You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

20 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,962 posts
8,109 battles

Regale us.

Saturday felt like murder. For all but 1 or 2 battles, repeated losses with the stinking potatoes, or a stomping match where I couldn't do much; poor Zao attracts BB salvos every time. Shout-out to FireandHESpam for out-damaging me in that Kutuzov and Khab.

Yesterday was better, more wins, but had an underwhelming time with trying to torp in Maass. I still have a ways to go with learning to predicting targets, and that "feast or famine" really punched me in the gut.

Bright side, a Wikia guy brought his secret weapon:

w6QW7h8.jpg

Just before I trolled my div mate:

217oDrK.jpg

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,235 battles

From Tues - Fri, I saw 66-75% losses. With no expectation of anything good, I got 11 wins to just 2 losses on Sat. Sun, back to win one, lose one, etc, etc, etc ......

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
17,846 battles

Not a great record recently, certain ships that I've been trying to do better with have been punishing. 

Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles

When you fired those fish I remember shouting “Oh sh*t!” really loud into the VC. I also remember an Akatsuki game I played with you with 183k damage and a double strike. 

[LOU1]
Members
2,890 posts
8,004 battles

Somewhat comforting to see that it was not just me that had a bad run for the last week.  Frustrating to watch teammates sail broadside to the enemy and get deleted - many times giving away a win through unnecessarily losing ships.  Frequent games in which no one went after the caps.  In my favorite, almost the whole team goes to A, takes it and then moves further to between A and the border.  The two or three of us that tried to go after the other caps were deleted and our teammates finished the battle on the side of the map.

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

November has been less than stellar in general.  I managed a positive WR for the weekend going 14 for 23 but not all were good games.  *shrug*.  

b

Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles

@Reymu Also that match where you tried to TK me, would you care to tell the tale of the salty BBaby whom we both mercilessly burned down, or should I?

[SF-3]
Members
1,442 posts
7,925 battles

Actually didn't play too much this weekend, didn't know the 2x exp was going on until Saturday. Did ok, potatoed a few times, had a couple of really good games.

Had a T10 game on 2 brothers where the whole team rolled left, except me in my Monty and an ARP in his Bismark, we held off 2 shimas, 2 missouris, iowa, roon while our pathetic team circled around and our groz and kahb ran from the shimas, at one point giving them 3 caps. Ended up pulling out the win, even deleting their CV, I think ours ran out of planes or went afk for half the match though.

Sunday, some what the same. CW didn't go so well and we ended only a few games in out of frustration.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

Had a difficult couple of days personally - a lot of back and forth to the hospital - so I only got in a bit of WoWS as a respite.  50/50 overall, but I did have this quite nice match:

shot-17_11.18_07_53.57-0914.thumb.jpg.dd128e23a6d82b8af23092a30d84f624.jpgshot-17_11.18_07_54.02-0138.thumb.jpg.a98f6c5baad2bd5d0d7e6575306432f4.jpg

And let me just throw in the xp/credits page as well:

shot-17_11.18_07_54.37-0490.thumb.jpg.e7f3f14510a9257bb87fce390a18e4b2.jpg

37,736 captain xp is what happens when you have a good game with +100% xp camo on a +100% first win weekend running Hydra and Dragon in addition to the normal +50% flags.  I'm trying to get this captain (dedicated to the Mogami) to 14 pts so I can add IFHE, and am now pretty close.

What I especially liked about this game was that I had a confrontation with the red Harekaze (the red team's only survivor, and top of its board) at first contact - I messed him up some, but I took a stupid torp.  So I played most of this game already well into the yellow on hp - I don't have AR, so in no sense was this an advantage.

Our destroyers played very well - as did our Amagi, clearly, though I didn't witness it.

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,768 battles

This weekend was a little rough for me.  Perhaps I wasn't mentally/emotionally up for gaming as there was a bit going on outside of the game.  Such as Twilight Imperium 4th Ed. dropping.  

Either way, glad to see others hitting it well!

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,092 battles

There are good weekends and then there are baaaaaad weekends, this weekend was the smelly, baaaaad kind. Had a few good wins, and a lot of bad losses.  I take the blame for contributing for some of those losses, could not get my DD into position to influence the outcome, opportunities just missed to maybe turn a game, or just picking the wrong cap to support or contest... but many games where you and your teammates are doing your job on one side of the map, and your teammates on the other side had been wiped out ( without making a dent in the red ships), where all you DD teammates are deleted in the first five minutes,  where the only red ships that were destroyed were because of you, where defeat is snatched from the jaws of victory by some incredibly stupid decisions... that kind of weekend...

Edited by Panzer1113

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I had fun earning a quad kill in around one minute, at the end of a match. It was exciting. Weekends to me any more are "those days I just have fun without expectations." Still get revved up by my stupid moves and the same of others... and some of those mission/challenges drove me up the wall. The 2000 flooding, 20000 damage by torps? Easy with a Kami, right? Nope. Every time I managed to make the needed requirements, we lost! Not kidding you. Nuts, believe me. 

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

This weekend was notable for one thing: I was detonated 5 times in about 20 games. 

Saturday was brutal, what with 3 detonations and a couple of fumbles where I was killed early with low damage. Something like 37% win + yellow WTR. Yuck. Did much, much better on Sunday with a nice long string of wins. 

Besides the detonations, I had a couple of memorable events:

1. Killed two battleships in one battle with my Kebab..... using torpedoes.

2. Played my first series of games in the Z-23. Liking it much more than the Maass. 

3. Dropped smoke for a friendly Moskva who was in a heap of trouble and learned that this is apparently a strange and infrequent thing to do. 

Edited by DingBat

[SIM]
Members
2,439 posts
4,080 battles

I played a couple of games on Friday. Picked up another Kraken in my Cesare (actually my first six kill game, I think). Such is the might of being top-tier in a tier V vessel that was tuned to fight tier VIs and VIIs. 

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,052 battles

I had some really lousy matches on Fri and Sat, but yesterday and this morning I was hitting about 67% wins, and had averag damage go up also. Had some good teams which went after the enemy DDs and played the objectives very well. almost made up for the stupid storm from Friday and Saturday.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
883 posts
7,122 battles

Had a lot of good games that resulted in losses this weekend.  Feels like critical thinking goes out the window when it's double XP.

[FACT]
Members
398 posts
3,933 battles

My spree consisted of playing (4) T8 battles: (3) in the North Carolina, (1) in the Alabama, where I was bottom tier every time in T10 battles. And every team I was on, had 1 less DD than the other side. Oh, lost all four despite playing reasonably well individually, while trying to help my team win collectively. 2-5 on the day. Surprisingly, the 2 wins were in my T10 ships! That was enough.

Edited by ARandomClaymore