Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LancerUlysses

LancerUlysses Super Hard USN BB Trivia #4

4 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,055 battles

A few questions today:

1. Which was the first USN BB class built as designed with cage masts?

2. Three USN BBs were charged with returning the remains of foreign dignitaries to their countries of origin. Which BBs were those and to which countries did they sail?

3. Which USN BBs were built (or at least laid down), in their namesake state? 

Edited by LancerUlysses

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
589 posts

1. South Carolina 1910

2. USS Delaware (BB 28) - Don Anibal Cruz back to Chile, USS North Dakota (BB 29) - Vincenzo Macchi di Cellere to Italy.

3. BB 13 Virginia, BB 34 New York, BB 44 California, BB 59 Massachusetts and BB 62 New Jersey

Did I pass?

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,055 battles

Pretty good, as it turns out you caught one in #2 which I had forgotten, and there is another, see if you can find it. Also, BB-62 New Jersey was built at the Philadelphia Naval Yard as was Wisconsin. 

There is in fact one other ship in this group, but it's hard to spot. I will update the first post. 

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,055 battles
On 11/20/2017 at 0:42 PM, jmanII said:

1. South Carolina 1910

2. USS Delaware (BB 28) - Don Anibal Cruz back to Chile, USS North Dakota (BB 29) - Vincenzo Macchi di Cellere to Italy.

3. BB 13 Virginia, BB 34 New York, BB 44 California, BB 59 Massachusetts and BB 62 New Jersey

Did I pass?

So almost all of them. There was a third for #2: USS Nebraska, BB-14, returned the remains of the ambassador from Uruguay to his homeland. As for #3, while USS New Jersey, BB-62 was not built in it's home state there was an earlier USS Massachusetts BB-54, which was laid down and had been 11 percent completed by February of 1922, when she was cancelled and sold for scrap under the terms of disarmament treaties then in force. 

Thanks to all who responded, and I will continue to cook up more as I go back through my book collection. 

Edited by LancerUlysses

Sign in to follow this