You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JaymiMendoza

WHY Wargaming is NERFING PREMIUM SHIPS

126 comments in this topic

[-BN-]
[-BN-]
Members
30 posts
15,051 battles

One of the policies of wg is not to give nerf to the premium ships and I just read that the sims and Julio cesare will be nerfed. It is totally unfair to pay for something that they tell you will not be touched and at the end of the matter they do it. if I spend 1 dollar or 100 dollars they should RESPECT the policies, if they do not have a word, how to believe them and have the desire to continue buying and investing in the game.

Edited by JaymiMendoza
  • Cool 6
  • Bad 2

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,186 battles

Your grammar ruins the title, it should be "Why is Wargaming NERFING PREMIUM SHIPS?", that's an actual question - right now it reads like a statement.  It would be even better if you wrote why wargaming was nerfing the two specific ships you mention, the Sims and the GC.  Even Better would to not use the awful off-white text that is impossible to read without highlighting it.  Even better would be to actually NAME the source for these nerfs, not just make a speculative statement without any support.

3 minutes ago, JaymiMendoza said:

One of the policies of wg is not to give nerf to the premium ships and I just read that the sims and Julio cesare will be nerfed. It is totally unfair to pay for something that they tell you will not be touched and at the end of the matter they do it. if I spend 1 dollar or 100 dollars they should RESPECT the policies, if they do not have a word, how to believe them and have the desire to continue buying and investing in the game.

Frankly it's a bad thread in every way imaginable, and would probably be binned as trash on any other forum.  Also, while I realize the OP is probably not a native English speaker, he did choose to post in the English speaking section of this forum - intent counts.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

I haven't read anything about the Sims, but the Cesare is getting a substantial buff. Pretty sure you're getting your panties in a twist over a nerf that isn't even real.

Ps. Your white text makes you seem like troll.

[EREKT]
Members
760 posts
5,768 battles

You know what, I heard something about a sims nerf on a podcast or youtube video, zerra channel maybe? Or one of the 3 podcasts... I know that doesn't help, heh.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I haven't read anything about the Sims, but the Cesare is getting a substantial buff. Pretty sure you're getting your panties in a twist over a nerf that isn't even real.

Ps. Your white text makes you seem like troll.

The cesare now from 19 to 30,4%anti-torps reduction and is T5 . And hms Nelson only 19% is T7 , the poor reuction anti-torps. the nelson is most lower reduction A/T of T7 19% as if nelson is a BB of T3.

Edited by rafael_azuaje
  • Cool 1

[-BN-]
[-BN-]
Members
30 posts
15,051 battles

Coming changes for update 0.6.14 
Pan Asia Destroyer
From Tier 4 to Tier 9, each PA DD comes with the upgraded torpedo of the previous tier, and its own torpedo now requires research.
Japanese Torpedo Reload Reload time of all torpedoes across Japanese ships is now in line with their DDs, thus:
Reload time of Type 90 mod.1 torpedo on Myoko's (and her various clones) reduced from 82 seconds to 76 seconds
Mogami, Atago, and Ibuki, it reduced from 109 seconds to 101 seconds
Harukaze it reduced from 121 seconds to 101 seconds.
Reload time of Type93 mod.2 torpedo on Ibuki reduced from 120 seconds to 112 seconds.
Miscellaneous
Giulio Cesare Torpedo damage reduction increased from 19% to 30.4%.
Aigle 180° rotation time of main guns increased from 18 seconds to 27.7 seconds, HE shell damage is now 2000. Her engine output is even stronger reversing.
Colorado Hitpoint on B Hull increased from 50100 to 59300, and no change to her Repair Party. Her main gun accuracy is adjusted to 1.9σ from 1.8σ (Hull A) and 2.0σ (Hull B), respectively.
Abruzzi 180° rotation time of the main gun reduced from 24 seconds to 22.5 seconds.
Roma Torpedo damage reduction increased from 25% to 38.5%.
Richelieu Torpedo damage reduction increased from 19% to 32.5%. Her Engine Boost now provides: +8% to maximum speed, higher engine output, activate for 180 seconds.
Salem She now uses the same Damage Control Party on destroyers.
Aircraft Carrier
All aircraft carriers now have a unified 20% basic resistance to catching fire. Thus, the change is a buff to tier 4 ~ 5 CVs but a nerf to tier 6 ~ 10 CVs.
Damage Control Party on all CVs: Activation time increased from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.
US CV Bogue: New and unique flight control 1-1-1 (FT-TB-DB), plane reservation is now 10-9-9 (for the top hull, note that stock-hull US CVs have less hangar capacity except Lexington).
Independence: Unique flight control 1-1-1.
Ranger: New and unique flight Control 1-1-2, plane reservation is 18-18-37.
Lexington: New and unique flight control 1-1-2, plane reservation is 18-18-36. Only top dive bomber can equip 1000lb AP bomb (same bomb as Enterprise's, research and purchase required).
Essex: New and unique flight control 2-1-2, plane reservation 36-18-36. No tier 9 torpedo bombers. Same DB rule as Lexington for 1000lb AP bomb.
Midway: New and unique flight control 2-2-2, plane reservation 46-45-45. Tier 8 torpedo bombers only. Same DB rule as stated before.
Lexington, Essex and Midway's AP DB squadrons have the same accuracy as Enterprise's in auto drop and 20% more accurate in manual drop.
Miscellaneous
Rearranged and re-config.ed the AA guns on Duke of York.
The thorough deck armor (from bow to stern) on Sims reduced from 16mm to 13mm.
The thorough deck armor on Mahan reduced from 16mm to 15mm.
The thorough deck armor on Shimakaze reduced from 19mm to 18mm.
Doubloon refund of Perth, Belfast, Kutuzov will end with the update 0.6.14.

