You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

State of World of Warships poll

Thumbs up or Thumbs down.  

78 members have voted

1. 1. The state of the game itself.

• Thumbs up
    • Thumbs down
  2. 2. The state of the wows forum

• Thumbs up
    • Thumbs down

34 comments in this topic

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

Just getting a quick and simple pulse of the player base. No diluting with multiple choices here are you satisfied or not?

One of the problems with surveys that have a 1-5 scale is the tendency to look at a constant rating 3 and say things are ok. You sometimes just have to ask binary questions to get the real answer. 

Edited by GreyFox78659

[O_O]
Members
4,335 posts
9,298 battles

By the poll results (only 1 vote so far, thumbs down on both), I assume you don't like the game, don't like the forum, and are seeking confirmation.

What is the point of this, exactly?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,725 posts
11,347 battles

The game is ultimately great, sure there are some issues but I still play and enjoy.

Same with the forums, I enjoy it and still participate. The trolls and annoying posters exists but they are still a minority.

Just wish there was some way the a whinny 'i quit' thread could be enforced lol

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

By the poll results (only 1 vote so far, thumbs down on both), I assume you don't like the game, don't like the forum, and are seeking confirmation.

What is the point of this, exactly?

Nope I haven’t voted. Thank you for the positive up building comment though.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

yes. i, too, think that we should rename one of the states as World of Warships. maybe Hawaii?

Edited by MidnightShamalan

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

I can peek periodically at the voters to see who is voting which way. That was why I created this poll. So far a bunch testers and elite regulars think the forum is thumbs up with thumbs down populated by normal players. That would be signs of elite suppression or a vocal minority skewing the poll. This may change later on so I will check back.

That BTW is confirmation bias in action. Also explains the state of World of Warships forum. Good news is the game itself seems fine. 

Edited by GreyFox78659

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

Yeah looking like if removed the elites from the polls it would be depressing I hope I get a better sample.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

K.I.S.S.

The irony is simple polls tend to show more complex results when looking into whose is voting not just the overall votes. If you look at the information shown things look fine but when you see who is voting and who is not voting the picture changes. Sadly the information doesn’t look good for the future of the forum and by extension the game which relies on the forum for input. 

I am seeing an elite group of gamers controlling the ear of WG as they are trying the same thing here and the normal player base is being drowned out. This phenomenon usually precedes a slow decline of a game into obscurity as the game becomes less welcoming to new blood and the elites get tired of having to fight each other. (Truth is new blood is how elites keep their amazing win rates up with that gone someone (other elites) have to start losing more to make up for it. Which in turn makes the game even more uninviting to new blood) Anyways I had an idea I was going to float but this poll tells me that it will fall on deaf ears and or not reach the target audience here.

Trying to decide how to proceed with it anyways outside the forum.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,864 battles

Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of grinding towards a certain ship, then grinding out her captain skills, only to have WG make changes to the game a patch or two later that make either the ship itself, the ship's module build, or the captain's build, obsolete.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,338 posts
9,433 battles
37 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

The irony is simple polls tend to show more complex results when looking into whose is voting not just the overall votes. If you look at the information shown things look fine but when you see who is voting and who is not voting the picture changes. Sadly the information doesn’t look good for the future of the forum and by extension the game which relies on the forum for input. 

I am seeing an elite group of gamers controlling the ear of WG as they are trying the same thing here and the normal player base is being drowned out. This phenomenon usually precedes a slow decline of a game into obscurity as the game becomes less welcoming to new blood and the elites get tired of having to fight each other. (Truth is new blood is how elites keep their amazing win rates up with that gone someone (other elites) have to start losing more to make up for it. Which in turn makes the game even more uninviting to new blood) Anyways I had an idea I was going to float but this poll tells me that it will fall on deaf ears and or not reach the target audience here.

Trying to decide how to proceed with it anyways outside the forum.

I have some concern over what they will do to those of us whose ports are saturated.

I see they offered to buy back ships..  That's a bit disturbing.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

I am not so much worried about that as toxic players and trolls that seem to be protected by Wargaming. 

I was tempted to start an offsite watchdog group tracking them. I have decided to change tactics this data is interesting and I might do PM interviews to see if certain things I am seeing bare fruit. I might just write a state of the community report instead.

I voted Thumbs up to the game, and Thumbs down to the forum. I am seeing a trend mimicking my opinion is similar to more or less casual looking players in the poll. 

