You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

Nerf HE an everything above 130mm.

72 comments in this topic

[115TH]
Beta Testers
256 posts

Seriously... HE NEEEEEEDS to be nerfed. Sure, I dont agree with DD's having such powerful HE, but I understand the argument of them needing to do damage. But nerf it on every gun above 130mm. I just got into a fight with a Hindy in my Yammy. He spams HE from his front guns, I mash him with AP.  If my guns even hit, I was lucky to do 1500 damage. His average hit was 2k+ and he could hit three times to my one. Best hit I got on him was for 6k once and about 50% of my shots missed. 

So, nerf HE across all tiers, if its above 130mm then nerf it. And also make APHE only an option on guns below or at 130mm.

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,226 battles

In your example, OP, if you had had better hits you likely would or might have deleted that Hindenburg.

However, I agree with your general observation. HE is overused and does require, imho, a slight nerf across the board.

• Cool 1

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

Counter suggestion:  Let's not do a blanket nerf to all cruisers while they are still outnumbered by battleships in about 98% of games.

• Cool 25

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts

No, no it doesn't. Troll post maybe?

Torpedoes, with a 6-10% average hit rate, have already been diminished in game so the addition of DOT with fire is required to maintain damage potential/balance.

Sure some ships may require a reduction in fire chance - but then again some probably need a reduction in torpedo belt armour (especially with the torpedo hit rate), or maybe reduce the effectiveness of heals?

To lower DOT (fire chance) across the game is a bad idea IMO. :Smile_honoring:

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,115 battles

LOL but in the time span that cruiser burns you just a small amount you only need one well placed volley to obliterate him in your yamato...so no.

Just spec for survivability if you hate fire that much.

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,564 battles

I also love how this is a middle finger to French DDs and their 139mm guns before they're even announced.  (Yeah, if you ever wondered why AFT and BFT affect guns up to 139mm, now you know.)

• Cool 1

[RIPQP]
Beta Testers
895 posts
11,683 battles

hindenberg is just all forms of ridiculous right now

HE is fine

Case and point: Typhoon 1 clan wars kiting hindenberg vs montana

Spoiler

4nZcHXU.jpg

Edited by Happy_Thoughts

[PIZZA]
Members
712 posts
7,920 battles
35 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

Seriously... HE NEEEEEEDS to be nerfed. Sure, I dont agree with DD's having such powerful HE, but I understand the argument of them needing to do damage. But nerf it on every gun above 130mm. I just got into a fight with a Hindy in my Yammy. He spams HE from his front guns, I mash him with AP.  If my guns even hit, I was lucky to do 1500 damage. His average hit was 2k+ and he could hit three times to my one. Best hit I got on him was for 6k once and about 50% of my shots missed. 

So, nerf HE across all tiers, if its above 130mm then nerf it. And also make APHE only an option on guns below or at 130mm.

Why just to say "remove cruisers from game"? 

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
54 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

Try aiming better. An alpha of "2k+" Is nothing compared to Yamato's maximum alpha of 133200...... You did minimal damage because you missed the citadel and armor belt entirely and instead hit lightly armored areas, causing you to overpen. Learn to play better instead of just crying for nerfs just because someone outplayed you.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,437 posts
4,076 battles

While HE is a low-skill option, for a lot of ships it can be the only option to deal gun damage against heavier foes. While I personally think that IFHE needs looked at, HE shells in general don't need nerfed. You just need to put the salt back in the shaker and learn how to play better.

• Cool 2

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, Rekkoff said:

Hehe oh man, I cant even begin to tell you how much thats not going to happen. Stop spamming battleships, and try playing CAs and DDs. All of a sudden HE will become your lifeline. Maybe then you'll understand.

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,747 battles

Don't chase a kiting Hindenburg. Don't allow a Hindenburg to continuously spam you. 

Problem solved. 

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
14,371 posts
10,239 battles

As a Yamato, you have every single advantage over a Hindenburg that you can get.

460mm shells to overmatch Hindenburg's 30mm hull plating? You have it

60mm deck armor to prevent Hindenburg's 203mm shells from penetrating? You have it

2.1 sigma to get excellent shot grouping? You have it.

• Cool 2

[STW-N]
Beta Testers
1,063 posts
10,621 battles
1 hour ago, _V12 said:

"HE is op" -battleship player

A tale as old as time. 

At least this time it wasn't DDs are OP

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,112 battles
1 hour ago, Speedstang said:

Try aiming better. An alpha of "2k+" Is nothing compared to Yamato's maximum alpha of 133200...... You did minimal damage because you missed the citadel and armor belt entirely and instead hit lightly armored areas, causing you to overpen. Learn to play better instead of just crying for nerfs just because someone outplayed you.

good luck hitting a citadel on a bow on angled hindenburg from mid to close range.

[SYN]
Members
14,371 posts
10,239 battles
36 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

good luck hitting a citadel on a bow on angled hindenburg from mid to close range.

you don't have to.

get 6 penetration hits and it's 20k dmg, which is easy, considering Hindenburger eats penetration damage quite often.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,045 battles

Wow Battleship complaining about HE again. 

*insert git gud meme* 

• Cool 2

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

In my opinion, as much as I don't want to agree, I do agree. HE's "Explosive" damage needs to be looked at overall.

Now, this opinion comes from someone who primaries now as a DD player, secondary as a BB player, and also plays IJN Cruisers. I mention the IJN Cruisers specifically as HE is their main damage type.

My main gripe is that the actual damage from HE overall is just over the top. This is especially noticeable when a near miss of HE can detonate a Destroyer from fragmentation alone causing in effect 0 damage to the ship but set off the ammo rack. It sucks and it's part of the game, but that mechanic overall is one that only DD's suffer from.

Now, I'm going to mention a specific ship, the Myoko. I can with ease, lay 6-8k salvo's into enemy BB's superstructures. This isn't including the fire damage. This includes pretty much all BB's from tier 6-9. Now, what do I think needs to actually happen? Saturation damage based on area needs to be looked at again. I don't want the actual shells damage being nerfed, I want the ability to do constant damage to one section and barely having to switch areas for a prolonged period of time to be reduced. I want to be forced to have to aim more at the bow or stern after hitting that superstructure to spread out the HE damage instead of just point and click midships and rake in the damage outside of fires. Sure, there is saturation but generally with focused damage it's hard to reach that threshold.

I also at the same time want to see Cruisers in general get reduced fuse times on their AP shells so that they do better damage to all targets including BB's so that they have the option to hit that same superstructure with AP and do decent damage much akin to how the UK Cruisers operate but only let the German Cruisers have better AP/overmatch characteristics. This would make it more acceptable to use AP in more situations for Cruisers vs larger targets.

Overall, I think it's worth testing.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles

Oh vey. If you couldn't take out a Hindenburg with a Yamato all I'm going to say is:

e9ICher.jpg

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,856 battles

HE causes too much damage: NERF HE!!

Torpedoes do too much damage: NERF TORPS!!

CV's are too powerful: NERF CV's!!

Smoke is too powerful: NERF SMOKE!!

ETC!!, ETC!!, ETC!!,

or

Whining is too powerful in this game. Everytime some precious little snowflake gets himself deleted by doing something stupid; he runs to the Forum and whines like a siren and *POOF* something else in this game gets wrecked:

NERF WHINING!!

(you choose)

• Cool 5