You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pope_Shizzle

Making Warships Look Great Again

15 comments in this topic

Pope_Shizzle    3,556

I'm having a problem and hoping some of you technical type folks can help.  Back in the day before the Reshade banhammer fell, I used a progarm called Nvidia Profile Inspector to supplement the in game WOWS antialiasing and other graphical enhancement features to make WOWS look great.  I was one of the folks caught up in the mass banning that took place a few months ago due to faulty cheat detection.  Since we've been told we can no longer Reshade (specifically) or other programs that inject? into the game, I can't use my Nvidia Profile Inspector.  For 2 months I've been watching/playing a disturbingly terrible looking game with awful jagged diagonal lines, a weird shimmering on surfaces as the camera angle changes and all sorts of other graphical impurities.  

My game settings are maxed (except foliage which is turned off) and I still get 90+ FPS.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what more I can do to make warships look great again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

STINKWEED_    159

From what I understand, WOWS (and WOT) is using a very outdated game engine "Big World". Compared to some of the other games out there it lacks in the graphics department. 

kerensky914    1,010

I can help.  I will mail you my Microsoft Surface Pro to play on for awhile.  Give that a week and you'll never complain about your 90+ FPS graphics again! :D

TheDreadnought    701
39 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

I'm having a problem and hoping some of you technical type folks can help.  Back in the day before the Reshade banhammer fell, I used a progarm called Nvidia Profile Inspector to supplement the in game WOWS antialiasing and other graphical enhancement features to make WOWS look great.  I was one of the folks caught up in the mass banning that took place a few months ago due to faulty cheat detection.  Since we've been told we can no longer Reshade (specifically) or other programs that inject? into the game, I can't use my Nvidia Profile Inspector.  For 2 months I've been watching/playing a disturbingly terrible looking game with awful jagged diagonal lines, a weird shimmering on surfaces as the camera angle changes and all sorts of other graphical impurities.  

My game settings are maxed (except foliage which is turned off) and I still get 90+ FPS.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what more I can do to make warships look great again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

How do you get 90+ FPS when it's capped at 76?  I smell something fishy.

Maybe you meant 9 FPS?  LOL

Edgecase    743
37 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Max frame rate is editable in a config file, just like texture buffer and some other things.

Merc85    124
6 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

From what I understand, WOWS (and WOT) is using a very outdated game engine "Big World". Compared to some of the other games out there it lacks in the graphics department. 

I believe that this is true.  But I read that WoT is moving off of Big World to a HD graphics engine in the fairly near future.....I hope WoWS does as well.

56 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

its not capped at 76.... i play at 167 on my home pc

STINKWEED_    159
3 hours ago, Merc85 said:

I believe that his is true.  But I read that WoT is moving off of Big World to a HD graphics engine in the fairly near future.....I hope WoWS does as well.

That would be awesome. Hopefully WOWS will add a physics engine too.

slokill_1    50
4 hours ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

Welcome to planet Earth, where we can't have nice things.

I'm in Commiefornia where I can't get a Judge.  So wanted a wheel gun that can fire shot gun shells and cartridges too.

That's a nice thing to have.

Pope_Shizzle    3,556
6 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

As others have said, the frame rate cap is editable.  Also, my monitor is capable of 144hz.