Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
New_Horizontal

So, Some change coming to Colorado next patch?

90 comments in this topic

One of the latest post on SEA group on yesterday showed some balance change. You could go read there.

https://sea-group.org/?p=3703&lang=en

and one change come into my eyes 

Colorado
- Hitpoint on B Hull increased from 50100 to 59300, and no change to her Repair Party.
- Her main gun accuracy is adjusted to 1.9σ from 1.8σ (Hull A) and 2.0σ(Hull B), respectively.

Let just say she got HP buffed but she trade with some accuracy when she fully upgraded. 
let's discus if this is what she really needed or not?

Pulicat    2,230

I never really had a problem with Colorado and rather enjoyed it. I can see the health being a problem for some, since not everyone understands not to broadside. 

• Cool 1

Azumazi    1,079

Wait, did I just read a 2.0 Sigma increase for Hull B and 9k more HP? Awww man, going to make me want to buy my Colorado back with better accuracy and more hp while keeping that superior repair party.

Pulicat    2,230
3 minutes ago, Azumazi said:

Wait, did I just read a 2.0 Sigma increase for Hull B and 9k more HP? Awww man, going to make me want to buy my Colorado back with better accuracy and more hp while keeping that superior repair party.

Hull A has 1.8 and hull B has 2.0 right now. They are both being changed to 1.9.

• Cool 2

Azumazi    1,079

Ahh, okay I read that wrong. I haven't been in the Colorado in a while but I do remember finishing it with around a 1450 wtr. It was actually a rather enjoyable ship in my opinion.

Lionel92    200

Colorado was just fine; even before the last buff she got :)

Liked her in the beta too; still miss her, maybe I buy her back ^^

• Cool 1

Azumazi    1,079

The only other thing it could use is some more/better secondaries. After they gave Gnei that crazy set of 11x dual 5'' gun systems I was like "Okay, now you have zero reason to not give us either Maryland or West Virginia remodel's".

Iridium81    98

They aren't addressing the primary issue I had with the Colorado; speed.  It is still a 21kt standard BB in a 27kt+ world.

• Cool 1

KaptainKaybe    348

But no change to her repair party. So same amount heal, regardless of her total hit points. Which means that her *effective* hp is only 9k higher.

Not sure that's worth the loss of accuracy.

IronWolfV    6,632

The only other thing it could use is some more/better secondaries. After they gave Gnei that crazy set of 11x dual 5'' gun systems I was like "Okay, now you have zero reason to not give us either Maryland or West Virginia remodel's".

Amen. At a minimum she should get Maryland.

3 minutes ago, Iridium81 said:

They aren't addressing the primary issue I had with the Colorado; speed.  It is still a 21kt standard BB in a 27kt+ world.

Yeah that nevef changed in the BBs lifetime. Don't expect her to get faster.

Azumazi    1,079

Top speed really can't be touched, but I wouldn't mind them possibly making her accelerate faster giving her some better ability to adjust speeds in battle.

Iridium81    98
Just now, IronWolfV said:

Amen. At a minimum she should get Maryland.

Yeah that nevef changed in the BBs lifetime. Don't expect her to get faster.

Not suggesting that, merely stating that Colorado is misplaced at tier 7 because of that alone.  Maps are larger, and mobility is a whole lot more effective in terms of survivability than 9k HP.

IronWolfV    6,632
1 minute ago, Iridium81 said:

Not suggesting that, merely stating that Colorado is misplaced at tier 7 because of that alone.  Maps are larger, and mobility is a whole lot more effective in terms of survivability than 9k HP.

Take her out, what can replace her? Anything built after her is already tier 8+ quality, anything her time or before is her speed. Unless you want to bring Lexingtion BC in. And I have zero issues with that.

Azumazi    1,079
4 minutes ago, Iridium81 said:

Where do you expect her to go? She's got hard hitting 16'' guns and unlike Mutsu at tier 6, Colorado has better armor.

Also what do you expect to have at tier 7? The Original South Dakota class of 1920? Because even that only hits 23 knots. Or would you just prefer to have the Lexington class Battlecruiser there?

Edit: and wolf got the BC question in before me, lol

Iridium81    98
3 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Take her out, what can replace her? Anything built after her is already tier 8+ quality, anything her time or before is her speed. Unless you want to bring Lexingtion BC in. And I have zero issues with that.

I wouldn't mind that either, you'd have to give Lexington a fantasy AAA rebuild akin to the standards post pearl harbor, but it could work.

TheDreadnought    701

No Lexington in the tree!   That's a premium ship.  Colorado just needs a West Virginia hull as her final upgrade and the poor 5"/38 needs to be un-nerfed.

• Cool 1

IronWolfV    6,632

Where do you expect her to go? She's got hard hitting 16'' guns and unlike Mutsu at tier 6, Colorado has better armor.

Also what do you expect to have at tier 7? The Original South Dakota class of 1920? Because even that only hits 23 knots. Or would you just prefer to have the Lexington class Battlecruiser there?

Edit: and wolf got the BC question in before me, lol

Well I've wanted to see Lexington BC since ever.

• Cool 2

IronWolfV    6,632
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

No Lexington in the tree!   That's a premium ship.  Colorado just needs a West Virginia hull as her final upgrade and the poor 5"/38 needs to be un-nerfed.

Still doesn't help the speed of the old girl.

Azumazi    1,079
Just now, IronWolfV said:

You and me both since they originally announced back in Alpha the 2 BB lines for IJN and USN with a fast and slow bb line.

Taichunger    1,947
16 hours ago, Azumazi said:

Me too, if this is for real. Those guns hit like trucks, and the B hull is nimble and has good AA

Akeno017    78
1 minute ago, IronWolfV said:

Is that the BC design that's like double the length of any T9+ battleship?

Because that's an insta-get for me.

IronWolfV    6,632
Just now, Akeno017 said:

Is that the BC design that's like double the length of any T9+ battleship?

Because that's an insta-get for me.

Not quite but lex is just about as long as Iowa.  Lexington BC was to come in at 874ft and Iowa came in 887ft overall.

Sign in to follow this