You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Black Friday?

46 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,759 posts
4,544 battles

Daddy wants to buy some boats...

Those with the power of the pen - drop some fun new (and old) toys in the premium shop...slash some prices...and I'll make the coin flow. 

[CUTE]
Members
5,169 posts
3,436 battles
2 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Premium time was 50% off last year. I'd suggest buying a year's worth before anything else.

This will be all I'm interested in this time around. 

I spent a few hundred last holiday season and given the direction 2017 took I will be spending considerably less this year.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

Most people advertise their Black Friday Sales, I was expecting some kind of info on this, this morning.

[5IN]
Members
1,787 posts
8,109 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Most people advertise their Black Friday Sales, I was expecting some kind of info on this, this morning.

^this.  I would've expected some sort of announcement or tease for sales.  Maybe they aren't going to do sales this year.... I thought that last year the sale info came out long before now, but it's been a year, so I may have forgotten.

b

Members
3,416 posts
6,084 battles

Maybe they aren't going to do sales this year.

They seemed to wait a long time to announce the Halloween event - I can't imagine they would not do a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale.  If they don't - then I would suggest WoWs is dying...

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,226 posts
3,871 battles

I'm more likely to drop money in Fate/Grand Order for a guaranteed 5* servant than buy more premium boats until WG starts showing they actually care about the gameplay for non-battleships.

Maybe I'll get Tamamo. Or Francis Drake.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

I'm sure there will be something.  It may not satisfy everyone - last year there was a certain amount of complaining (complaining, you say? surely you jest!) about the every premium in the game whale package - but there will be something.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,509 battles

My guess is the Black Friday posting would come out Tue or at worst Wed (Mon is a return to work from the weekend so 1day to prepare, Wed is the day before a major US Holiday so Tues is best guess).  Can’t imagine WG not promoting something for the Thanksgiving weekend.

As a possibility, the Nov Calendar hinted at a sale on a mega Premium bundle (last year WG sold practically every Premium for hundreds of dollars for the bundle) - it would make sense if this was part of a Black Friday bundle sale & a bunch of promos in the Premium ship.

Edited by hangglide42

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles

Owning 90% of the premiums, and having 172 days premium left, I can pass on black Friday sales....

I'm waiting for the Santa crates and Christmas sale of 1 year premium for $54 again. 

• Cool 2

Members
3,416 posts
6,084 battles
5 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I'm waiting for the Santa crates and Christmas sale of 1 year premium for $54 again. 

I want to say I bought my year of Premium at $45 last year.

• Cool 2

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
18 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I'm more likely to drop money in Fate/Grand Order for a guaranteed 5* servant than buy more premium boats until WG starts showing they actually care about the gameplay for non-battleships.

Maybe I'll get Tamamo. Or Francis Drake.

Maybe Marie Antoinette?

Members
728 posts
3,811 battles
7 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I want to say I bought my year of Premium at $45 last year.

Yeah, I did too.  And since you could do it for WOWS and WOT, I got 2 and am currently at 400+ days of premium at present.  But ships?  Daddy wants some ships!

~B

• Cool 1

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,406 battles

To note, black Friday sales did not appear last year until the 25th.

[SIM]
Members
2,454 posts
4,093 battles

WG has a track record of coming up short on Black Friday. Don’t expect that to change.

[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,314 battles
2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Premium time was 50% off last year. I'd suggest buying a year's worth before anything else.

This is what I am waiting for.  But, I leave town on Thursday for a week.  Surely they will announce it before then!?!

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles
36 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

If they don't - then I would suggest WoWs is dying...

A more likely sign would be  if you see a fire sale on every thing. A last second money grab before things fade away. So far WG has been consistent and limited in their sales so things are fine.

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Hoping for Okhotnik.  Players getting those trial loaner opportunities with chance to buy...not me.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,873 battles

I would expect official word on Wednesday which is patch day if 0.6.14 is ready. 

Still living off that 50% off year of premium from last year's Armada event.

• Cool 1

Members
3,416 posts
6,084 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

A more likely sign would be  if you see a fire sale on every thing. A last second money grab before things fade away. So far WG has been consistent and limited in their sales so things are fine.

Far more likely to just shut things down - if there is a fire sale then the writing is on the wall and most would not buy.  I have played other F2Play games and they simply made an announcement and closed up shop.   Since they have other games - doing a fire sale and then shutting down would kill the company.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,226 posts
3,871 battles
12 minutes ago, Silver_kun said:

Maybe Marie Antoinette?

Marie's a 4* and I already have her and also she's terrible.

Medusa at 3* is way stronger.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Wish there was a buy trade and swap deal. Sure WG gets a cut of each transaction, would love to barter for some premiums.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
6 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Marie's a 4* and I already have her and also she's terrible.

Medusa at 3* is way stronger.

Oh yeah that slipped my Mind.

Members
3,654 posts
13,535 battles
6 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Wish there was a buy trade and swap deal. Sure WG gets a cut of each transaction, would love to barter for some premiums.

I would like that too. I have some premium BBs that I'd put in the front yard.

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
429 posts
5,959 battles

I have a year of premium left over form the Santa crates last year.  I spent this year's allowance last year.  Though I will buy a few Premiums for the new lines coming out soon.

I'm hoping the Santa Crates come back, and I'm itching for a Doubloon discount on Free XP conversion.  I'm also hoping that they put a few more Premium ships in the tech tree.