You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronWolfV

I have become one of the dirty warriors.

27 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,423 battles

dlnmLAE.jpg

I have done it. I got me a Khab. First battle was a win. Only did 55k dmg, and sunk a low health Des Moines. She's fast, she's fun

and with a heal she can take a beating. Good thing this ship won't be getting the long range mod, or OP as hell she'd be. But here's my

third done. Probably my Ibuki or FDG is next.

• Cool 4

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I find ibuki grind to be easier than FDG, but I am almost done with FDG now.     fdg stock grind was horrid, but usable once hull and speed upgraded

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,423 battles
6 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

The Khab days are long gone at this point. 

She's still a good ship.

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

I am at crossroads with Khaba.  I have pretty decent stats with Uldaloi, Loyang, Blyskawica, but I suck with Khaba.  It seems to be a pretty great light cruiser, but it sucks at doing DD tasks.  Which would not be such a problem if there was some role based MM selection, like WG did with tanks recently.  So MM robs your team of one “real” DD and swaps it for a specialized cruiser without citadel.  If enemy team ends up with 3 “real” destroyers, but you only have 2 on your team and one of them is Khaba, your team will be starting off at disadvantage...

Edited by Veksha

Alpha Tester
4,720 posts
2,408 battles

Me whenever I see a Khabby on the enemy team within gun range.

tumblr_oyunxhBLOe1wdcvuqo3_500.gif.d07e702d3262fc9f7003455db3753802.gif

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
1 hour ago, IronWolfV said:

dlnmLAE.jpg

I have done it. I got me a Khab. First battle was a win. Only did 55k dmg, and sunk a low health Des Moines. She's fast, she's fun

and with a heal she can take a beating. Good thing this ship won't be getting the long range mod, or OP as hell she'd be. But here's my

third done. Probably my Ibuki or FDG is next.

Congrats, wolf. She's a ton of fun. That grind has some highs and lows, so it's always good when it ends on a high note. 

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
46 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

The Khab days are long gone at this point. 

I see what you did there.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,856 battles

Congrats IronWolfV! I stopped at Ognevoi in that line. No urges right now to pick it up again, either. Maybe someday...

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

It's certainly not as easy as some folks say it is. More people are learning how to lead on Khab and its speed draws it in easy hitting range very quickly if you're not careful. But if you're good on your AWSD keys and stay out of about 11km... you should enjoy it. 

If I may ask... how did you equip it? How about captain skills? 

Share! Share!

Members
2,092 posts
8,093 battles
1 minute ago, ENO75 said:

It's certainly not as easy as some folks say it is. More people are learning how to lead on Khab and its speed draws it in easy hitting range very quickly if you're not careful. But if you're good on your AWSD keys and stay out of about 11km... you should enjoy it. 

Share! Share!

The basics is just take any skill or module that enhances the performance of the guns. If you have an Engine Boost mod that you have lying around, equip it, as well as premium consumables. Also equip both rudder shift mods 2 and 3. As for the captain, avoid IFHE. Only take AFT from the 4th row, because thats all you need. Rest is up to you in the end.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 hour ago, FireAndHEspam said:

The basics is just take any skill or module that enhances the performance of the guns. If you have an Engine Boost mod that you have lying around, equip it, as well as premium consumables. Also equip both rudder shift mods 2 and 3. As for the captain, avoid IFHE. Only take AFT from the 4th row, because thats all you need. Rest is up to you in the end.

So... I ask him and you answer with your opinion. Thanks. 

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,423 battles
8 hours ago, ENO75 said:

Share! Share!

Mag mod 1, turret traverse, reload mod, speed boost, rudder shift 1, conceal mod 1.

PT, LS, DE, CE, AFT.

Mostly play run and gun but the concealment does help me go dark. Might swap it. IDK. For now concealment is helping a lot. And speed is life.

[TMS]
Members
1,623 posts
21,656 battles
33 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Mag mod 1, turret traverse, reload mod, speed boost, rudder shift 1, conceal mod 1.

PT, LS, DE, CE, AFT.

Mostly play run and gun but the concealment does help me go dark. Might swap it. IDK. For now concealment is helping a lot. And speed is life.

You have already gone to the darkside by just playing it, we dont need you going any darker, i need to see you  coming as much as possible when im in my shima.

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,423 battles
48 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

You have already gone to the darkside by just playing it, we dont need you going any darker, i need to see you  coming as much as possible when im in my shima.

It's ok I haz a flashlight.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,898 posts
5,488 battles
11 hours ago, IronWolfV said:

She's still a good ship.

Aye, that she is, but she can also be hit and miss.  Just wait for that one battle where you are your team's only DD, and the enemy has a Shima and Z-52.  Or that one battle where you head off to a flank, only to run into a Moskva, so you head middle and get chased off by a Hindenburg, before going around the far flank only to get surprise #%$* by a Zao.

The Khaba is at its most enjoyable when you have free reign to just burn things, but if you ever get focused down hard, especially by enemy cruisers, and just can't seem to find any space to burn things in relative peace.....playing the Khaba can be a miserable experience. 

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,423 battles
4 hours ago, yashma said:

Aye, that she is, but she can also be hit and miss.  Just wait for that one battle where you are your team's only DD, and the enemy has a Shima and Z-52.  Or that one battle where you head off to a flank, only to run into a Moskva, so you head middle and get chased off by a Hindenburg, before going around the far flank only to get surprise #%$* by a Zao.

The Khaba is at its most enjoyable when you have free reign to just burn things, but if you ever get focused down hard, especially by enemy cruisers, and just can't seem to find any space to burn things in relative peace.....playing the Khaba can be a miserable experience. 

Well considering I'm a cruiser player to begin with, I should be just fine.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

I have the Khab researched, just haven't bothered buying it yet.

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

Congratz mate, welcome to the club!  I hit 365 games in my Khab this morning...  and its still a ton of fun to play.  

It is amusing when you get ignored...  I guess many players figure they cant hit it, so why bother.  

B

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,423 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaitmana said:

Burn this abomination with fury of thousand suns

giphy.gif

[USCC2]
Members
3,428 posts

Khab has the best stats for the tier X DDs - damage and survival - so automatically has a very good WR (because she's the DD that survives lol).

However, although she tops the damage for DDs every other type ship is better - like the Belfast people tend to give her more kudos than she probably deserves (instead of just wiping her out). Still makes me laugh when people cry OP.

Congrats though, a good DD driver will do well in her. :Smile_honoring: