Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dseehafer

Bug? Disappearing/non-rendering objects at max zoom

6 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Greetings all,

I've been noticing for some time now that certain ships have objects on-board that either do not render at all or only partly render at max zoom. And yes, before you ask, my object lod is maxed, render small objects is on, etc... so it's not on behalf of my graphics settings. I have no zoom mods either.

Oddly enough, this only occurs for certain ships. Most don't appear to be affected. I'll show off two ships that I've found to have these problems...

First Aoba. Look at her dual-purpose secondary turrets, notice the big hole in the face of the turret for the rangefinders...

Mv2kflz.jpg

Zoom out all the way and the turret model is over-simplified, the holes disappear altogether!

WdKDfFM.jpg

Next up is Giulio Cesare. See the fence that borders her entire deck?

Al2NkpS.jpg

Zoom out all the way and the fence (as well as other small objects on deck) disappear completely!

8U95xKA.jpg

Anyways this has been bugging me for a while. Just thought I'd tell somebody...

[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,275 battles

I noticed this too, but I think it's intentional. Its common for 3d games to render things less as you are far away from the object so that it don't induce lag over details that's otherwise unnoticeable.

I do wish they would had longer rendering distance settings.

Try looking into LOD's for more details on that.

Edited by JB_24

Members
3,406 posts
6,067 battles

Zooming out and rendering all of the small stuff would really tax the video card especially those of us not running current video cards.  Not to mention - on most monitors you just are not going to see the detail.  I literally can't see the differences int eh screenshots - they just are not big enough or I really do not know what to look for.

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,321 battles

You got ship models then you got the lods.

It's to optimize game speed, removing objects they think you wont notice to provide a better game experience overall.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

You guys, I'm aware of how rendering works and yadaya... The point is MOST ships aren't affected by this. Only a very small handful of ships. This tells me it's not intentional. If it was, then the fences (for example) would disappear on all ships at max zoom, but they don't disappear on most ships. That's my point.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
3,845 battles

Just a small nitpick...they are rails or railing, not fences. Over all though, I see your point. It is an interesting find.

Sign in to follow this