You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Five Thousand Battles

20 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
1,639 posts
9,912 battles

Hi.  So, today I just played my 5000th WoWS battle.  It happened to be a Tier 6 battle in the Ernst Gaede, a win, in part because I did fairly well capping and killing tier 8 dds.  Now, I am only about 1.5k XP from reaching the Maass.  Just so happens to have enough free XP for a Missouri too - 100% grinded, not bought.  

It was a milestone that I was not expecting to reach, to be honest.  5000 battles has taken over a year of semi-continuous play, including two ranked seaons and whatnot.  Overall, as a blueberry, I think I do OK.  But it has just crept up on me, and I feel like I'm still learning new things and there are entire ship lines I havent done yet (eg, IJN DDs, and I'm only at the Nagato for IJN BBs).  So, in short, plenty more things to do. 

So, what are some of your milestones that you are going to possibly make in the far, far future?  

171120 WOWS 5000 Battles.jpg

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Members
3,323 posts
11,877 battles

You are the Ultimate! Congrats and +1

My goal is to get all my favorite tech tree and premium ships' captains to 19 points. 15 down with 11 to go. Along the way I will cross 10k battles in this excellent and fun game.

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

I hit 5k recently too, just about the same tine I got to a 66.7% WR as well. Double achievement yo.

• Cool 2

[STP]
Beta Testers
2,024 posts
11,147 battles

I get my 6.666 battle other day... i almost have the all TX, i just dont get the TX of ijn line ships (dislike ijn playstyle ... except of cv) and the french cruiser line.

My goal is now incrise my WR to 65~70% but that gonna take tiiiiiiiiiime....

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles

If they were smarter about it they would give players 5000 gold for reaching 5000 battles. I am open to this being done retroactively. ;)

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,684 posts
15,219 battles
2 hours ago, IronDuke17 said:

@Lord_Zath has a few more, I believe. :3

--IronDuke

Yeah...  I like this game too much!!!

[WOLFB]
Members
616 posts
21,893 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Zath said:

Yeah...  I like this game too much!!!

I only have 14,106.......

[RUST]
Beta Testers
933 posts
10,359 battles

For future reference, ranked battles is tracked separately and isn't included in your random battle totals. Your forum tag have you pegged at 5,747 combined from all mode so you've hit 5K for a while now. 

When I set out on this game after end of beta, my goal was 56% overall... I've far outstripped that and I'm just searching for what's the highest I can achieve now. 

Members
1,015 posts
12,938 battles

The grind never seems to end so there's always a goal in front of me. For ships I've gone up the current lines as far as I've wanted but I still want a Midway and just surviving the purgatory known as the Izumo makes the Yamato a reward worth having. The biggest thing I'm grinding for now is more 19pt commanders. I only have 4 for now but I do envision a time far, far in the future where all the ships in my fleet have 19pters. That way I can do some serious seal clubbing down in tiers 3-5. :Smile_playing:

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
430 posts
18,387 battles

Congrats! One day I hope to hit that milestone of time wasted on a video game too! Oh, wait nevermind.....God, I hope my wife never sees the number of rounds I have played....

• Cool 1

Members
127 posts
1,190 battles
6 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

If they were smarter about it they would give players 5000 gold for reaching 5000 battles. I am open to this being done retroactively. ;)

I'm really surprised you don't get something even when you achieved like 500 and 1000 battles even more so than 5000.  It would certainly help with player retention.  

Edited by CAPT_BAIUS

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,568 battles
10 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

So, what are some of your milestones that you are going to possibly make in the far, far future?  

An overall WR of 60%?  LOL...not going to happen with my potato stats, but one can hope.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,568 battles
2 hours ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

God, I hope my wife never sees the number of rounds I have played....

I don't discuss such things with mine either.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,088 posts
6,829 battles

My short term goals are to get the Conqueror and Z52. Only 60,000 xp away from Conq and I’m in the Z23. 

Long term id like to hit a 70% win rate.  I’m presently at 66 and change but I know that with 6,000 battles that may take some time. 

• Cool 1

Members
17,854 posts
5,099 battles

My goal is to have all the ships in WoWS that I owned in NavyField.

Looks like it's happening sooner than I thought, since the last one I need is Baltimore, and I currently have NO.