Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

RIP Malcolm Young

5 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
4,699 posts
2,401 battles

I would have posted this earlier, but I was working all day.

Malcolm Young, the rythym guitarist and co-founder of AC/DC passed away earlier today after a battle with dementia. He was only 64.

Personally, AC/DC was the first band that got me into rock n' roll. I'd heard them after watching the Iron Man movies and I was hooked. To this day they remain one of my all-time favourites.

2017 needs to stop taking such great artists from us. First Tom Petty, then Gord Downie (which I'm still crying about), and now Malcolm Young.

• Cool 3

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles

I grew up with them in my early teens and had just about every album.... my best friend was an even bigger fan, and our band played a dozen or so songs....I have been in deep sadness all day after learning this... he was  a GREAT guy and being responsible for one of the greatest bands to ever Rock Our Radios....
sad day indeed....

2017 is not looking any better whatsoever than last year...and David Cassidy looks to be next ( I mean yeah its David Cassidy, but still... I watched the Partridge family all the time)

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,372 posts
7,951 battles

My dad played oldies stations when I was a kid so I was listening to them back in the early 90's. Honestly, between last year and this year between musicians and actors the amount of suck at losses is blending in.

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,257 battles

I feel there is no better tribute than to hear an AC/DC cover from a band in Finland. Malcolm Young and AC/DC created something that mostly likely live in earth's culture for a very long time, if not all time (if I may be a bit hyperbolic)

Edited by DeadMeat_015

Sign in to follow this