Thumbs down to the game is populated by elites. Thumbs down to the forum is populated by casual players.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
2 minutes ago, StingRayOne said:

you should have added a vote for toxicity levels in both cases +1/+1

I will start another poll.

• Cool 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
4 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I will start another poll.

Will look out for your new poll.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
3 hours ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

The glass is half full folks

Some people just prefer seeing the glass as half empty.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
4 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Thank you for the link.:Smile_honoring:

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

Please answer both polls I am about to hit a busy spell at work. So I will check back during thanksgiving and write my report Friday, I hope.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
32 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

What exactly makes you an "Elite" poster that you keep referencing?

1vZ8tpO.gif

Connections much like being an elite everywhere else in life. Being an elite isn't bad think Bruce Wayne/Batman. It can be if it start stomping on the little guys to get your way, Think bad politicians and bad nobility.

Members
12 posts
380 battles

i voted thumbs down, I'm new to the game but not new to the world of series, but in my push to tier 6 in IJN it's been clear this game is fairly mediocre.

CV gameplay is horrible, at least WG admits this and is working on it but it seems like it's been a big issue for a while now and there's still no clear course being laid out which is worrysome

BBs are just way way way to strong, range, accurate, a ton of HP, bunch of armor and heals,  I could see if like the repair module was a damage reduction module that helped them when focused for a time but there is just to much in favor of BBs and it shows with how many BBs are in EVERY match

CAs on the converse are far to fragile, super easy to citadel, still large, not terribly fast but decently agile. Still when a CA exposes himself and all the BBs stop shooting enemy BBs to get the easy CA kill? Yeah.. CA's need some buffs.

DDs Super polarizing gameplay, but my mine gripe so far has been the IJN line, I wouldn't mind the terrible guns if the torpedoes where worth a damn, but the Mutsuki is beyond frustrating, those torpedoes are visable from so far away and my guns are utter trash.

HE spam, HE spam again is just to good, but on the converse with BBs being OP and so prevalent in the game, how can you nerf HE spam which is the only option to burn em down?

other minor gripe: the perm destruction of weapons, the first time it happened I was like ooh wow that's cool, had no idea it was possible, lost one of my guns on my Fuso. 2nd time it happened? yeah one of my TWO torpedo launchers on my Mutsuki.. god that was friggin horrible, you can't do anything in a Mutsuki with 1 launcher.

Overall if there was warship competition (coughwarthundercough) I'd ditch this game.

Edited by Winters_night

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
10 minutes ago, Winters_night said:

i voted thumbs down, I'm new to the game but not new to the world of series, but in my push to tier 6 in IJN it's been clear this game is fairly mediocre.

CV gameplay is horrible, at least WG admits this and is working on it but it seems like it's been a big issue for a while now and there's still no clear course being laid out which is worrysome

BBs are just way way way to strong, range, accurate, a ton of HP, bunch of armor and heals,  I could see if like the repair module was a damage reduction module that helped them when focused for a time but there is just to much in favor of BBs and it shows with how many BBs are in EVERY match

CAs on the converse are far to fragile, super easy to citadel, still large, not terribly fast but decently agile. Still when a CA exposes himself and all the BBs stop shooting enemy BBs to get the easy CA kill? Yeah.. CA's need some buffs.

DDs Super polarizing gameplay, but my mine gripe so far has been the IJN line, I wouldn't mind the terrible guns if the torpedoes where worth a damn, but the Mutsuki is beyond frustrating, those torpedoes are visable from so far away and my guns are utter trash.

HE spam, HE spam again is just to good, but on the converse with BBs being OP and so prevalent in the game, how can you nerf HE spam which is the only option to burn em down?

other minor gripe: the perm destruction of weapons, the first time it happened I was like ooh wow that's cool, had no idea it was possible, lost one of my guns on my Fuso. 2nd time it happened? yeah one of my TWO torpedo launchers on my Mutsuki.. god that was friggin horrible, you can't do anything in a Mutsuki with 1 launcher.

Overall if there was warship competition (coughwarthundercough) I'd ditch this game.

OMG dude I would run for the hills your going to so get trolled for saying what lots of people have only to be shut down.:Smile_hiding: 

Btw I had a similar case on my tier 5 French cruiser both front turrets were destroyed in two separate matches. I used a lot of free Xp to make it never happened again

Edited by GreyFox78659

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
17 minutes ago, Winters_night said:

The rest of the post was fine.

I understand your frustration for IJN DD's but this :Smile_great:

Deserves a slow clap...

source.gif.5239ba1d54d24017d9d4fd953b2eb8af.gif

Edited by Silver_kun