You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CAPT_BAIUS

Quick Poll: New Ships or New Maps

Quick Poll: New Ships or New Maps  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather see World of Warships introduce new maps or new ships and ship lines to the game?

• I would like to see the devs focus almost exclusively on adding new ships and ship lines
    • I would like to see the devs focus more on new ships and lines but pay some attention to new maps
    • I would like to see the devs focus equally on creating new ships and lines and new maps
    • I would like to see the devs focus more on new maps but pay some attention to new ships and lines
    • I would like to see the devs focus almost exclusively on adding new maps
    • I think the game is perfect and don't want the devs to ruin anything with any more content

33 comments in this topic

Members
127 posts
1,190 battles

Just curious what people's opinions are about the development of new content in the game.  Feel free to leave your thoughts below the poll.  Thanks for all positive feedback!

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Ships IMO. There's only so much you can do with maps. Really just different distribution of islands of varying heights. Maps mean almost nothing to me when compared to having more ships to pick from. 

Members
127 posts
1,190 battles
1 minute ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Ships IMO. There's only so much you can do with maps. Really just different distribution of islands of varying heights. Maps mean almost nothing to me when compared to having more ships to pick from. 

Not all maps are created equal though and a few more good ones would be nice.  

Members
127 posts
1,190 battles
24 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

Why not new scenarios and new game modes?

I kept it simple, but that's a good idea for a future post. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,053 posts
9,331 battles

OP do you realize there are 2 different teams of Devs working on ships and maps so there is no one OR the other request needed. It's not like it is one group and each update they work on one or the other.

[FACT]
Members
399 posts
3,933 battles

Sorry had to vote the game is perfect as is...lol. Cause, well, we all know...

Nothing wrong with T8 always being bottom tier in T10 battles and losing. My NC's overall win rate is proof of that. Heck, all my T8 ships reflect it. Like an idiot I tried again yesterday in (4) T8 battles, bottom tier in T10 battles and lost them all despite playing very well.

Nothing wrong with the current CV play, earnings, or with nation/ plane load out imbalance.

Nothing wrong with lopsided DD's in battles (where 1 team has an extra DD).

Nothing wrong with the +/- 2 Tier MM spread, as some say.

PERFECT AS IS! WORKING AS INTENDED! :cap_like::cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Members
127 posts
1,190 battles
7 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

OP do you realize there are 2 different teams of Devs working on ships and maps so there is no one OR the other request needed. It's not like it is one group and each update they work on one or the other.

No I didn't know that, so thanks for the clarification.  I didn't really intend for the poll to be too serious either just a general "what would you really like to see more of?"

Edited by CAPT_BAIUS

Members
542 posts
2,854 battles

Most of what keeps me playing is the promise of the USN cruiser split, as well as grinding new lines

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
429 posts
5,959 battles

Every game should be on Ocean.  I'm tired of Cruisers hiding behind island.  At least with Ocean DDs will have to use their Smoke for something other that sitting in.

• Cool 1

[FACT]
Members
399 posts
3,933 battles
53 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

Why not new scenarios and new game modes?

You know, speaking of...I'm looking forward to the new T7 Scenario that is to drop sometime in the near future.

However, they should develop a "Lonewolf/ Last Man Standing/ Lone Survivor" mode. A complete free for all "battle dome" with 10 random players in a battle to be the last ship in the water. No Divs, No Game Chat, No Radar, Spotting plans, Hydro, etc. Limited fixed gun range (mains/ secondaries/ torps). Shrink the map size to for all to be detected, and Let. It. Fly!

Rewards would be based off how you place in battle: You're the first one sunk, Halloween event Co-op Level rewards. Middle of the pack, Scenario Level rewards., Winner, above Random Level rewards + S.C. Stats tie to PVP stats.

Edited by ARandomClaymore

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
2 hours ago, CAPT_BAIUS said:

Just please god no more maps that start the fleet split. Too much confusion. Half the players near the enemy base seem to always run away toward their base and leave the others to die. 

Members
127 posts
1,190 battles

You must be speaking of strait.  I used to hate that map, but I'm more ambivalent now. 

What We need is a couple more like sea of fortune with plenty of cover in the middle so people feel comfortable pushing the points.  Also, if they added a few more maps they could retire tears of the desert.  Tears of the desert really needs to go.  

Edited by CAPT_BAIUS

Beta Testers
162 posts
9,814 battles

New ships and only the ocean map. I would be more then happy with that.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,456 posts
3,418 battles
9 hours ago, CAPT_BAIUS said:

There's hardly any good ones though. All the whiners want is more islands to hide behind, rather than more open water maps. And that's all WG has said are in the current map plans. More island-heavy maps for "cover".

Heck, if they wanted island-heavy maps, I'd love Bastion mode back; at least it prevented island camping because everyone saw everyone, and it ended games faster when potatoes remained within defense emplacement range then whined that they died to defensive structures; almost as much as they whined about dying to concealed ships.

Edited by YamatoA150

Members
3,654 posts
13,535 battles

More standard ship lines and cut back on premiums. The premiums are mostly BBs anyway, like we need more of them.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I'd rather they put more attention on new operations more than new ships and maps. Operations are a mostly untapped resource of incredible creativity and story telling just waiting to be used to its full potential! Its a mode that really stands to bring a LOT of new players into the game and keep them playing. And if players stay, some are bound to spend money, which WG obviously likes. ;)

Members
127 posts
1,190 battles
6 hours ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I'd rather they put more attention on new operations more than new ships and maps. Operations are a mostly untapped resource of incredible creativity and story telling just waiting to be used to its full potential! Its a mode that really stands to bring a LOT of new players into the game and keep them playing. And if players stay, some are bound to spend money, which WG obviously likes. ;)

The game could use more game modes than domination, epicenter, and capture the base, that's for sure.  

Members
127 posts
1,190 battles
8 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

Heck, if they wanted island-heavy maps, I'd love Bastion mode back; at least it prevented island camping because everyone saw everyone, and it ended games faster when potatoes remained within defense emplacement range then whined that they died to defensive structures; almost as much as they whined about dying to concealed ships.

More than bastion I wish the airfield on neighbors spawned planes if your team controlled b.  A couple maps where there's an airfield to capture could be really cool if done right.  

Edited by CAPT_BAIUS

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,404 battles

Definitely maps. My eyes are sore of seeing the same maps again and again and again and again and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[H_]
Members
220 posts
7,007 battles

I'd love to see new maps, but honestly thats tempered a bit because as you progress up through the tiers you do see new maps. I'm at 8 and there are a few that are still really new to me and are tough but fun. Ocean is brutal but more like reality.  Now you Tier 10 guys.. well yeah you have seen them all, uh multiple times :)

I'd love to see other battle modes, Heck Capture the flag in it's truest sense, Get the flag, return it to your base.  I like Domination maps, not a big fan of Epicenter as people just camp on the outside because you can fire across the map in most cases.

Maybe shorten the game time?  less time will force folks to react and press more, at least one would hope it would.

More scenario's would be good,  really liked all the ones I've played so far. 

All of this is tempered by the fact that creating all of these things requires time and money and WG needs to prioritize what's going to bring in more $$ first.  The argument of course is, new maps, new ships, new game modes - will draw more players and get them to spend money or get old players to spend more money :)   such as myself. 

Here's hoping that WG can fit in a few new maps and game modes at some point. Actually pretty excited about the USN cruiser split as I have the Cleveland and Pensacola already on the verge of NO..

[NG-NL]
Members
4,974 posts
8,124 battles

I'd prefer new maps over new ship lines myself, but seems I'm in a minority.