You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warpath_33

Get Ready for Pan-Asia stage 4

37 comments in this topic

warpath_33    122

When you do this and still can't get 2000 flooding damage... and I flooded a North Carolina to death in my Akatsuki just before unlocking this mission too.

:Smile-angry:

shot-17.11.19_12.38.59-0226.jpg

shot-17.11.19_12.38.56-0572.jpg

Lert    16,391

Trigger people to use their DCP before you torpedo them by setting them on fire or choose targets that have recently put flooding / fire out. I got this in one battle with Blyskawica by setting someone on two fires, he put them out, then I put a torpedo into him.

• Cool 1

warpath_33    122

The problem I had that game was that targets I hit were either fresh and popped damage control or were low enough on hp that my torpedoes outright sank them.

pufek    57

I still need to get that one, probably il finish swearing like a dog before succeed .:Smile_sceptic:

warpath_33    122

Here are my destroyers, tips for those please?

Akatsuki

Mutsuki

Hatsuharu

Gaede

Clemson

Podvoisky 

I used my Shima. got it first try. ( Very lucky) was really dreading this one. Try using one of the KM DD's Fast reload low damage

Edited by nightrider760

pmgaudio    3,492

IIRC I think I got mine... I actually dont remember but the mission is no longer there to I guess I did lol... My Kagero has been on fire lately.... running torp reload boost module and keeping the guns quiet..... IJNs get a bad rap but play them like I used to a year and a half ago, and they really do a lot of stuff

Cooper_Capt    39

Agree this one is tricky.    There is no "right" ship, just pick your favorite.  

hangglide42    275
1 hour ago, warpath_33 said:

Akatsuki

Mutsuki

Hatsuharu

Gaede

Clemson

Podvoisky 

Lert hit the nail on the head w/ this one - the trick to clearing the flooding requirement is to torp a target that has just used their damage control.   Apart from this, 2-4 torp hits in a game should get you the base damage requirement for this w/ any of these DDs.   

In my case, I might use either of the 2 following DDs:

Akatsuki - the 3x3 torp launcher on this ship allows you to break up your torp salvos by using only 1 or 2 of your launchers, get the initial flood, force repair, then hit them again w/ torps from the remaining launcher, hopefully getting a second flood.

Gaede - I used the 150’s on this ship.  Tho they have slower rate of fire than the 128’s, they have a much better fire chance (& are nasty if cruisers give you their broadside).  I would try to light a fire first & force dam con, then use my torps to get the perma flooding.

(I used a Kami-R to clear this requirement - similar tactics to the Akatsuki, but w/ 2 torps per launcher & a much quicker reload w/ adrenaline rush)

Edited by hangglide42

Vaidency    372

Yeah, it's not about the right ship.  It's about finding the right situation.

I got it in my Fletcher by launching torpedoes at a bow-on Montana that was trying to reverse out of being focus fired by three allies.  I knew there was a good chance he'd already used his DCP since he was being showered with HE.

Khafni    654

I tend to eat all my meal when using DD's. After flailing awhile trying to make it work I succeded with Duca D'Aosta. Those nearly invisible, long range torps always find a target. This time I lit some fires followed shortly by a torp into a Bayern then came around the island and finished her off with two more torps. Exactly 20k damage and 3700 flooding.

MajorRenegade    4,280

this is why I don't blindly fire all of my torpedoes at once. I just fire one at a time, at each target. Or sometime on the same target, forcing them to use their repairs. Only to get flooding 20 second later

Sweetsie    268

Use German DD's for the fast reload, suicide if necessary but that fast reload on torp reload is the key.

Its like me and the "Get 2 cits" daily challenge. I get 1 cit easily and then every AP volly from there either overpens or just regular pens. Can't get that second citadel to save my life. The only ones where I do manage the 2 cits are the games where I lose, and did I mention you have to win the match to reap the rewards? Its funny. When you're not trying to do something that you tend to normally do fairly easily without even thinking, and then when you actively try to do that same thing you cant for the life of you

warpath_33    122

I'm getting flashbacks to the British BB mission that required to kill 5 BBs without using BBs.

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, warpath_33 said:

Akatsuki

Mutsuki

Hatsuharu

Gaede

Clemson

Podvoisky 

Don't use Clemson.  This mission series requires Tier V.

Any of the others can work.

Don't send multiple launchers at the same time.  Wait at least 45 seconds to send the next.  Rinse, repeat.

As mentioned above, wait for a ship that has put out a fire and strike.

Not in your list, but RN CL or DD can single launch which can also help.

Finally, if you still have the stock torp and they are too bad otherwise, you can use their lower (usually) damage to enhance the likelihood of flooding without immediate death.

warpath_33    122
2 minutes ago, Jarink said:

*yawn*

Honestly, I'm only doing the missions for the commander xp and the fact that the tier 7 is as close as we'll get to RN destroyers this year.

slokill_1    65

No kidding! 

As someone who failed their way to the Gearing the only time I play DD is for these types of missions.  Kami R, Shinonome, Benson, Fletcher, Gearing - no joy.

Then right back through them again.  And again.  And again.  OMFG. 

Finally got it on my 2nd or 3rd day of it, on and off, a couple hours ago.