Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
evilleMonkeigh

Blyskawica - Add Defensive Fire?

10 comments in this topic

evilleMonkeigh    133

The Blyskawica (since the removal of OWSF) occupies a similar role to the Leningrad. While a good ship, it's now less unique.

It has a famous history, but a key moment was the Cowes Blitz.

The Blyskawica was being refitted when the town was attacked by waves of bombers. The fire from the Blyskawica helped drive off the German planes, preventing bombs reaching their targets, and thus preventing a greater loss of life.

Sounds like Defensive Fire, right?

I don't think it would be gamebreaking, and it seems to be a historical fit. It'd be a minor buff to placate those upset by the loss of OWSF, and would make the ship more unique.

Lert    15,686

1) Blys doesn't need a buff

2) Blys doesn't have enough AA to make DFAA worth it to begin with.

• Cool 1

evilleMonkeigh    133

No planes were shot down in the Cowes raid. Just driven off/scattered.

If there's not enough AA to make it "worth it" then it isn't much of a buff to be concerned about? i.e. kinda invalidates this concern:

pmgaudio    3,426
1 hour ago, Lert said:

SO4XGbE.jpg

Crucis    2,649
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Honestly, I don't think that ANY destroyer has enough AA to justify it mounting the defensive fire consumable.  Even the best AA armed DD is a pitiful shadow under the equatorial noon time sun compared to AA that a proper high tier battleship can produce!!!

Crucis    2,649
13 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Well if you say so. 

Putin sez so.  So make it so.  LOL.

RedSeaBear    2,146
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, I don't think that ANY destroyer has enough AA to justify it mounting the defensive fire consumable.  Even the best AA armed DD is a pitiful shadow under the equatorial noon time sun compared to AA that a proper high tier battleship can produce!!!

You haven't seen what a Fletcher or Gearing can do to planes have you? They could hurt a squad of planes before WG buffed DD Defensive Fire but now its just ridiculous. The other day a Midway tried to hit my Gearing with Torpedo Bombers, popped DF, CV tried to pull back the squad but it was to late. I shot down the whole squad before they could get away. I was just like :cap_haloween: 

The_GoDDfather    1,586
17 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

You haven't seen what a Fletcher or Gearing can do to planes have you? They could hurt a squad of planes before WG buffed DD Defensive Fire but now its just ridiculous. The other day a Midway tried to hit my Gearing with Torpedo Bombers, popped DF, CV tried to pull back the squad but it was to late. I shot down the whole squad before they could get away. I was just like :cap_haloween: 

There was a guy that shoot down 45+ planes in a Kidd the other day; Fletcher and Gearing can do it too. Then Grozo has better ranged, more powerful AA than Gearing. They could pull a good amount of planes down before the 6x change, now it's hilarity, and worth taking always.

Though, more on topic, I think the 4x2 100mm load out would be more interesting than just giving DFAA. Just give the 100mm loadout, I'd be very interested in that.

Edited by The_GoDDfather

Umikami    1,079
13 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

Z-46 and Z-52 can both mount intimidating AA.

Sign in to follow this