You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

114 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
505 battles

Recently i came across a few videos stating that WoWs is slowly dying due to complaints from the community demanding that the game has more improvements and such, so i'm investigating the reason behind this problem, since after 2015 videos for WoWS have slowly been declining in popularity and views, and that it has become irreverent now and a lost game in history, since then less and less people are coming to WOWS *Just a opinion* so is this downfall of wargaming's *ONLY* good game is caused by the people in the community? leave your comments below!

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

Which videos? And where is their proof? Views orbless views of videos from CCs on YouTube is in no way proof.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
6 minutes ago, D1xKnight said:

Recently i came across a few videos stating that WoWs is slowly dying

:Smile_amazed:

2 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Which videos?

This:Smile_great:

Server status

Server available.
Number of players: 6,718

I think that pretty good for a Monday afternoon.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 2

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

I watched some utube videos too. the best ones were about motorcycle fails, but the funny kitties videos were good too.

• Cool 11

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,666 battles

What?

Aren't we expecting a big influx from the recent STEAM debut?

Plus WoWs is absolutely thriving in RU and CN server, not gonna die anytime soon.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Do a search in this forum for "WoWs Dying" and you will have lots to read. Some more recent than others but not really sure anything really new is going to be brought up.

[O_O]
Members
782 posts
4,726 battles

It seems that every rantpost I read claims that [insertsubjecthere] will be the downfall of WoWS. 

As far as I can tell, there was a surge of population in mid 2015 when Beta opened, another at the end of the year when the game went live, and then a falloff afterward as people - as usual - found other neat things to do.  There are regular peaks of server populations around special events, and fall-off in between.

Personally, I wouldn't pay much mind to the doomsdayers.  It's most often a waste of time, but does get some people attention and they like that.

-R

Members
5,020 posts
2,952 battles

Certainly many of the old guard, including myself mostly have moved on to different games, with perhaps an occasional return to play a couple games. But servers numbers have well above the red. Albeit the game isn't really growing a ton.

Members
9,863 posts
8 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

What?

Aren't we expecting a big influx from the recent STEAM debut?

Plus WoWs is absolutely thriving in RU and CN server, not gonna die anytime soon.

A temporary influx from steam isn't helping this game, it's making it far worse.....

We have an incredible number of new players, buying into high tier to get to clan wars, and learning exactly ZERO about the game......

And RU is thriving? Perhaps you might want to look at the facts before you make statements like that....:Smile_teethhappy:

Down 50% from it's highs is thriving?

JPdc81s.png

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,292 battles

Yeah, servers shut down next week. RIP. 

There have been "the game is dying!" posts since CBT/OBT. It's still here. 

• Cool 3

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,148 battles

Good games stand the test of time. This is a good game. 

Now if they let the player base control how the game was run, let players mod the crap out of the game and let rampant cheaters and cheat mods to be free and rampant, then the game would die very quickly. But they don't, they have a team that continually updates and polices such activity and give us new content. Game isn't going to die anytime soon as long they keep working on it. 

Edited by Megrim3
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
474 posts
3,816 battles
32 minutes ago, D1xKnight said:

Recently i came across a few videos stating that WoWs is slowly dying due to complaints from the community demanding that the game has more improvements and such, so i'm investigating the reason behind this problem, since after 2015 videos for WoWS have slowly been declining in popularity and views, and that it has become irreverent now and a lost game in history, since then less and less people are coming to WOWS *Just a opinion* so is this downfall of wargaming's *ONLY* good game is caused by the people in the community? leave your comments below!

Threads like these are becoming about as old and worn out as submarine threads.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

And EU is approaching 24,000 right now.

Yup, but they have always been bigger if I have understood other posts.

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,768 battles
8 minutes ago, Pistov said:

Which oddly enough...another one of those has started today.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

World of Warships has a bigger problem with player retention and churn. If they could solve that the population numbers would follow.

• Cool 2

Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles
13 minutes ago, Pistov said:

Submarine_and_periscope.gif.6b6c60651a5329df6e13b6ab47168602.gif

Das Bot

Someone called? I thought I heard the S-word.

Beta Testers
281 posts
6,640 battles

If I got a dollar for every "WOWS is dying!!!!!!!!!!" thread that was started I would have alot more money than I do. People have been making these kinds of hysterical posts since the game went live and guess what? The game's still going strong.

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
52 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

Someone past the popcorn please...

No! Go get your own... :Smile_popcorn:

1 hour ago, D1xKnight said:

Recently i came across a few videos stating that WoWs is slowly dying due to complaints from the community demanding that the game has more improvements and such, so i'm investigating the reason behind this problem, since after 2015 videos for WoWS have slowly been declining in popularity and views, and that it has become irreverent now and a lost game in history

So having six thousand players online (NA) on a Monday afternoon is the definition of a dying game? And of course view counts will drop for WOWS; the same people aren't going to come watch the same game for the entirety of their lives. People find something else that interests or intrigues them and they move on. WOWS isn't dying. If you want to see a dead MP, go play one of those first COD games...

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,559 battles

WOWS NA has been doing well. 

WOWS as a whole has been doing "meh"