Edited by JaymiMendoza
  • Cool 2

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
3 minutes ago, JaymiMendoza said:

Roma Torpedo damage reduction increased from 25% to 38.5%.

The best thing about this list of updates is that Roma is mentioned in it. 

I can't wait to rub my wallet all over you, Roma. 

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,856 battles
10 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Sims deck armor on sims reduced from 16 to 13mm

I mean, yeah; it's a nerf, but does anyone think this will change anything about that ship?

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,678 posts
15,175 battles

So the Gulio Cesare change is a BUFF because it takes less damage from torpedoes.  

Sims armor is decreased, yes...  I'm not really sure how that will change the ship, TBH.  If anything, it might help to decrease AP penetrations (shells might instead overpen), increasing its survivability...

Edited by Lord_Zath
  • Cool 3

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts
Just now, Umikami said:

I mean, yeah; it's a nerf, but does anyone think this will change anything about that ship?

In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the power of a weapon or skill in order to maintain game balance.

If a premium ship needed a buff I expect it would get it (I assume there would be no complaint there?). Try to remember balance is a difficult thing to maintain with the amount of variety in game.:Smile_honoring:

[-BN-]
[-BN-]
Members
30 posts
15,051 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Zath said:

So the Gulio Cesare change is a BUFF because it takes less damage from torpedoes.  

Sims armor is decreased, yes...  I'm not really sure how that will change the ship, TBH.  If anything, it might help to decrease AP penetrations, increasing its survivability...

IIf change the ship or not does not matter, the point is why you touch the ship if your policy is not to do it. 16mm to 13mm Of course change the ship.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,678 posts
15,175 battles
Just now, JaymiMendoza said:

IIf change the ship or not does not matter, the point is why you touch the ship if your policy is not to do it. 16mm to 13mm Of course change the ship.

There have been several times that premium ships have been buffed.  Your beloved Sims has been buffed a couple times since release.  So you would prefer WG never touch any premium ship after release?  I summon @LittleWhiteMouse to rattle off a list of all premium ships that have received buffs.  I have a feeling she can do it by memory :).

• Cool 1

[-BN-]
[-BN-]
Members
30 posts
15,051 battles

There have been several times that premium ships have been buffed.  Your beloved Sims has been buffed a couple times since release.  So you would prefer WG never touch any premium ship after release?  I summon @LittleWhiteMouse to rattle off a list of all premium ships that have received buffs.  I have a feeling she can do it by memory :).

I talk about the nerf. do not try to use reverse psychology.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts
2 minutes ago, JaymiMendoza said:

Policy - a course or principle of action adopted or proposed by an organization or individual.

Just now, RipNuN2 said:

They never said they never nerf premiums just that they try to avoid it whenever possible.

RipNun2 beat me to it.

Lord Zath also makes a valid point regarding Buffs.

It's all about balance.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles
21 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Sims deck armor on sims reduced from 16 to 13mm

https://youtu.be/Tlk3-nASTDs

3:40 in the video

Not that it's much to write home about, but did Sims really need any adjusting?  She's not exactly running away from other T7 DD's in combat performance.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,606 posts
13,215 battles
31 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It must do something or otherwise why change it

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,489 posts
6,657 battles

Giulio Cesare is getting a buff, not a nerf. Increased torpedo belt protection, or am I wrong?