Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Post your painful/crushing Co-op losses

15 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,352 posts
10,135 battles

***PLEASE keep this on topic! IF you don't like or don't play Co-op then just move on. Let's not start a Random is the only good/real mode here PLEASE!***

I started a thread a while back for people to post about good games in Co-op here...

... so let's have one now for those soul crushing, wth just happened, you have got to be kidding me Co-op losses... :Smile_facepalm: LOL

I just had one with Yamato and it was only my 2nd loss with it. I am ticked off as I saw it coming from the get go based on chat comments and also because our 4 bots were all DD's. My Co-op losses always seem to come when people talk smack about the bots (easy mode - similar to forum talk) or at least 50% of the team is DD bots. If one or both of those happen it is a sign of impending doom at high tiers LOL. I knew it the second I saw the MM and read the chat comments that it was probably a loss.:Smile_amazed:

What I really can't believe is how fast I wound up alone vs 5. Teams were Yamato(me), Minotaur, Des Moines, Tirpitz, and then 4 T8 DD. I tried to cover our Des Moines as he advanced at game start but he went out before I could even get into position and get my turrets fully swung over to cover him. He got one of the enemy DD but I think ate torps? All I know is he went out FAST! The Minotaur and Tirpitz got 2 between them (1 kill for each side missing in report so not sure who got what???) but they went out just a few moments later. I had hardly heard the battle start sound and I was hearing you are our last hope.  wth??? :Smile_hiding: LOL

I had 4 on me over on my side. Tirpitz, Minotaur, and 2 DD. I managed to get them but not before most of my health was gone and the enemy had all 3 caps. I didn't have the time left to hunt down and tackle the enemy Yamato ( not really enough HP left either - close) who was last ship. If I had the time I would have tried as I always go for the win but I knew it was a lost game at the point I finished the Tirpitz leaving it Yamato vs Yamato and them near 900 points (we had crap - like 280 or some ridiculous figure). So, I grabbed the nearest cap to try and at least salvage a good pay day from things. I got it moments before they won on points.

So frustrating when players take the bots lightly. Higher tier bots are super accurate and will wreck you if you don't pay attention and/or if you get cocky. I am not trying to shame the other 3 humans or start any kind of Random mode discussion here. These are decent to good Random players (51%, 53%, and 60% in Random) though and they got absolutely spanked by those easy bots. I see it all the time. Co-op is not easy mode once you move up to say T7-T8+. Bots will paddle you! The thing is you need to take it serious and many don't. Then you lose like today. :Smile-angry:

Ah me and oh well. Just another in a long line of painful losses in Co-op for me recently because of bad play or people not taking it serious. The bots got the last laugh on me today I guess. :Smile_sad:

xzggTTX.jpg

3ZHTnUa.jpg

w3N7tBl.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,352 posts
10,135 battles

This is without doubt my worst Co-op loss. 229K damage and a loss. :Smile_facepalm: Again, ended up alone vs many and ran out of time before they got to 1000 with 1 enemy left ( coincidentally a matching Montana to my Montana in this one ).

lA4BfVM.jpg

YJDxRtZ.jpg

lbRnR15.jpg

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles

I recall my very first few Co-op games as being crushing & painful. Then I wised up & got wins so boringly easy that I left Co-op never to return.

How anyone could get a soul crushing defeat in Co-op mode & then want to brag about that, well, some people are, imho, 'bizarro'.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles

My worst was my first ever T9 round, in Roon. Even with a full human team, the bots roflstomped us 8 ships to a big fat zero. We couldn't even suicide properly. It's the only time a co-op round has ever been as soul crushing as a total steamroll in a Ranked round, for me, anyway.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles
17 minutes ago, aethervox said:

I recall my very first few Co-op games as being crushing & painful. Then I wised up & got wins so boringly easy that I left Co-op never to return.

How anyone could get a soul crushing defeat in Co-op mode & then want to brag about that, well, some people are, imho, 'bizarro'.

Vox, try and respect the OP's request, please.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
14 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

People lose co-op games?

Yeah, it happens.  And sorry to be blunt, but it takes a special kind of stupid for it to happen, particularly in the mid tiers where the bots are still really dumb.  I see it all the time.  People who are playing a torp armed cruiser charging the enemy to try to torp him at lose range ending up eating the enemy's torps instead, is a HUGE one that happens with annoying frequency.  In the higher tiers, not sticking together is usually the primary screw up.

Last night, I played my Ranger and did 131k damage, but we had a number of brain surgeons on my team who just kept finding ways to screw up.  The bots had 2 of the 3 caps and a good point lead, which we could have stopped, if the last remaining BBV, a Gneisenau, had just headed from the NE cap to the center cap on Shards.  But instead, he just had to chase after the enemy CV.  I couldn't head for B cap because there was a Tirpitz still alive that I was working on (and eventually finished) who was close enough to B that he'd have spotted me easily, so I had to delay heading to B or even heading to the SW cap, which the bots held.

I could have won the game for us, but my final torp attack missed.  It can be hard torping a Ranger because they do turn pretty quickly, and I was still so far away that I just didn't have time to get my planes back and re-armed and make another attack in time.  Oh, and BTW, that friendly Gneisensau didn't manage to get the kill on the range and instead got himself killed by it instead. I did just about everything I could to carry the team, but sometimes you can't fix stupid no matter how hard you try.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts

Yep- those mainly bot teams usually lead to hearing that "YOU are the last hope!" within the first 4 minutes or so.  Usually leaving you to deal with 5 or more bots.   Missouri games seem to specialize in that...

Heck, just had one today with 4 bot DD's; 1 human DD, an Alabama, an Eugen, and me in my New Orleans.   ALL 4 of those bots were dead almost immediately.   I don't even know if we won or lost that one- I logged off in disgust as soon as I died.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles

Every loss I endure in co-op is painful and crushing and almost always caused by most of the human team charging straight ahead into the bots, being out torped and out shot and evaporating within the first 4 or 5 minutes, leaving me and maybe one other human left alive to fend off the entire red team of Bots, very difficult to live against the focused and extremely accurate fire that the BOTS rain down on you...at least we go down fighting.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles
15 hours ago, Pulicat said:

People lose co-op games?

13 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Far more easily than one would at first suspect.

and to those that are part of the anti co-op base or for those that have not yet ventured into co-op, the speed at which your human team can evaporate and the speed at which a loss occurs can sometimes leave you in total disbelief that it actually happened, wth just happened and hith did it just happen, that last part...'hith' did it just happen, we all know how it happened, we just cannot believe that it actually did happen, lol.

Members
3 posts
139 battles

Usually my co-op losses involve there being only 1 or 2 humans with 5 or 6 bot teammates. Since the bots always seem to end up as a bunch of DDs or torp cruisers they love to sail right into enemy torps, so if you get lucky they might have survived the torp exchange, but often enough they sail into the enemy torps before getting their own off and next thing you know you are the BB  or CV sitting there looking at 7 enemy ships all coming for you, heavily damaged if you are lucky. The CV one is especially painful if you are still in the low tier ones as they can be hard to take out DDs with. I don't think of these as soul-crushing because they are just to be expected for the most part.

However the ones that feel soul-crushing are queueing up as a t5 ship, seeing a t7 premium as the only other human who gets hammered so you are stuck fighting a whole lot of t6 and t7 bots with only the questionable help of friendly bots.

On a semi-related note, does it ever seem like the bots are way more accurate when shooting at humans than when shooting at each other?

Sign in to follow this