You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

One of the most disturbing videos I have ever seen.

9 comments in this topic

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,341 battles

"killer robots"

Yeah, lost interest after seeing that link.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,333 battles

what is funny about the video is the Doritos BOLD reporter from the commercials...

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles

Well this is the Hunter-seeker from Frank Herbert's visionary novel Dune... not bad for 1965.

From now on key assassinations will be blamed on *lone-nut assassins" with a drone or hunter-seeker.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Apparently... scientists, researchers, professors ought to have read more when they were younger. Pandora's Box comes to mind. 

I've always wondered why NASA doesn't send oh, ten thousand micro-explorers to the moon or better yet, Mars. The amount of coverage for exploratory missions would be incredible and the cost likely less than the one machine, one shot approach. A fifty percent fail rate still gives you 5,000 explorers. 

Back to this video, I can assure you there are ways to stop them. Small micro-EMP would do it. They now have fly-killing-lasers. They too would do it. Spray foam would stop them. You'd hear them coming so as an initial attempt yea, you'd get a lot of targets down. But believe me, they have much smaller, far more lethal devices out there. Who hasn't seen the latest "Army" ads using a micro helicopter to scout the enemies? How about something like a bee with a stinger to carry biological agents? One sting, you die. Say each one could do ten stings each. Figure they have a 50% survival rate through ten stings. Do the math.

The goal of the next big war will be to remove combatants, protect the infrastructure for use by the invaders, the conquerors. 

[TBW]
Members
6,349 posts
11,894 battles
3 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Well this is the Hunter-seeker from Frank Herbert's visionary novel Dune... not bad for 1965.

From now on key assassinations will be blamed on *lone-nut assassins" with a drone or hunter-seeker.

That's what I told my nephew when he linked it to me. Hunter Seeker.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,338 posts
9,433 battles

One blast of EMP will drop them (and all electronics) within a certain radius.

See Sky-burst nuclear weapons.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
7,974 battles

All I need to see is robots and AI to know it basically goes the terminator route.

It's why we shouldn't really play with this stuff, or at the very least, keep the AI as far away as possible from military technology. I can get not wanting to put soldiers or people in danger, but you make something that can think, and give it a weapon, what's not to say it goes "Why do I have to do this, why do I have to listen to you?" and turns it on you. A modern tech update of "farmers with torches and pitchforks". Sure, launch an EMP, hopefully were not stupid enough to make them EMP resistant, just going to end up crashing everything else about our society because so much is now digitally controlled, even bloody cars.

Somethings man was not meant to mettle with, this and the haydron Collider are things on that list.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,338 posts
9,433 battles
6 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

All I need to see is robots and AI to know it basically goes the terminator route.

It's why we shouldn't really play with this stuff, or at the very least, keep the AI as far away as possible from military technology. I can get not wanting to put soldiers or people in danger, but you make something that can think, and give it a weapon, what's not to say it goes "Why do I have to do this, why do I have to listen to you?" and turns it on you. A modern tech update of "farmers with torches and pitchforks". Sure, launch an EMP, hopefully were not stupid enough to make them EMP resistant, just going to end up crashing everything else about our society because so much is now digitally controlled, even bloody cars.

Somethings man was not meant to mettle with, this and the haydron Collider are things on that list.

Occurs to me that fake eyeglasses and a moustache from the Dollar Bargain store would fool these things.  Or even a smear of mud across your face.
And at that size, battery life is limited to less than 10 minutes.  So toss a brown paper bag over your head and walk around as the 'Unknown Comic' till they die off.