You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Slntreaper

Did Windows update break WoWs?

4 comments in this topic

[KENT]
Members
481 posts
3,039 battles

When I hit launch, the process shows up in my Task manager, but I never actually see the game client itself.  Did it break?

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
16 minutes ago, Slntreaper said:

When I hit launch, the process shows up in my Task manager, but I never actually see the game client itself.  Did it break?

which video card are you using, and which version of the driver do you have installed? there are some windows 10 updates that affect graphics that are not working with older (even 2 month old) video drivers from radeon. you can roll back the updates for a while, but sooner or later you will have to find the newest drivers to get WoWs to run.

Members
136 posts
7,653 battles

Win10 Fall Creators Update? This happened to me last month. Ended up replacing the video driver (also addressed missing menu), starting up in Safe Mode w/ Networking, then launching the game. Get out, restart Windows in Normal mode.

[TWE]
Members
97 posts
1,158 battles
On 11/18/2017 at 11:06 PM, minor_correction said:

Win10 Fall Creators Update? This happened to me last month. Ended up replacing the video driver (also addressed missing menu), starting up in Safe Mode w/ Networking, then launching the game. Get out, restart Windows in Normal mode.

Glad I didn't install that.. I've heard nothing but trouble for that.. from other friends (playing different games of course)