You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Falls_USMC

USS Kidd Thoughts and Observations after 25 games (Now with 170+ Games Update)

133 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
951 posts
6,918 battles
2 hours ago, Anime_Penetrating_Shells said:

daring AP eats it alive 

Daring AP eats any DD alive until you angle. What's your point? 

• Bad 1

Members
479 posts
3,241 battles
7 minutes ago, Falls_USMC said:

Daring AP eats any DD alive until you angle. What's your point? 

I dont know where you attitude came from. Youre a crapbag.

either angle against him to mitigate AP till he switches to HE, and you lose out either way in a direct 1v1 with kidds 3 guns that can fire angled. 

Edited by Anime_Penetrating_Shells
  • Angry 1

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
951 posts
6,918 battles
23 hours ago, Anime_Penetrating_Shells said:

I dont know where you attitude came from. Youre a crapbag.

either angle against him to mitigate AP till he switches to HE, and you lose out either way in a direct 1v1 with kidds 3 guns that can fire angled. 

No attitude? I asked a question. 

I guess I was just confused because ‘Daring AP eats it alive’ comes across as a counterpoint to an argument that didn’t exist. Nowhere in this topic did I ever argue that the Kidd was better than the Daring. So it just seemed strange, and I was asking what your point was.

if you were just stating an objective fact, then I agree. The Daring AP will absolutely eat the Kidd alive. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-TNT-]
Members
616 posts
7,936 battles

Devil Dog, I found my U.S.S. Kidd a solid premium ship. She has heals that allows me to be aggressive in supporting BB and fellow DDs AA coverage.  In on random match took on two enemy Lexington CV trying to destroy the tirpitz until I pressed my zap button (Def Fire).  They then sent wave after wave trying to kill me.  I recall they gave up after the 37th plane being shot down.  My only regret in owning the Kidd is I cannot join a division with tier 10s due to the +/- 1.  I have three 19-point Fletcher Captains that I rotate depending on what build I use. You and I pretty much have the same build but deffer in the captain skills.  In the support role I use smoke to cover the fleet and AA. Contesting the caps is not the primary here.

Fletcher AA.png

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
951 posts
6,918 battles
On 3/1/2019 at 1:01 AM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Fletcher AA.png

That’s a hell of an AA build. No wonder you’re shredding everything! 

I messed around with this build right after the rework dropped but I found myself really missing survivability expert and concealment. Now with CV population back to tolerable levels, running the one AA mod that replaces main battery accuracy, and BFT, I find it a good middle ground. 

The Kidd is a great example of a premium done right. It’s stayed competitive through everything thus far. 

[-TNT-]
Members
616 posts
7,936 battles
7 hours ago, Falls_USMC said:

That’s a hell of an AA build. No wonder you’re shredding everything! 

I messed around with this build right after the rework dropped but I found myself really missing survivability expert and concealment. Now with CV population back to tolerable levels, running the one AA mod that replaces main battery accuracy, and BFT, I find it a good middle ground. 

The Kidd is a great example of a premium done right. It’s stayed competitive through everything thus far. 

The sector is re-enforced to 180% in like 4-5 seconds.

[SYN]
Members
485 posts
9,789 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 11:01 PM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Fletcher AA.png

How is this possible? It adds up to 20 Capt points (Edit duh: You are not running concealment expert. Brave man, my mind just included it as required lol :)

The Atlanta used to be my goto ship when lots CVs around, but it is not the AA platform it was in the rework. The Kidd, IMO, was so much better as a pure gunboat and did not do AA as well as WG advertised prior to rework. But now? hehe I am tearing up CVs with the Kidd. I am not running AFT, I dont think it adds enough to justify it over IFHE. But I am running BFT, MFCAA, the ship module and the AA special module.

So far my best anti air games have been 80 and 84 :)

Spoiler

k7RdtBe.jpg

A7hP8ue.jpg

Edited by DeadMeat_015

[-TNT-]
Members
616 posts
7,936 battles
16 hours ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

How is this possible? It adds up to 20 Capt points (Edit duh: You are not running concealment expert. Brave man, my mind just included it as required lol :)

The Atlanta used to be my goto ship when lots CVs around, but it is not the AA platform it was in the rework. The Kidd, IMO, was so much better as a pure gunboat and did not do AA as well as WG advertised prior to rework. But now? hehe I am tearing up CVs with the Kidd. I am not running AFT, I dont think it adds enough to justify it over IFHE. But I am running BFT, MFCAA, the ship module and the AA special module.

So far my best anti air games have been 80 and 84 :)

Reveal hidden contents

k7RdtBe.jpg

A7hP8ue.jpg

It's those two (2) mid-range 40mm quads that erase planes from the sky that makes her.  Since She has heals I can forego CE.  I mainly use her to give BBs AA coverage like Yamato  or low end AA ships. If war gaming offered a way to pay $$$ to move her up to tier IX I would do it without thinking about it. This would allow her that extra module slot for enhancing her AA to god tier.

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon
  • Cool 2