, get the Missouri when you are able.

Ironically, the ideal ship for grinding to the Missouri would have been... you guessed it, the Missouri!

If you do spend actual money on the game, the best "bang for the buck" I've seen so far was found in last year's Christmas containers. Hopefully, they will do the same thing again this year.

[-K-]
Members
5,082 posts
8,956 battles

Anshan (with special premium camo) + Papa Papa flags = 533% bonus to free XP earned.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

The reality is, Free XP is a hard grind. I would buy whatever package sells the papa flags.....but the problem with that is, once you crack your wallet....it's easier to do it again....and again. I am at the point now where I can barely stomach playing the game without maximizing great camos and tons of flags.....the down side of that is I could take a vacation in the Keys for a week with I have spent on this game.....

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,047 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

I got in in May, while the Bismarck thing was going on, earned the Bismarck while grinding the USN BB line to Iowa. I'm sure I didn't have over 500 games by that point. Not enough to get the Missouri yet, but definitely a start. I got in on an invite for the Texas and a lot of signal flags and of course 80K Free XP, so yeah, went for it.  

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
289 posts

Joining a clan and playing in clan battles is another way to increase the free xp earned. Clan battles seem to earn quite a bit more credits, xp, free xp, and commander xp than random battles... even when you lose... so you might want to give that a try.

Also, as previously mentioned, the clan's buildings will provide additional bonuses.

Members
82 posts
1,300 battles
On 11/20/2017 at 2:27 PM, Panzer1113 said:

If they sell the Anshan in the future, it has a built in 100% free exp boost in the perm camo and with the new Pan Asian line of DDs, can be used as a captain trainer.  Fun tier 6 DD, Russian made, with decent torps.

I’ve heard rumors about a sale for this ship and others for Black Friday...

:cap_rambo:

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,630 battles
On 11/20/2017 at 0:41 PM, Warspawned said:

Heyas!

Thanks!

~War~  

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/1868/  Papa Papa +300%

[USMC_]
Members
210 posts
11,030 battles

I have found the best bang for the buck is to purchase a premium account.Sure beats spending ridiculous amounts of money to convert premium XP to something that is actually usable. Then on occasion you can get some doubloons to fast track if you want.