Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
w4spl3g

WG: Can we get a chat ban for clanvertising?

31 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

Please? It's the absolute worst [edited]thing the game. Worse than HE. Worse than Radar. Worse than AP bombs. Worse than the horrendous MM. Why can't they be forced to use the forum or private messages? It's mind [edited].

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
5,200 battles

Does this really bother you that much? Like I hardly notice it because either a. it's not so common, or b. it's usually only mentioned once.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

Yes, it does, and like all of the other problems with this game, it's one which WG created.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

I'd definitely support a rule against clan advertising during games via in-game chat, and yes sometimes it is a bit much (get into game, have 5 clans spamming messages about how they're recruiting).

You know, 'back in the day' it was considered rude to advertise a clan unless it was on the clan's own server (one you owned). Advertising for clans on the servers of others (or public servers) would get you banned. of course this was way before World of Warships, but was common across just about every game. Advertise your clan on a server you didn't own would get you banned. Yes, I miss the good ol' days of gaming!

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin
  • Cool 2

Members
3,406 posts
6,067 battles

Wonder where these messages are - can't remember the last time I saw one.  Seen at most 2 in a game...  Maybe tier x games?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,198 battles

You think WarGaming are going to chat ban guys for clan spamming when they hardly chat ban people at all, no matter what completely unacceptable thigns continuously flow out of peoples mouths... you make me laugh.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
26 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Please? It's the absolute worst [edited]thing the game. Worse than HE. Worse than Radar. Worse than AP bombs. Worse than the horrendous MM. Why can't they be forced to use the forum or private messages? It's mind [edited].

Clan "Advertising" or "Spamming", because there is a big difference. Advertising is fine, its the spamming thats the problem.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
18,667 battles
28 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Take a chill pill and move on with your game life

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
8,406 posts
25,228 battles
16 hours ago, QJW said:

Does this really bother you that much? Like I hardly notice it because either a. it's not so common, or b. it's usually only mentioned once.

Ditto. I never see it.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,472 posts
4,053 battles

In the end, it's just a bit of text on the screen. Nothing more.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Yeah, this is a tough one. It used to get really bad in WoT. Plus the personal message after each match. There were times, when I was in between clans in WoT, where you'd almost spend more time dealing with clan offers than playing. 

It's annoying, but in the end it's just people trying to make their clan better. You can't really censor people for that. 

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
85 posts
3,676 battles

Honestly, i haven't seen it be a huge issue; like other peeps have mentioned, it's usually only during the start of the match and, even then, i don't see it happen that often.  I literally have never seen anyone spam a clan advert, just mention their clan once and people either respond or don't.

The other issue is that, aside from messaging people after games end, there's no other great way to look for members.  Yes, we do have the Team Play sub-forum, but a huge portion of WoWs players never even come on to the forums, so it's not nearly as effective a resource than just talking to peeps in-game.

If it bothers you that much, you can either, as other peeps suggested; mute the player in-game or just nicely ask them to stop, if they're actually spamming xoxo

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

as long as they're not spamming it through the whole match, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. if you run into someone doing that, send a screenshot with a support ticket.

if, however, it's just a bit of text on your screen at the beginning of the match that bothers you that much, you probably have deeper issues beyond your apparent aversion to someone using the chat function to [*gasp*] chat. i recommend therapy.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,643 posts
8,013 battles

Clanvertising isn't really an issue for me. I would like WG to have a function allowing you to block all message from a person who's spamming a F key. 

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,698 battles

Use to see it every now and then prior to clan battles starting, since it has started I have not seen a single one....if someone were to ask politely at the beginning or right before the battle gets going if anyone is interested in joining a clan and then will PM them after the battle with info, its no big deal, its short lived and over with...on the other side if someone is 'spamming' chat with constant clan crap about joining their clan...then it gets irritating, but can also be ignored....just saying.

Members
1,616 posts
9,711 battles
2 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

Yes, it does, and like all of the other problems with this game, it's one which WG created.

Sounds like you are more upset clans exist than anything.  I have almost 2k games since clans were a thing, I have never seen someone post an ad twice ever.  If it bugs you that much just block the person.  Done.

Personally, out of everything in the game to be irritated at I LOL you lose your crapenough to post about it here over a clan ad.

Members
146 posts
2,984 battles

I've not seen any that I would call over the top, usually it seems pretty random in tiers 5-8.  If it is occurring any more often then maybe I'm just too busy for it to register, plenty to occupy my attention anyway.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,575 posts
4,948 battles

I somehow missed this issue. I never see this happening. But out of all the bad things people say this is what bothers you?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

Never seen it happening, and even if I did it not a big deal. Just move on. Report them if it makes you feel better.

[PVE]
Members
5,301 posts
17,730 battles

Actually my experience has been someone asking if a clan is taking people. So far the responses have been mainly "We are, will PM you after the match" (or similar). I used to see clan members saying they were taking members, not so much anymore honestly. 

Sign in to follow this