You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pulicat

Want to MAXIMIZE your FUN levels? READ THIS!

220 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

Everyone always tells me that the results don't matter in this game, as long as you have fun it's ok.

What kind of fun can be had from this kind of mediocrity?

Does the crowd in a comedy show have more fun just laughing than the comedian that pulled off a great show with the jokes he created?

Does the kid who falls off his bike repeatedly learning a trick have more fun than that same kid who pulls it off later?

The clear answer is no. If your stated goal is fun, success should be what you're after.

It takes effort, but the effort is in changing your attitude.

Step 1:

Accept that everything is your fault

This is probably the hardest part. Did you get killed because your allies couldn't spot a ship shooting at you from stealth, or did you get killed because you moved too far up ahead and out of position? Accept responsibility for your actions.

Step 2:

Learn from your mistakes

The key word here is learn. Just because you recognize a mistake, doesn't mean you learned from it. Figure out what would have been better and put it into practice, and not give some lame excuse like 'I forgot'.

Step 3:

Pursue fun through the success of your self improvement.

That's it. I'm not saying you have to be a super unicum ever, but you can strive for it. Set goals, meet them, set new ones. The better you become, the more pride you can take in your result, and the more fun you will get as a result with this attitude.

Many of you I'm sure dislike us intensely because of our antics. That's fine, not everyone will adopt a winning attitude and instead sit on the sidelines casting their distaste. Or they will try to behavior police you because it makes them feel better about themselves. At the end of the day, their opinions of us will mean as little as our personal achievements here. We'll leave here with our success breeding attitude and they will leave with the hot air from their constant finger wagging. 

Do yourself a favor. Don't accept mediocrity in anything, or you may end up accepting mediocrity in everything.

What my fun looks like.

Spoiler

TAfEL9D.jpg

gJ0mRcg.jpg

FvnJPyg.jpg

fBxsqoK.jpg

2pPjc75.jpg

HDG7iYu.jpg

8hYoXwa.jpg

7KeJ6Uq.jpg

hX1ldUd.jpg

4Y3WFvm.jpg

Stay SALTY

• Cool 33

Members
373 posts
5,700 battles

I acknowledge that I mess up a lot, but there are times that this game just absolutely makes it impossible to have fun. 

I am sick of the RNG in this game that seems so one sides. You can not have fun if the game is going against you.

Potato proof BBs are making the game ridiculous at high tier, lets kite and spam HE and if we show our side so be it because the citadel cant be hit. 

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
7 minutes ago, SmokinCAT said:

I acknowledge that I mess up a lot, but there are times that this game just absolutely makes it impossible to have fun. 

I am sick of the RNG in this game that seems so one sides. You can not have fun if the game is going against you.

Potato proof BBs are making the game ridiculous at high tier, lets kite and spam HE and if we show our side so be it because the citadel cant be hit. 

See, thats it right there. Blaming RNG. No, you can't control it, but posting it up as the reason for your troubles gets you nowhere.

• Cool 7

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
3 minutes ago, nothere01 said:

So i can't have fun on a defeat? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I showed you games where the match was a defeat. Are you dumb?

• Cool 4

Members
606 posts
5,422 battles
Just now, Pulicat said:

I just might be, totally overlooked the defeats.

[LRM]
Members
2,540 posts
4,921 battles

I think the description of "Self-determination and responsibility" better fits as the tagline rather than "a winning attitude" but that is just means to an end to describing an otherwise valid point.

Your statistics are, well, yours for a reason. Because YOU made them, so you have control over them. Your actions are your actions. Even when MM deals you a less-than-favorable hand, your guns don't stop working because of it, get out there and shoot the red ships!

• Cool 2

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts
19 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Are you dumb? - You've just thrown away Step 1 - Accept that everything is your fault

You obviously didn't explain yourself well enough and when someone asked a question you answered with hostility. If you Want to MAXIMIZE your FUN levels then please follow your own steps.

Please: Learn from your mistakes

drop the hostility and: Pursue fun through the success of your self improvement :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 12

Members
2,205 posts
6,194 battles
4 minutes ago, nothere01 said:

So i can't have fun on a defeat? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, only salt allowed with defeats :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Are you dumb? - You've just thrown away Step 1 - Accept that everything is your fault

You obviously didn't explain yourself well enough and when someone asked a question you answered with hostility. If you Want to MAXIMIZE your FUN levels then please follow your own steps.

Please: Learn from your mistakes

drop the hostility and: Pursue fun through the success of your self improvement :Smile_honoring:

I can feel how giddy you got from here when you thought about how clever this would be.

• Cool 3

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts
4 hours ago, Pulicat said:

I can feel how giddy you got from here when you thought about how clever this would be.

Nope, just how silly it seemed that you ignore your own guidance.

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 3

[LRM]
Members
2,540 posts
4,921 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Nope, just how sill it seemed that you ignore your own guidance.

Bro, chill, it's just the internet. Like, for real man, no need to get mad at anyone or call someone out. If you think they are wrong, take pleasure in laughing and move on.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Nope, just how sill it seemed that you ignore your own guidance.

Someones misinterpretation is not related to my success.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts

Lol, I am chilled. I just pointed out something that I thought was funny - someone saying 'accept that everything is your fault', and then calling someone else dumb.

Sorry if you didn't get the irony - I thought it was funny.

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 3

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

Someones misinterpretation is not related to my success.

Ahhh, so you are blaming my interpretation?

There goes Step 1 again. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Ahhh, so you are blaming my interpretation?

There goes Step 1 again. :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh i see, you're just taking the heading out of context from the situation it was describing. Pretty dumb.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts
5 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Oh i see, you're just taking the heading out of context from the situation it was describing. Pretty dumb.

Oh no, it's a little more than that. You see you talk about the 'frame of mind' in which people approach the game and how it is best to approach things with 3 easy steps.

I see now that you don't adopt this frame of mind in general and are quite quick to call people dumb when you feel they make a mistake - only problem is, it makes me think it is highly likely you take the same attitude into your games. Which makes me think you are pulling the 'do as I preach - but not what I do'.

Of course, I could be wrong and people reading your reactions on this thread can make their own minds up. (Hey, I REALLY could be wrong lol).

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 8

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles

Not bad, not bad.. However I like my method better

1. Grab beer

2. Load into game

3. Black out

4. Wake up with 9 kills, 295k damage, and every achievement

Edited by MountainManxDan
  • Cool 9

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles

"I have now reigned above fifty years in victory or peace, beloved by my subjects, dreaded by my enemies, and respected by my allies. Riches and honours, power and pleasure, have waited on my call, nor does any earthly blessing appear to have been wanting to my felicity. In this situation, I have diligently numbered the days of pure and genuine happiness which have fallen to my lot: they amount to fourteen." -- Abdalrahman III, ruler of Cordoba, ca. 950 AD

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 3

[CUTER]
Members
674 posts
18,539 battles

<-------owns the title potato

Solid post and good practical advice.  I have learned that my learning curve is a bit steeper than others.  I trudge along at my own slow pace.

Kind of goes with the statement, you cannot control the actions of others, you can only control your own.

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,341 battles

This is what FUN truly looks like.

faa5b56ba9.jpg

The world is burning and I am smiling.