Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mavrick101a

Aircraft response for Air Defense

3 comments in this topic

[PHD]
[PHD]
Beta Testers
47 posts
1,520 battles

I have noticed at ships with main guns, AA are shooting down more planes. While playing on the public test I noticed there is major problems AA and Fighters caps deployed for carriers are not engaging incoming aircraft attacks. They are just allowing unrelenting Dive Bombing and Torps Bombing with out engaging. This needs to be fixed. CVs are sitting ducks out there, plus the bots are deadly and the players planes can't the right side of a barn!!! Players have to many tasks going on upper tiers  to individually target each group coming in. this making defending the carrier totally impossible. We need some kind of task orders for AA and Fighters to defend ships while we are attacking other ships. All AA on ships have no Defend orders to defend your ship while your fire guns or assigning aircraft to attacks run. We need AA defense orders and Aircraft Cap Orders for the bots to engage attacking planes as long as the gaming is programing for bots to fly planes and fire AA and Secondary Guns. Other wise let the players fly planes and use AA and Secondary Guns. I had 3 IJN Squadrons of Fighter up and not one engaged incoming fighter nor did my AA fire at planes.  The only way to engage this I have to send fighters so the ship fire at them instead of my bombers. This is an Awesome Improvement. But my useless AA leaves my carrier a sitting duck with no defense. US carriers are worse. I can send 3 squadrons of IJN Fighters and tell them to attack aircraft but still attacking aircraft make it thru and Bombing me. 1 squadron against 3 squadrons and I still get bombed and sunk. That should not happen. I am playing tiers 7 and 8!! Carriers do have AA in the upper tiers.

[HINON]
Members
8,818 posts

Unless you hit P to turn off your AA or it's all been blown up (unlikely) your AA will fire automatically at planes as they come in range. Designating a target though will focus the AA on that target and provide a damage boost.  You need to learn how to use strafing to beat up the enemy planes with your fighters, hold down alt, left click where you want it, and watch them melt planes with the strafe.

Edited by RipNuN2

Sign in to follow this